Notices
Vishnu Performance - California [Visit Site]

Question about Vishnu ECU Reflash

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2006, 02:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question about Vishnu ECU Reflash

Right now I have an injen intake, injen upper intercooler pipe, injen lower intercooler pipe, greddy type s bov, and the vishnu signature series turbo back with cat. I was wondering since I live in virginia if I send my ECU to be reflashed and there is nobody here in virginia that could tune it, would be be ok to just plug it back in after the reflash or does it really need to be tuned? Also some people have been telling me since I am still running stock ecu that once I get a reflash I will see much better gains from my mods is this true? Thanks guys.
Old Apr 18, 2006, 03:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
an ecu that has been flashed is primarily meant to be just plugged right in BUT with that intake and vta bov, you might want to consider another path. this flash probably isn't for you since its not designed with those parts in mind. you should either

a) go back to a stock intake with a drop in and recirculating diverter valve, then get the flash or

b) go for the xede (either get it with smart or get an external air/fuel meter like a plx so you can datalog afr), download the appropriate map, datalog your afr, then make small adjustments to the fuel table until you get that afr smoothed out for the intake or

c) go for B and then dump the intake and not have to worry about tuning it yourself.

as for you question about gains with the xflash, this is from vishu's own site:
"Each remapped ECU carries over a decade of engine management mapping experience and is the result of extensive in-house dynamometer and road testing. XFlash offers a higher rev, boost and speed limits as well as carefully revised boost, and high and low octane fuel and spark advance tables. We also offer safe and effective calibrations for a variety of engine configurations and octane levels. All future re-mapping is free of charge if upgrading with Vishnu components. Expect gains of 25-45hp depending upon application."
Old Apr 19, 2006, 10:33 AM
Evolving Member

I was under the impression that having a BOV vent to atmosphere would cause a world of trouble for all the piggyback ECUs??
Old Apr 19, 2006, 12:49 PM
Evolved Member

you can use vtas with a vishnu flash, many are currently doing it; however it is highly recomended that you get a custom tune if you plan to keep these mods on the car.
Old Apr 19, 2006, 03:11 PM
Evolved Member

Usually the Greddy Type-S is run as a recirculating BOV. It is a direct replacement for the stock BOV. I used to have one and it works great with the stock turbo.

I agree on getting rid of the intake unless you can custom tune for it. However, you may want to call Vishnu and talk to them about it, or you could try to see if they can squeeze you into one of the upcoming dyno days (either turbo trix or dyno4mance).

l8r)