Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

My experience with Buschur Racing and Buschur Automotive

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2011, 04:25 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dave, I only stated my age of 36 and 10 years racing so nobody on here gets it twisted. I'm not some kid on here spending daddy's money who doesn't know about cars. This was my own hard earned money that I decided to spend WITH YOUR shop. I'm not going to stoop to your level with insults as everybody knows that is your MO when someone makes a legitimate complaint.

Please explain to me how the BRAND NEW Buschur 2.3l motor I bought from you that only had DYNO miles on it was "abused" as you put it. It was installed by TopSpeed and dyno tuned. It didn't make very good power so I asked them to do a compression test. I don't know how many miles are put on during dyno tuning, but it couldn't be more than 100. You said the low compression was "normal" and I just went with it. TopSpeed said it wasn't normal and I just took your word. I drove the car for another 1,500 miles and decided I wasn't happy with the lack of power of the stroker motor made so I shipped it up to you. You dyno tuned it and thought the power was also low so you did your own compression test with the same exact results and said the motor was "junk". If it had the same compression with less than 100 miles on it, how could it go from "normal" to "junk". The 1,500 miles was put on after the first compression test.

The 4th gear you and Dan were sneaky to swap out was the first thing John mentioned when he received and inspected the trans. He called me and said that he marks all of his gears with a special marking and that 4th gear didn't have it. He said 4th gear was not the gear he had just installed a couple weeks before. We assumed you guys swapped it out to cover your tail and the damage you did to the 4th gear while driving the car. John suggested another 4th gear because he didn't know where that gear was from.

John and I both agreed to keep it between us because we thought if we brought it up it would only cause a bigger issue than we were already dealing with. YES you did tell me you drove the car, then you said to tell John you didn't and to tell him it never left the dyno. You originally told me the car started making the noise while driving down the street, then you changed your story saying it made the noise on the dyno and you never took the car off your property. You got caught in a lie then, I even brought it up to you. I also told Dan because it was only fair for him to know the truth. He said he knew already by looking at the gears and he and I agreed just to let your lie slide.

I'm more than willing to take a lie detector test, are you?

You also say you never drive customers cars on the street? Dave, I was sitting in the passenger seat of MY CAR when YOU were driving it. You drove down the street from your shop and did 3 pulls up to 140 mph with me in the passenger seat. I'm just bringing this up as a point because you say you don't drive customers cars on the street. Another lie. You also told me you drove my car after one of the builds and you had to be careful because there was still snow on the ground.

I don't remember Dan paying $1500 for the trans, I vaguely remember him giving some money but I don't remember $1500. I was still out money from my own pocket for his screw up. I believe he just covered some of the cost which was the right thing to do. Covering it all would have been better.

Motor #1 crank walked within 100 miles

Motor #2 low compression on motor with less than 100 miles(after driving 1,500 miles I foot the bill for a replacement motor after you said it was "junk")

Motor #2 valves float because of the weak dual springs(I foot the bill for repair)

Motor #3 blew within 150 miles while Dan was test driving it to duplicate the knocking(I footed the bill for a new block and parts at your cost)

Then the trans issue which is technically Buschur Auto's issue. His problem, not yours.

Now, you say that if you want to be the fastest car on the street/track you gotta pay to play and stuff happens, parts break, etc.... BUT IF THE CAR NEVER LEAVES THE SHOP BECAUSE THE MOTOR continues to FAIL or has issues, HOW IS THAT PLAYING? That's just paying, NOT PLAYING.

The car was never abused, that is just you trying to put thoughts in readers heads that the car was abused. Far from the truth. The car hardly left the shop because it was one issue after another. It may have been abused from driving it from one bay to another bay 20 ft away because that's where the car lived, in the shop.

If I had driven the car at the track and had all these issues while racing, it would be a different story. This is not the case. I don't think what I went through was fair at all.

I guess that is how you treat customers that spend more than $50,000 with you?
Old Nov 1, 2011, 04:54 PM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
My responses are below in bold.

Originally Posted by 2.3 evo 8
please explain to me how the brand new buschur 2.3l motor i bought from you that only had dyno miles on it was "abused" as you put it. It was installed by topspeed and dyno tuned. It didn't make very good power so i asked them to do a compression test. I don't know how many miles are put on during dyno tuning, but it couldn't be more than 100. You said the low compression was "normal" and i just went with it. Topspeed said it wasn't normal and i just took your word. I drove the car for another 1,500 miles and decided i wasn't happy with the lack of power of the stroker motor made so i shipped it up to you. You dyno tuned it and thought the power was also low so you did your own compression test with the same exact results and said the motor was "junk". If it had the same compression with less than 100 miles on it, how could it go from "normal" to "junk". The 1,500 miles was put on after the first compression test.

I can't explain it as we didn't install it, tune it nor do i know what happened to it. Unfortunately, i don't remember every detail of your history, mostly because i wanted to completely forget about every seeing you, talking to your or dealing with you. Engines don't leave here making low compression, typically it's the opposite.

The 4th gear you and dan were sneaky to swap out was the first thing john mentioned when he received and inspected the trans. He called me and said that he marks all of his gears with a special marking and that 4th gear didn't have it. He said 4th gear was not the gear he had just installed a couple weeks before. We assumed you guys swapped it out to cover your tail and the damage you did to the 4th gear while driving the car. John suggested another 4th gear because he didn't know where that gear was from.

That's an interesting story now but initially he told you it needed replaced and you asked us to pay for it. That's when it got ugly because it was a brand new gear. You then back pedaled actually and you or you and jon changed your story on the 4th gear. We were not covering our tails, the rest of the trans was trashed, we were seeing how honest it was going to be and it panned out that someone lied to us.

John and i both agreed to keep it between us because we thought if we brought it up it would only cause a bigger issue than we were already dealing with. Yes you did tell me you drove the car, then you said to tell john you didn't and to tell him it never left the dyno. You originally told me the car started making the noise while driving down the street, then you changed your story saying it made the noise on the dyno and you never took the car off your property. You got caught in a lie then, i even brought it up to you. I also told dan because it was only fair for him to know the truth. He said he knew already by looking at the gears and he and i agreed just to let your lie slide.
I'm more than willing to take a lie detector test, are you?

You are an absolute 100% bold face liar about the car being driven on the street. This i do remember, that car made noise on the dyno and never made it to the street.

You also say you never drive customers cars on the street? Dave, i was sitting in the passenger seat of my car when you were driving it. You drove down the street from your shop and did 3 pulls up to 140 mph with me in the passenger seat. I'm just bringing this up as a point because you say you don't drive customers cars on the street. Another lie. You also told me you drove my car after one of the builds and you had to be careful because there was still snow on the ground.

Did i drive your car with you in it? Yes!! You drive like a dude with parkinsons, i wasn't going to ride with you. The time the transmission failed the car did not see the road at all and yes i'd take a lie detector.

I don't remember dan paying $1500 for the trans, i vaguely remember him giving some money but i don't remember $1500. I was still out money from my own pocket for his screw up. I believe he just covered some of the cost which was the right thing to do. Covering it all would have been better.

Well this shows how poorly your memory sucks. After this was settled and he paid the $1500 i told you don't call, don't email don't come back and go buy a vette.

Motor #1 crank walked within 100 miles

eagle crank, i covered it already.

Motor #2 low compression on motor with less than 100 miles(after driving 1,500 miles i foot the bill for a replacement motor after you said it was "junk")

i didn't tune it, i didn't drive it and i don't remember the details from 5 years ago on why it was worn out and low on compression in "1500" miles.

Motor #2 valves float because of the weak dual springs(i foot the bill for repair)

i covered this too, supertech valve springs changed without warnin
g.

Motor #3 blew within 150 miles while dan was test driving it to duplicate the knocking(i footed the bill for a new block and parts at your cost)

covered this too, do you have a mental problem? Groden rods all started failing, we stopped using them.

Then the trans issue which is technically buschur auto's issue. His problem, not yours.

Actually the first problem while i was tuning the car on the dyno is jon at tre's rpoblem. That first trans was a complete piece of **** and broke on the dyno.

The car was never abused, that is just you trying to put thoughts in readers heads that the car was abused. Far from the truth. The car hardly left the shop because it was one issue after another. It may have been abused from driving it from one bay to another bay 20 ft away because that's where the car lived, in the shop.

Actually there are a few guys on this forum that are from the atlanta area, you have a very short memory for things, that use to call me and give me updates on your stupidity and what you were doing with the car.

If i had driven the car at the track and had all these issues while racing, it would be a different story. This is not the case. I don't think what i went through was fair at all.

What you went through was a lot of bad luck. Eagle cranks, a spring change and poor quality rods. Most of which i fixed for free, you even said so in your first post. The trans the first time was jon's problem 100% end of story. The second time since dan paid for it i assume he accepted some responsibility but added to that he wanted you to go away and never return, same as i did.

I guess that is how you treat customers that spend more than $50,000 with you?

No actually that's how i treat ungrateful cry babies who don't see anything good. You don't see the money we spent to fix issues that were not our fault. The time i spent tuning the car and helping at no charge. You have no appreciation for work done at cost and labor done for free. We continually tried to help you out and get you to the goal of the month you always had. In the end you were just a guy who constantly complained and no matter what was done you were never happy. It was a great day, the day you sold you evo. I honestly hate to see you back in the community.

Last edited by David Buschur; Nov 1, 2011 at 04:56 PM.
Old Nov 1, 2011, 08:46 PM
EvoM Administrator

Received 39 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by David Buschur
You didn't close it I have nothing else to say. Those are the two sides of it. I am happy with myself and how everything was handled at all times. Free and our cost is about as good as anyone can ask for.

He can send me a PM if he has more issues.
I did close it, but the op wanted to respond, and now you have as well. I think all that can be discussed has been, so now this thread is closed for good. All further correspondence should be through PM.