Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

Sheptrans is not as good as they say they are

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2012, 09:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sheptrans is not as good as they say they are

Well I know some of you may hate me for this and im not trying to start any trouble but I recently had my transfercase serviced from shep and they rebuilt my tcase and then I got back the deathwine after driving it for only a few weeks.

I used the correct fluids and such my car did not have the deathwine on it before. I gave it 500 miles on a break in period never launched it because im too scared. I found out about the binding problem which wasn't the tcase at that time and I had it rebuilt by them instead it was the differential inside the transmission. I will never deal with them ever again. I had my tcase build by shep and the messed up my car now im going to get it rebuilt by a real professional.

Last edited by golgo13; Aug 25, 2013 at 11:40 AM.
Old Apr 10, 2012, 09:27 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just read what u recently had on here about shep and your tcase... Why the change of heart all of a sudden... Just wondering cause I'm bout to send them my trans...
Old Apr 11, 2012, 06:19 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Missed your post!
Old Apr 11, 2012, 06:36 AM
Evolved Member

As did I, do you mind shedding a little light? Not asking you to stir stuff up or whatever, but just what happened? Was it an issue and he fixed it, was it something you thought should of happened, or something you over reacted about?

A lot of people use Shep and obviously would like to know whats up.
Old Apr 11, 2012, 08:58 AM

This is a absolute first I have seen....

Then a deleted post? User error?
Old Apr 11, 2012, 09:30 AM
Evolved Member

No not a user error. Im not the one here to start any nonsense at all. Im a regular member of the community and I had to do what I had to do. Okay not recently I had gotten a rebuild on my tcase by sheptrans and the transfercase didnt whine at all. The binding noise was caused by the transmission differential inside the tranny. So I got that fixed I also sent the tcase out to be rebuild by shep since I thought that it was the problem.

The tcase never whined at all but I figured he might aswell since the cars getting worked on I can do two things and not have to look back later on. I changed all the fluids and replaced the transmission fluid with the fluid from the recommended fluids from mitsubishi at their corrected levels along with the tcase everything perfect. I drive it normal no launching no racing I drive no latter than 200 miles and the tcase starts whining really loud.

Spoke to shep they said they dont want anything to do with the situation as I tried to shed some light they said their hands are tied and I asked them what is the matter since I had the car in the shop for awhile making sure that they do the job properly so I told the credit card company what happened and got a chargeback and things are being investigated and im having my transfercase being reinspected by a real professional who is rebuilding it he told me that it wasn't rebuilt properly it was shimmed wrong and caused even more damage to the gears thanks to shep.

Im never sending my stuff there to get serviced again ever! You can if you want to and take the risk me on the other hand I rather not. They said they changed the ring and pinion all they did was shim it clean it and threw it back on there I remember they told me they did not have all the parts for it so they cleaned it up and threw it back on. Im not starting any beef or any kid immature stuff but I expected more on a more mature level.

I asked them about the warrantee on the tcase they said they cant talk until the matter is resolved with the credit-card company so im like okay no problem im going to leave that mark on them because they never did rebuild it. How can you say you repair or rebuild the tcase and its still whining if you want to see a video let me know I have my proof. Will only answer to pm's but other than that im done. I dont want to resolve anything with them im through thats it. I may be banned or have a bad comment or negative rating im only stating the facts never again I rather get it done locally.
Old Apr 11, 2012, 10:52 AM
Evolved Member

Thank you for shedding light on the situation.

So then this brings me to my next question:

If you are on a forum that is to be informative to other users, what made you post up, delete this thread? Did someone contact you to remove it?

I only ask because although I don't take sides in this matter at all, it seems that all to often there are instances like this, whether removal of a post, or a ban here or there, or fan boys jumping all over the place so that an issue is not resolved, Whether this is due to over reactions, misinformed posts, or something else for the matter.
Old Apr 11, 2012, 11:00 AM
Evolving Member

I'd like to know which shims are used in the transfer case.
Old Apr 11, 2012, 11:01 AM
EvoM Administrator

Received 39 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by impact blue
No not a user error. Im not the one here to start any nonsense at all. Im a regular member of the community and I had to do what I had to do. Okay not recently I had gotten a rebuild on my tcase by sheptrans and the transfercase didnt whine at all. The binding noise was caused by the transmission differential inside the tranny. So I got that fixed I also sent the tcase out to be rebuild by shep since I thought that it was the problem.

The tcase never whined at all but I figured he might aswell since the cars getting worked on I can do two things and not have to look back later on. I changed all the fluids and replaced the transmission fluid with the fluid from the recommended fluids from mitsubishi at their corrected levels along with the tcase everything perfect. I drive it normal no launching no racing I drive no latter than 200 miles and the tcase starts whining really loud.

Spoke to shep they said they dont want anything to do with the situation as I tried to shed some light they said their hands are tied and I asked them what is the matter since I had the car in the shop for awhile making sure that they do the job properly so I told the credit card company what happened and got a chargeback and things are being investigated and im having my transfercase being reinspected by a real professional who is rebuilding it he told me that it wasn't rebuilt properly it was shimmed wrong and caused even more damage to the gears thanks to shep.

Im never sending my stuff there to get serviced again ever! You can if you want to and take the risk me on the other hand I rather not. They said they changed the ring and pinion all they did was shim it clean it and threw it back on there I remember they told me they did not have all the parts for it so they cleaned it up and threw it back on. Im not starting any beef or any kid immature stuff but I expected more on a more mature level.

I asked them about the warrantee on the tcase they said they cant talk until the matter is resolved with the credit-card company so im like okay no problem im going to leave that mark on them because they never did rebuild it. How can you say you repair or rebuild the tcase and its still whining if you want to see a video let me know I have my proof. Will only answer to pm's but other than that im done. I dont want to resolve anything with them im through thats it. I may be banned or have a bad comment or negative rating im only stating the facts never again I rather get it done locally.
I would like to clarify that per the rules of vendor review (the section I am going to transfer this to), you are perfectly within your rights to voice your side of a bad transaction on our forum. All we ask is that you are prepared to provide proof if available, and refrain from bashing anyone. Your post is within those guidelines, and will not result in any type of infraction. We support our members and our vendors equally.
Old Apr 11, 2012, 12:01 PM
Evolved Member

^ Well said.
Old Apr 11, 2012, 01:02 PM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
this looks like a legit claim. maybe shep can shed light into this but looks like we are beyond that.
Old Apr 11, 2012, 01:26 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Id like to hear sheps side of this story
Old Apr 11, 2012, 01:39 PM
Evolved Member

Yeah, I would like him to chime in on this side as well. I don't think I've ever seen a post from him so not sure if he has an account. If someone could get him to shine light on what has happened on his end this would be great. I use his Transmission and TCase for the 6spd so definitely curious how this turns out.
Old Apr 11, 2012, 05:39 PM
Evolved Member

Transfercase rebuild by Sheptrans

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9Psl...eature=mh_lolz
Im posting this video of a sheptrans rebuild of my transfercase. I purchased their services recently and this is what i got back. Listen to it carefully from the wine of death. I will never buy from them again. What makes it so sad is that I never even had the wine int he first place I got the ring and pinion replaced by them and the internals inspected.

I was told everything was fine and that I should have no issues providing I use the correct fluids and I have. I used the diaqueen from the dealer drove it for no more than 200 miles and what I got was the whining noise. Im not the type to run my car into the ground and and I dont race. Im not here to start beef or any trouble I just rather show everyone my failure for dealing with them period I should have gone to someone locally. You can deal with them if you want but remember the risks of that.

I took my car to a different shop and they told me they shimmed it wrong and the stock parts where put back in and not even properly balanced because its chewing up the gears. I made sure that my fluids are all up to spec I put them in myself both in the motor and in the tranny and transfercase and rear differential. I spoke to them and they said they cant talk right now so I got a chargeback on my credit-card one good turn deserves another. So remember if you deal with them just look at my video as a reminder of getting it done locally.
Old Apr 11, 2012, 07:07 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Nsomniac
I would like to clarify that per the rules of vendor review (the section I am going to transfer this to), you are perfectly within your rights to voice your side of a bad transaction on our forum. All we ask is that you are prepared to provide proof if available, and refrain from bashing anyone. Your post is within those guidelines, and will not result in any type of infraction. We support our members and our vendors equally.
My video is my proof if you would like to see the reciept I can get that for you too and for the whole forum to see. Would you like to see it? I am not here to bash anyone or to make an asshat out of myself or anyone else on the board thats not my thing but when you pay a ****load of money and you ask questions and noone knows whats going on or there are irrationalities or things out of place I have a right to know furthermore why parts for my car were sent back to me making noises if it was done correctly from such a reccommended shop. No answer was given so I got a chargeback and it is being properly investigated.

Last edited by impact blue; Apr 11, 2012 at 07:11 PM.

Quick Reply: Sheptrans is not as good as they say they are