Notices
Vishnu Performance - California [Visit Site]

Am Unplugging Xede Tomorrow to Troubleshoot!!

Old Jan 22, 2006, 04:00 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by x838nwy
It's all them stickers doing it.
you may have a point, they could be ripping off, and I am just hearing the turbulent air flowing over the half-stuck stickers!
Old Jan 22, 2006, 04:01 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by gt420hp
5th and 3,000 rpm your probably doing about 70 mph or so. I had the same thing happen, stomp on it in 5th gear with it around 40 degrees and you get a hard, really hard shutter in the car and the check engine light pops on. Its from your mass air thinking too much air is coming in...plus you are putting strain on the turbo stomping on it in 5th. You need the ECU reflash to remove the factory mass air setting preventing overboost.

At least that is what it sounds like to me....
Its not a "stomp" per se, it is a gradual roll into the gas, in an attempt to push it to the floor, and speed up.
Old Jan 22, 2006, 06:35 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
usually misfiring at WOT is from bad coils, but i don't think you have that issue. My misfire started out in 5th gear around 3000 rpm. I would describe it as stumbling that would only go away if you either got on or off the gas. The stumbling then started happening in all gears b/w 2500-3000rpm. let me know if your problem is like that.

I had a lot of different things changed so i don't know what fixed it, but had a new tranny, turbo and a new BOV.

I don't know if you're still on the stock turbo, but check the turbo to see if the turbine is ok. meaning try to move it and see if it moves a lot. mine was moving about 1/8th of an inch which is more than enough for it to rub against the wall. then i also had a bad BOV.

Start with the BOV if you are on a stock BOV and then check the turbo. you don't need to tear it apart..just unplug the hose and see if u can move it.

also fyi - my car used to do this without xede or xedeflash. it was pretty much stock and i would hardly ever get the P0300 code.

hope this helps.
Old Jan 22, 2006, 06:55 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by gt420hp
5th and 3,000 rpm your probably doing about 70 mph or so. I had the same thing happen, stomp on it in 5th gear with it around 40 degrees and you get a hard, really hard shutter in the car and the check engine light pops on. Its from your mass air thinking too much air is coming in...plus you are putting strain on the turbo stomping on it in 5th. You need the ECU reflash to remove the factory mass air setting preventing overboost.

At least that is what it sounds like to me....
that is boost cut, he has an xede flash, so he can run as much boost as he wants without that happening.
Old Jan 22, 2006, 08:49 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Dude.... make sure everything on the Xede is grounded properly. I had your same symptoms and it turned out that the Xede ground wire was loose and not grounded correctly. After I tightened the ground, no more 3k rpm misfiring or WOT machine gun sound! Go check it mang...
Old Jan 22, 2006, 12:22 PM
Evolved Member

UPDATE:

I just put in new coils, problem is still there!! Happens always at 21psi of boost, and my AFR is at 11.5-12.3. I have an AEM UEGO gauge on my dash, so I can see it "real time"

I unplugged the XEDE, and ran on XEDE flash, and all the boost I get out of the XEDE flash is 13psi!! No machine gunning, but I cant get over 13 psi, in all gears, sneaking up on it, or "spirited" runs. I will change my Forge BOV with my stocker, to see if I am bleeding off somewhere with the FORGE BOV (red spring) have had this part for over 2 years.

Any other suggestions?
Oh yeah, I took the XEDE off, and the "knocking" sound is still in the glovebox, so its not the XEDE or the XEDE harness.
Will keep you posted.
Old Jan 22, 2006, 12:23 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by boostedwrx
Dude.... make sure everything on the Xede is grounded properly. I had your same symptoms and it turned out that the Xede ground wire was loose and not grounded correctly. After I tightened the ground, no more 3k rpm misfiring or WOT machine gun sound! Go check it mang...
I took the bottom bolt which holds the ECU in place, and bolted the "ground" eye bolt there. is that the correct spot? Thanks for the input.
Old Jan 22, 2006, 01:33 PM
Evolving Member

Hey Smoked,

I wanted to say thanks for the tip on your friend needing to get rid of his FMIC. I hope to get the car reflashed with the new intercooler, I will probably wait a few to get it retuned (more parts).

As for your car . . . . . . . super weird. (I was next to him for about 20 minutes and he was able to create the sound on command everytime) It's as if his car wants to fight the Taliban even when they aren't around (machine gun - if you didn't get it)

I am really curious to know why your car only gets 13 psi with the base Xede Flash. You haven't accidentally disconnected your boost controller (the stock one) during your spree of cutting the meth kit up? My car will boost that much with my boost controller turned off!!

Let me know how I can help

P.S. - how did the stock bov work?
Old Jan 22, 2006, 01:36 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by DrBump471
Hey Smoked,

I wanted to say thanks for the tip on your friend needing to get rid of his FMIC. I hope to get the car reflashed with the new intercooler, I will probably wait a few to get it retuned (more parts).

As for your car . . . . . . . super weird. (I was next to him for about 20 minutes and he was able to create the sound on command everytime) It's as if his car wants to fight the Taliban even when they aren't around (machine gun - if you didn't get it)

I am really curious to know why your car only gets 13 psi with the base Xede Flash. You haven't accidentally disconnected your boost controller (the stock one) during your spree of cutting the meth kit up? My car will boost that much with my boost controller turned off!!

Let me know how I can help

P.S. - how did the stock bov work?
Thanks Bumper, the wires I cut were Meth Kit specific. I am going out now to change the BOV back to stock. Will report in a few.
Old Jan 22, 2006, 02:14 PM
Evolved Member

Kevin, if you take out your xede and just run the flash, did you put the boost wire back in the ECU? if not, you are only gonna see 13-14psi which is wastegate pressure.

the problem is probably your tune. my car used to do that because of the map i was running. I have no idea what was wrong with the map, but i replaced it and put a map off of Dustin's car and the problem went away....i even replaced the numbers on his map with the exact numbers that were on my map and still no problem.

you want me to attach a map for you?
Old Jan 22, 2006, 02:31 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by gsujeff55
Kevin, if you take out your xede and just run the flash, did you put the boost wire back in the ECU? if not, you are only gonna see 13-14psi which is wastegate pressure.

the problem is probably your tune. my car used to do that because of the map i was running. I have no idea what was wrong with the map, but i replaced it and put a map off of Dustin's car and the problem went away....i even replaced the numbers on his map with the exact numbers that were on my map and still no problem.

you want me to attach a map for you?
Can you attach a map and a $50.00 bill? jk. I did NOT put the wire back in, that explains that. I just had it tuned by Andrew at Dyno4mance in July? I also had the problem when I was there, but he didn't run it to redline. Send the map if we have the same mods. I could try it I guess.
Old Jan 22, 2006, 02:34 PM
Evolved Member

yeah, you are gonna have to change the boost table.....and i would stomp it....just try to reciprocate what the car is doing currently.
Old Jan 22, 2006, 02:36 PM
Evolved Member

UPDATE:

I have more updates than Maury Povich......And the father of your baby is...........

I put the XEDE back on, put the stock BOV on, and same machine gunning. felt LESS prominent, but that is probably because I wanted it to be! I also by passed the HKS DLI II, and plugged the wires into my "new" coils, and the problem persisted.

How about "ballooning" of the IC hoses? I have 56K miles on the stock ones, had to change the one that bent around the battery before (internal crack). Could this cause the problem at 21-22 psi of boost? I think I need Samco hoses anyway. The plug wires are new, Magnacor, and the problem was there BEFORE these wires were installed.

Entertaining other ideas, Shiv said coils NO, Andrew thought plug wires, I don't think it is, who else has an idea?
Old Jan 22, 2006, 02:42 PM
Evolving Member

what about running just the Xede Flash with that wire plugged in for the wastegate?

Did you try that with the stock bov?
Old Jan 22, 2006, 02:43 PM
Evolved Member

map
Attached Files

Search this Thread