Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

Cbrd tune ftw!!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2012, 10:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Cbrd tune ftw!!

After more than one bad experience at a particular tuner shop in NJ, I decided to take the drive to CBRD in York PA for my tune. Chad seemed very professional and eager to offer whatever advice and help necessary. After I got to they're shop it wasn't too long before they had my car in the shop prepping for the tune, found a few minor issues, got them fixed and got the car on the dyno. Chad did a great job with the tune and I'm happy with the power the car made. These guys CARE about they're customers and don't leave customers sitting around for hours past their appointment like someone else. I'd like to thank all the guys at CBRD and I will do business there again for sure and encourage anyone who was considering them to go ahead and you won't be disappointed.
Old Mar 8, 2012, 10:43 PM
Evolving Member

Glad to hear that you are happy. What shop in NJ? No reason to not let us know. Remember, they EARNED the bad review.
Old Mar 8, 2012, 11:04 PM

Originally Posted by TurboTravis
Glad to hear that you are happy. What shop in NJ? No reason to not let us know. Remember, they EARNED the bad review.
I really didnt wanna make this thread about the other shop, so all i'll say is their in Linden NJ, that should be enough info.
Old Mar 9, 2012, 06:54 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by jdm96gsr
I really didnt wanna make this thread about the other shop, so all i'll say is their in Linden NJ, that should be enough info.
same exact thing happened to me two years ago man and i took the ride to cbrd also lol... those guys are awesome, as you said "very professional" and they do great work! guess some things never change

the two top shops on the east coast for sure are "CBRD & BUSCHURRACING" plain and simple, choose your poison
Old Mar 9, 2012, 01:31 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
What's your setup? And what kind of numbers did you get?!
Old Mar 9, 2012, 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by ElectricBlueIX
What's your setup? And what kind of numbers did you get?!
314 whp 317 tq
evo 9 turbo, hks 272's and intake, 3" tbe, buscher ported mani, map o2 with open dump, 255 pump, everything else stock. 24 lbs on pump gas

http://youtu.be/W_HNVc_n4_U

Last edited by jdm96gsr; Mar 9, 2012 at 08:36 PM.
Old Mar 9, 2012, 09:24 PM

is that kinda low for those mods?
Old Mar 9, 2012, 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by wilsonevo8
is that kinda low for those mods?
Not really, Also realize cbrd uses a mustang dyno to tune not dynojet, so their numbers are alot more accurate to what you would make in real world instances. Chad showed me a graph of a bone stock evo which made I think 204 on the same dyno, so if you wanna look at it from that point of view I'm 100 whp over stock with minor mods. Reguardless of the numbers the car pulls like crazy and yet retains excellent driveability. All I wanted.
Old Mar 10, 2012, 08:59 AM
Evolved Member

Received 45 Likes on 41 Posts
I do all my own work but if i needed to CBRD and STM are the shops in the NE I would ever trust with my money and car. Both shops being quite a drive from me.

Nice to hear you're finally happy with your car
Old Mar 10, 2012, 09:16 AM
Evolving Member

did you use a test pipe with your TBE?
i think with a test pipe/licp/IC and possibly some injectors you would have easily had +20 whp......I'm also looking at a similar setup because streetability is my #1 goal...i'm looking at a at least 350whp setup though...
Old Mar 10, 2012, 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by giumela
did you use a test pipe with your TBE?
i think with a test pipe/licp/IC and possibly some injectors you would have easily had +20 whp......I'm also looking at a similar setup because streetability is my #1 goal...i'm looking at a at least 350whp setup though...
Yes I'm running a test pipe, but I also agree, an upgraded intercooler and ets licp would def got me some more, but I was kinda curious to see how much I could get out of certain components. For now I'm not touching it. Looks like you have a few more mods than me so you're goal seems easily attainable.
Old Mar 10, 2012, 12:23 PM
Evolving Member

I took my baby there over the winter, just like you said the guys are awesome. They take care of your car like it was their own.

But, my car made 323 with and AEM Intake, Megan racing TBE, AMS UICP, AEM UEGO and a 3 port boost controller (which chad recommended that day) . Im not seeing how you can be only making 314 with all the extra mods you have....
Old Mar 10, 2012, 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by Jschlo4
I took my baby there over the winter, just like you said the guys are awesome. They take care of your car like it was their own.

But, my car made 323 with and AEM Intake, Megan racing TBE, AMS UICP, AEM UEGO and a 3 port boost controller (which chad recommended that day) . Im not seeing how you can be only making 314 with all the extra mods you have....
Are you on pump gas or e85? I honestly thought I'd make a little more but I did ask for a conservative tune and like I said before I'm still on stock intercooler so I didnt wanna push it too much then deal with heat soak during the summertime when its really hot.
Old Mar 10, 2012, 05:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Jschlo4

Dude ur making 9hp more than him. On the stock IC you'll have a 9hp difference in back to back pulls...not what I would call a significant difference. Extra mods? hks 272 are such a mild cam, I would say they stack up pretty even with stock IX cams. A IX turbo on an VIII doesn't make equal power to an actual IX with equivalent bolt ons either. Similarly equipped on stock turbos, the IX just makes more power. It takes an VIII with cams to keep up with a simple bolt-on IX. Those differences tend to end after you swap for larger than stock turbos. MIVEC really helps out when you have tuner who knows how to utilize the properties well...

To the OP, results look good. You picked a great shop...they will steer you in the right direction. I've had issues with your original shop too. LOVE the tuner, but the shop's overall service has gone downhill over the years. Not sure if its the staff or what, but everytime there's some BS that causes it to be a 12hr day when all you wanted was a 1-2hr tuning session...sucks when u drive all the way from upstate NY.

Last edited by YogSaahoth; Mar 10, 2012 at 05:39 PM.
Old Mar 10, 2012, 06:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 46 Likes on 37 Posts
CBRD is a great shop. But theres a certain other shop in Edison, NJ too as an alternative. Any reason you didn't try them?

Quick Reply: Cbrd tune ftw!!