Notices
Vishnu Performance - California [Visit Site]

XEDE Help

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2006, 06:00 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Evo23IG
Yup, if you get to NYC, I can help you out. Just let me know.
Thanks!!! Should be movin pretty soon. Where in NYC do you live. Where do you park your car..LOL..madness huh?
Old Oct 22, 2006, 06:02 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by brodienuchies
So I select the entire boost table? Then from the scale feature just up the boost like 5% at a time until I achieve the desired boost level? Thanks!!!
Yes you can do that.
Old Oct 22, 2006, 06:17 PM
Evolving Member

Thanks!!!
Old Oct 22, 2006, 06:34 PM
Evolved Member

You're welcome.

Have fun in the BIG APPLE.
Old Oct 22, 2006, 06:49 PM
Evolved Member

Thanks!!! Should be movin pretty soon. Where in NYC do you live. Where do you park your car..LOL..madness huh?
I live in Brooklyn and my car is parked in my driveway.
As far as increasing the boost table, just do it a few clicks a time. Raise two clicks and then do a test run. Repeat until the desired boost level is reached.
Old Oct 23, 2006, 02:10 PM
Evolving Member

Thanks Guys!!!
Old Oct 23, 2006, 02:11 PM
Evolving Member

I live in Brooklyn and my car is parked in my driveway.
As far as increasing the boost table, just do it a few clicks a time. Raise two clicks and then do a test run. Repeat until the desired boost level is reached.
Where in Brooklyn?
Old Oct 23, 2006, 02:11 PM
Evolved Member

You're welcome ... Glad to help.
Old Oct 24, 2006, 11:11 AM
Evolved Member

Received 13 Likes on 3 Posts
All XEDE Experts. I am currently running at 93 Oct SMART Map, which only boosts around 20psi (straight from Vishnutuning.com). What is the easiest way to raise to the boost to 22psi?

Also, does anyone know of any great resources for tuning with XEDE?

THANKS!!!!!
The maps from the web site run low boost for a reason. Shiv's website maps run real lean around 12.5:1 in 3rd gear pulls. To reduce the likelihood of knock Shiv lowers the boost and backs off the timing. If you want to up the boost on these maps, I advise you to make the fuel map richer by about 3%.

Tuning is interelated, you cannot simply up the boost w/o compensating for it by a richer AFR or less timing, unless you know for sure that you are not knocking.

I tried hard to make these of-the-shelf maps work on my car, but my car did not like them. I finally took my 91 octane custom map and modified it to fit the current 93-94 octane gas that I am using. The AFR is set @ 11.5:1 at peak boost, 11.3:1 in the mid range, and 11.2-11.0:1 in the top end. The timing has also been made slightly more aggressive due to the better octane gas.
Old Oct 24, 2006, 11:17 AM
Evolved Member

Another problem associated with running the boost to high on the Xede
is maxing out the BCS duty cycle beyond 100%.
Old Oct 24, 2006, 06:03 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by nj1266
The maps from the web site run low boost for a reason. Shiv's website maps run real lean around 12.5:1 in 3rd gear pulls. To reduce the likelihood of knock Shiv lowers the boost and backs off the timing. If you want to up the boost on these maps, I advise you to make the fuel map richer by about 3%.

Tuning is interelated, you cannot simply up the boost w/o compensating for it by a richer AFR or less timing, unless you know for sure that you are not knocking.

I tried hard to make these of-the-shelf maps work on my car, but my car did not like them. I finally took my 91 octane custom map and modified it to fit the current 93-94 octane gas that I am using. The AFR is set @ 11.5:1 at peak boost, 11.3:1 in the mid range, and 11.2-11.0:1 in the top end. The timing has also been made slightly more aggressive due to the better octane gas.
Increase the fuel using the same method how you raise the boost? My other question is, how do you tell from data logging if you need more or less timing or if you need to add fuel? Is there simple ways to customize maps without being a tuning pro?
Old Oct 25, 2006, 08:54 AM
Evolved Member

Received 13 Likes on 3 Posts
Increase the fuel using the same method how you raise the boost? My other question is, how do you tell from data logging if you need more or less timing or if you need to add fuel? Is there simple ways to customize maps without being a tuning pro?
I think you need to get the proper tools before you start tuning your car. Here is what you need:

1. A Wideband O2 sensor that can log either on its own or vis computer. I am partial to Innovate products simply because with Innovate you can recalibrate the O2 sensor and Innovate has great customer service. You can also get the ZT2 wideband which is also good, but it does not have the recalibrate capability. These units can also log boost, EGT, if you add more sensors to them.

2. You will need a Tactrix cable to log data from the ECU. The ECU provides valuable data including Knock Sum which will tell you if your car is pulling timing or not. You connect the tactrix cable to your lap top and use a program known as Evoscan to log. You can get it for $25. Or you can get the new Mitsulogger for free from www.aktivematrix.com

3. After you have these tool and you do A LOT of research to understand where your AFR and timing should be, then you can start tuning.

That is what I did before I even touched my custom xede map. Yeah, it costs money, but so does messing with your xede and blowing your engine w/o knowing what you are doing.
Old Oct 25, 2006, 09:03 AM
Evolved Member

Where in Brooklyn?
Bensonhurst right now, but moving to Manhattan Beach at the start of the month.
Old Oct 25, 2006, 02:25 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by nj1266
I think you need to get the proper tools before you start tuning your car. Here is what you need:

1. A Wideband O2 sensor that can log either on its own or vis computer. I am partial to Innovate products simply because with Innovate you can recalibrate the O2 sensor and Innovate has great customer service. You can also get the ZT2 wideband which is also good, but it does not have the recalibrate capability. These units can also log boost, EGT, if you add more sensors to them.

2. You will need a Tactrix cable to log data from the ECU. The ECU provides valuable data including Knock Sum which will tell you if your car is pulling timing or not. You connect the tactrix cable to your lap top and use a program known as Evoscan to log. You can get it for $25. Or you can get the new Mitsulogger for free from www.aktivematrix.com

3. After you have these tool and you do A LOT of research to understand where your AFR and timing should be, then you can start tuning.

That is what I did before I even touched my custom xede map. Yeah, it costs money, but so does messing with your xede and blowing your engine w/o knowing what you are doing.
Thanks for the great info. I really appreciate it!!! I will definately look into all this stuff. I might bug you later down the line for some pointers though!!!
Old Oct 25, 2006, 02:26 PM
Evolving Member

Bensonhurst right now, but moving to Manhattan Beach at the start of the month.
Nice!!