Vishnu Performance - California [Visit Site]

SoCal Vishnu Dyno Day @ Tuning Technologies May 12, 13 & 14

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2006, 11:02 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
SoCal Vishnu Dyno Day @ Tuning Technologies May 12, 13 & 14

Link is up. Pay Here: http://www.vishnutuning.com/dyno_day_tuningtech.htm

Date: May 12, 13, and 14 will be a different kind of dyno tuning experience. The pace will be very relaxed and there will be a variety of informal recreational events planned so that you can get to know Shiv, Alfred, and Chris.

Location: Tuning Technologies 472 Fogg Street, Colton CA 92324
Phone: (909) 783-1200 ask for Chris and Alfred (co-owners).

Details: The limited number of cars and the pace is what sets this event apart from any that came before. Custom dyno tuning will be limited to two cars on Friday, five cars on Saturday, and four cars on Sunday. On Friday night, we will be going to Adams Go-Karts, followed by a bragging session at Riverside Brewing Company. On Saturday, we will be shutting the shop down for an extended lunch break at Hooters. Saturday night? Suggestions welcome, but I'm thinking of Club 215 as one option . On Sunday, we are looking at meeting somewhere for breakfast before starting the tuning. This way, you can get to know Shiv and the guys without feeling like you're pestering them in the middle of tuning.

For those of you who need to buy and install mods before this day: Do it now! Order all of your Vishnu parts (exhausts/Xedes/cam gears/BOVs/etc...) and have them shipped to you. Once you have them in hand, contact Tuning Technologies for installation. Vishnu considers Tuning Technologies an official installation shop and trusts their workmanship.

If you just want to buy an "off the shelf reflash" without custom tuning, come by anytime and we will fit you in between custom dyno tunes. We will have to pull you into the dyno bay for ECU reflashing and you will have to pay a nominal shop fee to Tuning Technologies of $25.

Pricing: Shiv and the crew will set up a special page their website dedicated only to those signed up for the dyno day. Go here http://www.vishnutuning.com immediately to buy whatever parts and services you will be needing for the dyno day. Your purchase will guarantee your time slot. Call Vishnu at (925) 648-7863 with questions about $$.

Tuning Technologies pricing is as follows:
$110 for up to one hour and 15 minutes of dyno use. $55 per half hour thereafter
SMART sytems, Version 3 firmware updates, o2 sensor installs, and other services can all be accomodated by Tuning Technologies, but you must call them for an appointment the moment you have your parts in hand.

Vishnu pricing as follows:
First Time Customers
EVO VIII
XFlash: $395
XFlash + Custom Tuning: $495
Xede: $749
Xede + Custom Tuning:
· One Map: $849
· Two Maps: $949
Xede + SMART Upgrade: $995
· One Map: $1095
· Two Maps: $1195
Xedeflash: $100
EVO IX
XFlash + Custom Tuning: $750

Returning Customers
EVO VIII
Custom Dyno Tuning
Xede Custom Tuning
· One Map: $275
· Two Maps: $325
XFlash Custom Tuning: $300
EVO IX Custom Dyno Tuning
XFlash Custom Tuning: $200
Xflash update - no dyno tune - existing customer but has purchased new modifications from vendor other than Vishnu: $125
Xflash update - no dyno tune - existing customer all Vishnu parts/purchases. $0
Latest Xede Version 3 update - no dyno tuning: $25

Friday, May 12
2:00 luscious - Andy M. - '04 GSR, Xede with SMART, Buscher TBE, Ebay o2 housing, 10.5 hotside Walbro fuel pump. All I need is a tune on 91! - Paid
3:30 ChrisF - Paid
5:00 Available

--6:00pm - Adam's Go-Karts Smackdown

Saturday, May 13
8:30 Statix - Gabriel R. - 06RS, RSR t/b, 280 ex. cam, Manual Boost Controller. Custom Flash. Paid
10:30 BOOSTEZ - Marlin R. - 03' EVO 8 - Full TBE w/mid-pipe, 10.5 hotside, AMS Lower I/C pipe, MBC, and K&N dropin filter. XFlash with custom tune. Paid

Lunch/Break 12:30 - 2:30

1:30 ChrisF
2:30 Racer X - Evo 9 - Paid
4:30 2fourSlashing - Steve
6:30 d evo 1 - Doug '05 MR Paid

--9:00pm Drinking Night at Club 215

Sunday, May 14
8:30 Ranmonbu - Dave B. - 06 IX MR - Downpipe and Magnaflow-OBDII-CARB-HFC, Cams? Super-stealth-quiet TBE? I strive for zero attention, nothing to draw undue attention. ECU Reflash and dynotune. Paid
10:00 evo ippo - Lan N. - 2006 Evo MR full exhaust, intake. ECUtek Flash and custom tune - paid
11:30 Masterblaster - Greg B Stage 1++ with Xede two maps Paid
Ivan I-Paid for Xede Flash
Goku - Xedeflash - will pay at event
MissEvo8 - Xedeflash - will pay at event

Waiting List:Will be added in order of payment received.
1. 2forSlashing - Steve G. Evo 9 with exhaust. Ecutek with custom tuning.
2. oldmanevo
3. Brodienuchies

Last edited by Smogrunner; May 13, 2006 at 10:58 PM.
Old Mar 20, 2006, 11:03 AM
Evolved Member

Specific Dyno Day pointers:

1. Fuel: Show up with 91 octane Unocal 76 gas in your tank. Unless you are just getting a 91 octane tune, DON'T FILL YOUR TANK THe WEEK OF THE DYNO DAY. You want to show up on 91, but be almost completely out of gas. Bring a little 2 gallon jug of 91 with you and we can add it if necessary. Otherwise you will have to mix your race fuel with the 91 pisstane for your custom race tune, as it is a pain to drain gas from your fuel return line. Don't bother bringing race fuel with you unless you already have it. TT has 100, 109, 110 and C16 available at very low prices.

2. Oil: Don't show up with old oil in your motor. Also, make sure you are not OVERFILLED. Do not have oil above the higher notch on your dipstick.

3. Cam gear cover: Tuning Technologies always takes the plastic cover off to tap the tachometer signal with their cool new laser rpm reader. Take it off before your turn! You need a 10mm wrench.

4. Tires: Inspect all tires to make sure you don't have a nail in one. Make sure all tires are fully inflated.

5. BOV: if you have an aftermarket adjustable blow off valve, make sure it is on one of its tightest settings before the tune. Taking the time to adjust it on the dyno could end up costing you money. You can always adjust it softer after to tune without messing up your tune, but having it leak during tuning will ruin your custom tuning.

6. Spark plugs: Just make sure they aren't old or worn out. I'd put a fresh set in there if you are in doubt.

7. Air filter: Don't show up with a dirty, clogged up air filter. Pop a new one in there if needed.

8. Money: Shiv can only take cash the day of the event. Tuning Technologies can take cash or credit. Remember, even if you have already paid for your tuning in full, you will still be required to pay $110 for use of the dyno itself to the Tuning Technologies guys. Also, if your tuning session goes over an hour and 15 minutes you will be charged at the rate of $55 per half hour for additional dyno time.

9. Coolant: make sure you are properly filled and have no leaks. Leaking cars will be refused service.

10. Intercooler sprayer: make sure it is filled if you have one.

11. Boost leaks: Do a pressure check. This is an awesome opportunity to have a custom tune. don't skew the results by having any little leaks. remember boost leaks are often vaccum leaks. any leak after the maf is trouble.

12. Floor mats: put your drivers side floor mat in the trunk when you get to the dyno shop. the floor mat can slip and cause the throttle pedal to not reach 100%

13. Stereo & alarms: if you have anything from a custom system to the stock make sure it is off before your car goes on the rollers.

14. Wiring: if you have installed any electrical components on your car make sure they are done correctly. Solder not butt splice connectors. shrink wrap not electrical tape.

15. Cameras: feel free to bring a still or video camera.

16. Safety: DO NOT STAND BEHIND A CAR WHILE IT IS ON THE DYNO!!!!! if a car lost a wheel weight or debris you could be seriously injured. feel free watch from the sides or the front. DO NOT GET WITHIN 5 FEET OF THE DYNO ROLLERS. the rollers are spinning 85 to 120mph. if you step on one of them you will get thrown across the shop and will probably die.

17. Fun: have a good time. its nice to enjoy our cars and remember the blood, sweat, and tears we have invested in them.

Thanks,
Smoggy, Chris, and Alfred

Last edited by Smogrunner; Mar 20, 2006 at 11:50 AM.
Old Mar 21, 2006, 01:28 PM
Evolved Member

Everyone from the closed thread added. Information on how to secure your spot coming shortly.

Last edited by Smogrunner; Mar 21, 2006 at 01:36 PM.
Old Mar 21, 2006, 07:50 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I'm interested but I just want to get flashed without the custom tuning. Can I show up anytime and get flashed? So its 395 for just an xflash right? I was wondering if I had a front mount would it warrant getting a custom tuned flash rather then a base flash for an evo ix with a tbe.
Old Mar 22, 2006, 10:56 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Thanks for placing me in the line-up
Old Mar 25, 2006, 10:49 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey Smog, Can you put me down for Sun. 3:30 custom tune, Thanks....
Are there no more times availble? I have a friend that would like to get a custom tune also, let me know..
Old Mar 26, 2006, 10:20 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Smog, will Shiv be able to update my S.M.A.R.T. to the latest configuration ( I still have what Shiv originally gave me back on the 7-5-05 TT Dyno Day) on this Dyno Day. I would also like to get my map switching function operational again and am also interested in these functions https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...64&postcount=1.

Last edited by EvoTio; Mar 26, 2006 at 10:29 AM.
Old Mar 27, 2006, 07:27 PM
Evolving Member

Put me in on the waiting list. I have a Exde and would like shiv to retune my evo. I also need a 100 octane map. I will for sure want XEDEFlash ECU Re-flash .I would want to raise my rev limit and remove the speed cut thanks Ivan

Last edited by Ivan MR; Mar 27, 2006 at 07:40 PM.
Old Mar 28, 2006, 12:28 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I would like to be put on the waiting list as well, Thanks.
Old Mar 29, 2006, 05:38 PM

Smogrunner...Thanks for putting me down for Sunday the 14th @ 8:30am. Chris and Alfred at TT were great when they tuned my old 03 with cams, injectors, AFC, and Zeitronix. I now have a stock engined IX, and I'm looking forward to a Shiv tune. I hope the IX Xede is available in advance of the event...if not, I will get an Ecu re-flash. I now have about six weeks to decide what to do as far as power mods before Shiv tunes it. Can't wait!

Last edited by ranmonbu; Mar 29, 2006 at 07:30 PM.
Old Apr 3, 2006, 01:41 AM
Evolved Member

confiming that i am going to be there at my appointed time
Old Apr 3, 2006, 10:31 AM
Evolving Member

Please list the price of the IX flash.
Old Apr 3, 2006, 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by Smogrunner
Everyone from the closed thread added. Information on how to secure your spot coming shortly.
Is this still coming, or am i indeed confirmed for 1:00pm friday?
Old Apr 3, 2006, 10:35 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by luscious
Is this still coming, or am i indeed confirmed for 1:00pm friday?
Everyone will have to put a deposit down this month and then pay in full just before the dyno day. This is more a Vishnu business thing and Sean, Dustin, and Shiv will have to finalize pricing, deposits, etc.
Old Apr 3, 2006, 10:42 AM
Evolved Member

how much do we evo ix owner have to deposit to hold our appointments?

Quick Reply: SoCal Vishnu Dyno Day @ Tuning Technologies May 12, 13 & 14