Notices
Vishnu Performance - California [Visit Site]

vishnu ohlins on order, q's on wheel fitment

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2006, 11:22 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
vishnu ohlins on order, q's on wheel fitment

I got the vishnu spec ohlins on order and am excited. I wanted to switch out the wheels i have now for something different.

Does anyone know if the wedssport sa-70 17x9 with 35+ offset will fit the evo with the vishnu spec ohlins without issue, or will i have to do some modification. or should i look at a different wheel. also, was wanting to fit 255/40 17's with the wheels

any help would be great
thanks
Old Oct 15, 2006, 04:33 PM
Evolving Member

You may have to run a 5mm spacer depending on the length of the front springs. Nice choice on the coilovers! I want to send my ohlins in this winter to have them chronoized.
Old Oct 15, 2006, 06:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
you can fit 275's on a 9 inch wheel
Old Oct 15, 2006, 06:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
you can fit 275's on a 9 inch wheel and as sugestions for other wheels the wedssports are cool but i personally like the volks and they are lighter
Old Oct 15, 2006, 06:53 PM
Evolved Member

nice choice. Wait till you feel the ride quality of these things. The ride on the street is simply amazing. people always comment on how smooth the ride is. But once you get on the track, they behave like a full race suspension with no body roll and just the right level of stiffness that instills confidence and predictability.
Old Oct 15, 2006, 07:50 PM
Evolving Member

I'm really waiting to feel the ride quality of the ohlins. I want to get the weds cause they look good and are fairly light and inexpensive. I'm currently running on 18x8.5 ssr comps. Wanted to go back to 17 for better comfort and better brake away charactaristics. i like the volks but are just too much for what i plan on doing.

i think the max i'll run is 255/40 17 . When i go to the track i'll be running rcomp tires on a different rim.

hopefully my set will get shipped out this week or next. i'll let everyone know how good they are.

I'm soooo excited