Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

Innovate MTX-D Ethanol Content Fuel Temp Gauge

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2016, 12:32 PM
Evolving Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Innovate MTX-D Ethanol Content Fuel Temp Gauge

So I will be switching over to E85 soon and was looking into ethanol content gauges and went with the Innovate MTX-D Ethanol Content gauge as it seemed to be the cheapest. Didn’t see too much information on the gauge so I decided to write about it.

The gauge displays ethanol content on the LCD from 0-100 and up to a tenth of a decimal. Around the LCD there are LEDs that are divided into three color sections (green, yellow, red) that tell you the temperature of the fuel with a range of -40f to 257f and you can set the range for each color. It also comes with an analog output for both content and temperature ranging from 0-5v. According to the manual it will give you an error code of E11 which is fuel contamination or over temp. I decided to see what would happen if I ran water through the sensor and it did show error code E11 on the gauge. It doesn’t go into detail of how much contamination has to be in the fuel before it shows the error. The other error code is E10 which is sensor not connected.

If you order the kit with the sensor it comes with GM senor PN: 13577429. Im not to fond of the sensor because it doesn’t have a good way to secure it down. Then you have the harness going from the sensor to the gauge which is about 8ft, a serial cable to program the gauge (analog output, temp range), silver/black bezel, and white/black face.

I am in the process of installing so this is all the information I can share.

Last edited by edsct9a; Mar 3, 2016 at 01:13 PM. Reason: Added Pictures
Old Feb 20, 2016, 12:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good preliminary write up. Keep us updated!
Old Mar 2, 2016, 08:48 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Could you get a measurement of the depth of the gauge?
Old Mar 2, 2016, 08:51 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Acuality
Ill get it tomorrow.
Old Mar 3, 2016, 01:14 PM
Evolving Member

Added pictures for you.
Old Mar 4, 2016, 06:51 AM

Thanks for going to the effort and doing that! I was trying to figure it out to determine if it was possible to fit in the gauge cluster where the lancer logo is, like has been done with some other gauges in the past.
Old Jun 22, 2016, 02:49 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Any updates on this?
Old Jun 22, 2016, 03:16 PM
kaj
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 813 Likes on 678 Posts
Thanks for going to the effort and doing that! I was trying to figure it out to determine if it was possible to fit in the gauge cluster where the lancer logo is, like has been done with some other gauges in the past.
I've done a few. Totally worth it, IMO, if you don't like gauges cluttering up your interior. A full-sized AEM wideband fits (though slightly off center), this should be no problem.
Old Jun 22, 2016, 07:04 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by mx4life85
Any updates on this?
I was just thinking about updating this a few days ago but haven't got to it. Anything specific you'd like to hear?
Old Jun 23, 2016, 07:17 AM

Originally Posted by kaj
I've done a few. Totally worth it, IMO, if you don't like gauges cluttering up your interior. A full-sized AEM wideband fits (though slightly off center), this should be no problem.
I'm nervous about it because I can't find it documented yet. But I want to do the innovate psb-1 wideband and boost in 1. It also has a shift light. I'm not sure the shift light would fit within the cluster. I am nervous because there is almost no support as to logging and using this wideband. Vs aem. Also the buttons to change settings are on the face, which would end up in the cluster.
http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/products/psb1.php
Old Jun 23, 2016, 08:03 AM
kaj
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 813 Likes on 678 Posts
I'm nervous about it because I can't find it documented yet. But I want to do the innovate psb-1 wideband and boost in 1. It also has a shift light. I'm not sure the shift light would fit within the cluster. I am nervous because there is almost no support as to logging and using this wideband. Vs aem. Also the buttons to change settings are on the face, which would end up in the cluster.
http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/products/psb1.php
Unless you are good at modifying electronics, that one definitely would not work LOL.
Old Jul 17, 2016, 06:56 PM
Evolving Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Can you use this kit as flex fuel?
Old Jul 17, 2016, 07:30 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by gqcode
Can you use this kit as flex fuel?
I believe so. I have a 9 and in the flex fuel thread I asked the question and was told yes since this does have a 5v output signal.
Old Jul 17, 2016, 07:43 PM
Evolving Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
This is great but 0 to 5 volt output connect to what pin on the ecu? Love the innovate product already have boost,afr. Any schematic, I've been looking and nothing so far.
Old Jul 17, 2016, 09:08 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by gqcode
This is great but 0 to 5 volt output connect to what pin on the ecu? Love the innovate product already have boost,afr. Any schematic, I've been looking and nothing so far.
I'm not sure for the 8 but for the 9 you can use pin 64. Look up the Ecu pin out and look for open pins that are loggable. I can't think of the correct terminology for it at the moment.

Quick Reply: Innovate MTX-D Ethanol Content Fuel Temp Gauge