Notices
Vishnu Performance - California [Visit Site]

Shiv, can you do me a favor?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2006, 06:32 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Shiv, can you do me a favor?

Shiv, I was unable to see you at the most recent dyno day at Tuning Technologies because the parts for my 10.5 hotside swap did not arrive in time. Is it possible for you to please tweak my S.M.A.R.T. maps that you did for me in the past for my new mods? I am a basic Stage 1 and you did a 91 octane map for my Aquamist water injection and a 100 octane map with no water injection. My new mods are a 10.5 hotside, ported exhaust manifold, and a ported stock O2 housing. I am hoping to step up to Stage 1+ with some cams and see you for a custom tune sometime next year. I appreciate any help you can give me and please PM me for any costs or questions. I enclosed my maps as attachments. Thank you.
Attached Files
File Type: zip
91oct with WI-To Vishnu.zip (1.2 KB, 20 views)
Old Aug 7, 2006, 01:49 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by EvoTio
Shiv, I was unable to see you at the most recent dyno day at Tuning Technologies because the parts for my 10.5 hotside swap did not arrive in time. Is it possible for you to please tweak my S.M.A.R.T. maps that you did for me in the past for my new mods? I am a basic Stage 1 and you did a 91 octane map for my Aquamist water injection and a 100 octane map with no water injection. My new mods are a 10.5 hotside, ported exhaust manifold, and a ported stock O2 housing. I am hoping to step up to Stage 1+ with some cams and see you for a custom tune sometime next year. I appreciate any help you can give me and please PM me for any costs or questions. I enclosed my maps as attachments. Thank you.
Howdy,
If all you did was o2 housing, hotside and manifold changes, all you would really need to adjust your boost tables so you don't get overboost. The manifold will, all things equal, make your boost drop a bit. The o2 housing will make it go up a bit. As will the hotside. I'd have to make some pretty creative guesses for me to adjust the maps myself. You'd be far more sucessful at it than me since you have the car handy

Cheers,
shiv
Old Aug 8, 2006, 08:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thanks for the response Shiv. The boost seems to have stayed about the same way you originally set it. It spikes to about 24 PSI and tapers to 18 PSI. I was mainly asking because I've noticed that your website maps were more aggressive on the 05's compared to the 03-04's. I figured it was because of the bigger 10.5 housing. Thanks again. Joe.