Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

AWD Motorsports and Buschur Racing FTW!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2011, 10:58 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AWD Motorsports and Buschur Racing FTW!

I've had my VIII for a little over two years and have been slowly changing the mods to get it the way I want it. After returning home from deployment in May, and spending countless hours reading and observing a ton of information on the forum. I decided it was time to start selling off my stock pile of old parts and start modding the Evo.

I started tuning the car in July, and after making a little bit of progress. It seemed like my ETS 3inch was getting heat soaked and holding me back. Not to say that this isn't a great upgrade over the stock intercooler, it just was not working for me and my 95*F ambient temps.

I again turned to the forums and began chating with Mike at AWD. I had made the decision that I would go with either a Buschur Race core, or a Buschur Street core. I've had great success with all my other Buschur parts (catback, front motor mount, shifter bushings). After seeing AWD's results with the street core and their back to back runs down in Coral Springs, FL. I decided that I would go with the Street core.

Mike was extremely helpful once again which is why I keep going to him for information and parts, thanks Mike. AWD also hooked me up the an awesome discount since I'm Active Duty Military. That is greatly appreciated, by all military I assure you!

The intercooler shipped directly from Buschur, and was packaged like it was going into combat! The craftsmanship of the intercooler was phenomenal. Welds were all beautiful, I just wanted to mount it on the wall above my fireplace.

After installing the intercooler I wanted to see the results. Hoping that I would see some new found power. Without changing a thing other than the intercooler I went out and logged a couple runs. I could not believe what I was seeing.

Fuel: 93 Oct
Boost: 25psi
Current power mods: Buschur Catback with Magnaflow and SD midpipe, 3 inch downpipe, Buschur Street FMIC, 2.5 inch lower intercooler pipe, innovate lc-1, Evo 9 DV, AMS boost controller, Cone Filter

I had lean spool enabled when I was tuning before and I think that why the AFR's are so jumpy. I haven't finished the tune yet and I think that there may be more power left in the car with the new intercooler. I'll post my results once I finish the tune.

Hopefully I didn't miss anything.

Overall, I'm extremely happy with the results and would recommend AWD Motorsports and Buschur Racing over and over again!
Old Sep 29, 2011, 12:51 PM
Account Disabled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Congrats man! Like I said let me know if you want some help with your tune, or want me to go out with you to log and give you some pointers!
Old Sep 29, 2011, 12:58 PM
Evolved Member

Were the intercoolers the same size? your car reminds me of mine before I black out my headlight housing and added a front lip. Mike is very good at returning PM's and answering questions.

Last edited by localtoys73; Sep 29, 2011 at 01:01 PM.
Old Sep 29, 2011, 01:05 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Freddie@Spec-Ops
Congrats man! Like I said let me know if you want some help with your tune, or want me to go out with you to log and give you some pointers!
Thanks Freddie, you'll probably be hearing from me shortly. I made some drastic changes to the tune, and I'm going to go see what the results are now.

Originally Posted by localtoys73
Were the intercoolers the same size? your car reminds me of mine before I black out my headlight housing and added a front lip. Mike is very good at returning PM's and answering questions.
The previous was an ETS 3 inch, and the Buschur Street core is 3.5. Mike is great at replying to everything, and helping out with individual needs.
Old Sep 29, 2011, 01:49 PM
Evolving Member

Looks great! But you should put the bumper mesh back in, it'll really help to protect the fins!
Old Sep 29, 2011, 02:30 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by DRCperformance
Looks great! But you should put the bumper mesh back in, it'll really help to protect the fins!
It didn't want to fit, I'm going to try and get it in there this weekend. I like the idea of the protection myself.
Old Sep 29, 2011, 03:29 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Nice review buschur ftw!!
Old Sep 29, 2011, 04:03 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by JorgeYaHeard
It didn't want to fit, I'm going to try and get it in there this weekend. I like the idea of the protection myself.
you will have to dremel a few of the mesh holders to make it fit snug. It will fit though I have a 4.5 on mine with the mesh it took some work but it does fit.
Old Sep 29, 2011, 04:35 PM
Former Sponsor

George, thanks for the great review!!! We really appreciate it!!
Old Sep 29, 2011, 04:40 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Old Sep 29, 2011, 04:48 PM
Evolving Member

Very nice! I can't wait until I get to take mine down there as well, I purchased the same intercooler!!
Old Sep 29, 2011, 04:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
Thank you very much for the review and for your service to our country!

Glad to help you further with whatever it is you need!
Old Sep 29, 2011, 05:01 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by phizzalot
Very nice! I can't wait until I get to take mine down there as well, I purchased the same intercooler!!
You won't be disappointed that's for sure! AWD's customer service is second to none, and Buschur doesn't make things that don't work!

Originally Posted by David Buschur
Thank you very much for the review and for your service to our country!

Glad to help you further with whatever it is you need!
David, thanks for making nothing but the best! When I buy a part I want to take all the "what if" out, and make sure that I'm getting the most bang for my buck. That being said, I've been slowly swapping everything on the car to a Buschur Racing version (mainly because of the quality and the performance they offer). Plus your from my home state OH!
Old Sep 29, 2011, 05:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
Where in Ohio are you from?
Old Sep 29, 2011, 05:20 PM
FJF
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by David Buschur
David, I have your Standard Core FMIC that I bought ~4 years ago. How does it compare to the Street Core reviewed here?

Quick Reply: AWD Motorsports and Buschur Racing FTW!