Notices
Vishnu Performance - California [Visit Site]

idle changed when installing cam gears !

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2005, 05:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Did you add the cat delete at the same time as the cam gears?
Old Dec 10, 2005, 07:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
no first it was the exhaust with cat delete then went for a test drive after the test drive i installed everthing xede camgears and fuel pump and the drivability is great i feel like a lost a little at the bottom end but midrange an highend rpm feels great!
Old Dec 11, 2005, 05:20 AM
Evolved Member

I would say with the cat gone, the sound would be different, so I am going to say this is normal. my 2c
Old Dec 12, 2005, 05:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
This is the closest thing to info I've found on what I'm looking for. Like this guy I've got adjustable cam gears on the stock cams (for now). They are set to -5,-5 like Vishnu sends and tunes for them. I've only got an Xflash not, the Exede.

Has anyone had any success with different settings on the stock cams? How did the tune deal with them?
Old Dec 12, 2005, 05:26 PM
Evolved Member

hotrod2448, if you get the gears from Vishnu, AND the flash, which corresponds to the cam-gear settings, I wouldn't mess with the gear settings. my 272's and 280's were set at -2/-2, and 0/0. Call them and ask them this question, they should help you answer the question. You can change the settings, BUT you will need to re-flash for the new settings.
Old Dec 12, 2005, 06:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
thats true just dont touch the settings also i havent called vishnu but i think its normal cause a friend of mine has an evo and its completly stock and when you look at the engine it has a slightly unusual movement you actually see the engine rocking but its very small i never noticed this when my car was new also my friend today hadent notice that before until today that i asked him to pop up his hood and he got a bit worried but i guess its normal when using 91 oct! but i will call vishnu on wed!!
Old Dec 22, 2005, 05:52 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My idle also became lumpy when I moved to the Vishnu adjustable cam gears, installed at Dyno4mance a year ago. That was with a ECU reflash and Shiv-tuned XEDE, and signature turboback rather than catback alone. I attributed it to the cam gears, but who knows. I've never seen it as an issue and it kind of amuses me. Bottom line, it's been wonderful and problem free.
Doug in Cincinnati