Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

CBRD Issues?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2014, 09:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
CBRD Issues?

I do not usually do this but I am not happy at all!!!!!!!! I have been hearing issues from other people also and seen other people complain about CBRD.

I sent in a CBRD BBK Full for a refresh. There was nothing wrong with it other than a little minor shaft play and I wanted it refreshed.

Turbo was shipped on 5-2-14. Turbo was signed for on 5-7-14.

Email from CBRD before turbo was sent out stating "It can take 2-4 weeks to return ship the turbo at this point-".

I have called there about 20 times with no answers. I did get ahold of someone twice. The first time, I do not know the date on this one but they said they would look into it and someone would get back to me. Nothing!!! The second time (7-21-14) I talked to someone and the said the would 100% get back to me by the end of the day. NOTHING!!!!

Email sent to them late last week. NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They have had my turbo for over 2 months, can't answer their phones and if they do they do not get back to you.

You would expect a little more from a company that has a good reputation.
Old Jul 23, 2014, 12:07 PM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Sorry Sir-

I am on vacation with limited email access- working on this for you-

we do work with Technical Partners on the turbos- and they had a summer break- and their own workload also- I do recall your turbo coming in with a batch of other used core issues and damaged 2nd owner purchase turbos-

We will get on top of it- again my apologies!

cb
Old Jul 24, 2014, 12:16 PM
Evolved Member

It is going to be 3 months soon since you have had my turbo?!?!?!

Your employees do not know how to do their jobs!!!

How is this right? I was told 2-4 weeks. I could maybe see a little longer because of an unforeseen issue but almost 3 months?

You would think that I would get a phone call telling me what was going on. Not this big run around...............................
Old Jul 24, 2014, 12:27 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I saw on CBRD facebook that he's on vacation. I'm sure he'll make it up to you.
Old Jul 25, 2014, 08:46 AM
Evolved Member

Quote from CBRD Facebook page:

Sorry for lack of posts guys! Chad is on vacation- and normally does the posts!!! Mind you the talented group is still working away at the shop- and things are cruising along like normal!!!

If this is normal, I feel sorry for anyone that does business with them. Talented group, HA. They don't even know how to dial a phone.

I just really wish more people would see this thread and see how people are treated.
Old Jul 28, 2014, 05:22 AM
Evolved Member

The start of another new week without a turbo................................
Old Jul 28, 2014, 07:40 AM
Account Disabled

I will be back in the office tomorrow- worked on this end of last week (while i had the ability to do so while being on vacation with the family)

I will follow up with you tomorrow- on the exact details of what is needed for the rebuild-

Again I apologize- I handle ALL of the sales/Tuning/Marketing-

cb
Old Jul 29, 2014, 12:35 PM
Account Disabled

sending you a PM-

analysis complete-

cb
Old Jul 30, 2014, 12:49 PM
Evolved Member

I send a turbo in with a little in and out shaft play. Turbo worked perfectly fine. No smoke, no noise and neither of the wheels contacted the housings. Turbo had 7 auto x passes on it. Almost 3 months later I get a message from CBRD that the JB CHRA is destroyed.

Thy apologize for the delay. Funny part is, they do not handle the turbo diagnosis. Blouch does. Why did this take so long!!! I was told 2-4 weeks. If I would have known my car was going to be down for 3 months waiting for a turbo, I would have bought a new one.

This is the WORST experience I have ever had with a "reputable" company.

And they tell me my option is the upgrade to a BB turbo just like I have heard every other person with a JB BBK that was sent in.

Nothing offered to me for taking almost 3 months with my turbo.

Anything to get your money!!!
Old Jul 31, 2014, 07:27 AM
Account Disabled

We apologized for the delay-

BUT in regard to the rebuild- when we are told the analysis is that it cant be rebuilt without converting to ball bearing- that is what we relay to you-

Blouch is our technical partners- they build the turbos for us- they analyze the turbos for us-

We are sorry there was a delay- that we take responsibility for- as there were HUGE batches of turbos being produced at the time- which then went into summer break times and holidays- however- the analysis is what it is-

Half of the reason we created the Ball Bearing upgrade- is so that if a Journal Bearing CHRA is damaged beyond rectification- we can atleast do something with the turbo-

CB
Old Jul 31, 2014, 01:32 PM
Evolved Member

Send my turbo back in the exact working condition it was in.

One of you employees must have mixed my turbo up with a junk one. There is no way that my turbo was "destroyed". They don't know how to pick up a phone and call someone back like they say so I could see them mixing something up.

I have NEVER had a problem with Forced Performance standing behind their products. I have had MANY FP turbos, many bought used and they still stood behind them. They also answer their phones, and call you back if need be.

At least there is a bunch of people seeing this thread and maybe it will help people decide no to do business with a company like this!

What a bunch of BS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Aug 1, 2014, 08:11 AM
Account Disabled

we will follow up per your request

we have never had a turbo get mixed up with another one- but I will make certain- that that did not happen per your accusation.

cb

Last edited by CBRD; Aug 1, 2014 at 08:14 AM.
Old Aug 1, 2014, 08:20 AM
Account Disabled

The turbo in question had a non CBRD upgraded actuator and coated turbine housing- verified it was yours-

I will post the pictures shortly

A turbo with "shaft" play doesnt mean "nothing is wrong" it means the bearings or other are damaged and the turbo is moving in the housing allowing wheels to contacting other surfaces- which the pictures show

cb
Old Aug 1, 2014, 08:31 AM
Account Disabled

movement allowed compressor wheel to shift and contact the housing- wheel needs to be replaced and cover machined

CB
Old Aug 1, 2014, 09:45 AM
Evolved Member

As for the 2 posts above, when you are in the situation, you would be pissed off also.

2-4 weeks means 2-4 weeks. NOT 3 MONTHS!!! No contact and then when I get ahold of them, lies that they will contact me back.

You people just don't get it. Customer service has horribly went downhill since I was younger. And now I will do everything in my power to steer people clear of this place.

And then they make a post on their FB page with a link to this thread. LMFAO!!!! Way to show everyone how good your customer service is. You may get the people that suck up to you. But, there is other people that read it and see the real problem. Thanks for helping my cause!!!

Last edited by ExtremeDSM; Aug 1, 2014 at 09:49 AM.

Quick Reply: CBRD Issues?