Notices
Vishnu Performance - California [Visit Site]

My First Auto-x...

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2006, 10:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
I started autoXin this year. I've been to 3 events so far.

The closest SCCA/NASA auto X is pretty far. The organization I go to is called Trinity Touring Club. I've won my class once in the EVO and once in the S2000. My class only had 3-4 people each time. Mine times are usually above the average (in all classes), even driving the S2000, the first time I've ever aggressivelly driven a RWD.
There is this one guy with a asuton healy (I think) that sets the FTD everytime.

Also, my first time, I was in the Evo, a new Ford GT showed up. The guy did less the average (in all classes) and my time was a lot better.

Just though I'd share too.
Old Sep 15, 2006, 10:51 AM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
it really depends on your competition.

you could be first time doing it, and you could still win if your competition isn't as capable as you are.

Evo's are a great car, but if you were in the miata class, you'll come close to last.

Old Sep 15, 2006, 11:36 AM
Evolved Member

hey guys, I m new to the forums, but I am taking my new evo to the track for autox sunday !! the first event for the evo and my second overall. I practiced a little bit with the car on a parking lot last night at slow speeds just to get a better feel for the car. - I can not wait for sunday !!!!
Old Sep 15, 2006, 12:54 PM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Profoxcg
hey guys, I m new to the forums, but I am taking my new evo to the track for autox sunday !! the first event for the evo and my second overall. I practiced a little bit with the car on a parking lot last night at slow speeds just to get a better feel for the car. - I can not wait for sunday !!!!
Good luck! I'm sure you'll have fun. Just be warned, autocrossing can be as addictive as crystal meth - try it one time and you're hooked! Thats what happened to me

(autocross, not meth )

EVOlutionary
Old Oct 26, 2006, 09:34 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by dayf
You do realize that if you touch the settings on the car you're gonna jinx it, right?
Under steer is not a common thing for evos at least from evo5 and up, so your suspension wasn't dailed in right or you were going too fast for the angle you entered the turn or both.