Notices
Vishnu Performance - California [Visit Site]

Brand new Evo IX SE-Vishnu v400?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2007, 09:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My question is what if i have a turbo back all ready and just want the tune... which one would i go for ? the flash?
Old Aug 7, 2007, 04:10 PM
Evolving Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
I was thinking of getting this StageI tune myself. Has anyone who's done it had any probs with warranty if they took it back to the dealership for some sort of repair?

I could take of the exhaust and cat and bolt the origs back on before I did, but I'm worried about the ECU, Solenoid, and down pipe.
Old Sep 19, 2007, 09:17 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Segfault
I was thinking of getting this StageI tune myself. Has anyone who's done it had any probs with warranty if they took it back to the dealership for some sort of repair?

I could take of the exhaust and cat and bolt the origs back on before I did, but I'm worried about the ECU, Solenoid, and down pipe.
Contact the service manager at the dealer you bought the car from and ask him what will & will not void the warranty. Every dealer is different. My local dealer (Fresno) said that he doesn't care if we do typical mods (intake/exhaust/tune) but if something goes out and I want it covered by Mitsubishi, they won't cover aftermarket parts (obviously) and will look to see if the failed part had failed due to anything else that was aftermarket installed (cause/effect). This makes sense to me, and I doubt an exhaust/tune/solenoid would harm anything that you needed to be covered under warranty. But again, check with the service manager where you bought the car (or where you'd have it serviced under warranty)...

I wanted to get a Buschur Stage I kit, but the more I think about eventual smog and having to put everything back to stock, and the way west coast law enforcement has been getting more aggressive about modded vehicles, I might just get a tune from Shiv and leave the car that way...
Old Sep 19, 2007, 09:20 AM
Evolved Member

personally just get a cheap TBE mbc intake and a tune. YOU WILL SEE WONDERS!
Old Sep 19, 2007, 11:13 AM
Evolved Member

I had the vishnu sig with test pipe loud as hell but nice deep growl!!!
Now I have the AMS with test pipe not as loud but still nice
Old Sep 20, 2007, 07:50 AM
Evolving Member

I would go through the car and replace the simple things before adding any mods. Hoses, clamps, vac lines, IC hoses and all the IC clamps. I have the Vishnu V550 kit plus some other things and the only complaint I have other than the turbo exploding after 1k miles is.. They upgrade everything to make the power but don't upgrade the things that have to old all the power. So unless you want to be parked at a gas station at 11:30 at night explaining to a guy in an M3 why you are putting a clamp back on and why there is antifreeze leaking everywhere and a wierd whooshing leak coming from your IC piping.
Old Sep 30, 2007, 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by Spookpur
Hey guys, newbie here from Wisconsin I just purchased a 06' IX SE, 5 miles on her. Love the car, best one I've driven so far. I had a question about the Vishnu v400 package for the IX's. Does anyone have it on their IX and if so, how do you like it...pros/cons? I'll be waiting until it has at least 1000 miles on it before doing anything with it but it seems like the Vishnu stage is the way to go. I can't seem to find any videos or sounds clips of the IX with that package. Vishnu's tech told me that the exhaust had a deep but not too loud sound. Any comments would be appreciated!!!
Ive been considering the v400 for my stock IX MR too...anybody have any sound clips or any footage at all? ive read the reviews and overall it sounds awesome and its the way to go but cant find any decent vids...just curious to hear the standard series exhaust for this package...

Last edited by Posey075; Sep 30, 2007 at 03:59 PM.
Old Sep 30, 2007, 05:04 PM
Evolving Member

Decided to go with AMS parts and a tune in August, thanks for chiming in guys