Notices
Vishnu Performance - California [Visit Site]

XEDE Clicking when I floor the accelerator. What does it mean?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2004, 12:17 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
XEDE Clicking when I floor the accelerator. What does it mean?

Hi,
When I slam on the accellerator the xede relay clicks a few times. What does that mean?
It's very cold now in Denver it didnt' do it when it was warmer. It must be something with boost.
Old Nov 28, 2004, 05:47 PM
Evolving Member

Depending on when you bought your XEDE this may be normal, do a search for some recent threads on this topic.

It sounds like the phony boost solenoid on the XEDE harness. The stock boost signal is just playing with that solenoid so as not to trip a code or anything while the XEDE controls the boost. Early models of the XEDE clicked, more recent ones had epoxy filled in to eliminate the noise.

Sam
Old Dec 2, 2004, 09:39 AM

Amigoni: Mine doesn't click very often, but when it is first warming up, after idling or driving for a few minutes, I get about half a dozen quick clicks all at once, and then I almost never hear it again. Does your do that? I've only heard it clicking once when it was warm and I was getting on it hard, heading up an on-ramp. I never hear it any other time, wven when my boost gauge shows i'm boosting up to 20 psi.
Old Dec 2, 2004, 04:44 PM
Evolving Member

I uninstalled my XEDE cause it was giving me CEL and P0300 code. It's not properly tuned for my car. So I will hold out till Shiv comes out to properly tuned. Living in colorado and having a 3" exhaust with the stock cat, the base map that shiv makes for stage0+ must not really comply with my car now. When I had it on every time I flored the gas around 3500RPm right at max boost the XEDE would click like when you start the car. It only did this with cold weather too.