Notices
Vishnu Performance - California [Visit Site]

Getting Started with the XEDE: READ ME

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2003, 09:28 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by shiv@vishnu

It's easy to reinstall and remove the pill as many times as you want. Another option would be to replace the factory vacuum line (the one with the pill in it) with a regular vacuum line (without a pill, of course) and then swap back and forth as needed.

shiv
I like that option. Can you tell me the length & diameter of the vacuum line I would need?
Old Feb 16, 2005, 11:31 AM

Bumping an old thread but how exactly would I install another LED that I can mount in the cabin to show the exact same as the LED on the top of the XEDE unit? Mainly so I can see if is functioning properly before hammering on the pedal as I am using a different controller for boost.
Old Feb 16, 2005, 11:34 AM
Evolved Member

i have made 3. pretty easy, if you have the right parts. i can get detailed info up later tonight.
Old Feb 16, 2005, 05:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 109 Likes on 99 Posts
the pill slides in and out with ease. Im sure it takes 2 seconds to put it in cause the tip of the solinoid will shuv it in.
Old Feb 17, 2005, 07:46 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu
I don't think temp swings will be an issue since all the factory temp compensations are still in effect with the XEDE. Unless the factory messed up somewhere in the mapping of these compensations (which is very unlikely since a goof up here would result in emissions noncompliance), there is no cause for concern.

Cheers
shiv

Shiv,

How does the factory ECU account for temp changes? Does it measure intake air temp, and then do some sort of calculation to figure out what the oxygen per volume would be? Because that depends on air temp, humidity, and elevation right? What sensors does it use to do this?

Thanks
Old Feb 17, 2005, 08:06 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by RallyRedEVO
Shiv,

How does the factory ECU account for temp changes? Does it measure intake air temp, and then do some sort of calculation to figure out what the oxygen per volume would be? Because that depends on air temp, humidity, and elevation right? What sensors does it use to do this?

Thanks
Well in Closed loop: The ecu reads off the front 02 sensor. It trims the fuel for 14.7 to 1 A/F. This for better gas mileage a to keep the cat hot for better emissions.

When the car goes into Open loop TPS value over 40% or when the Maf see more air going into it. I open loop the MAF does all the fuel trimming and when tuning a car with Xede or flash. The MAF also reads tempter witch is then adjusted by the computers stock parameters. The MAF can also read how much Air is coming in to adjust of altitude and it seams to do it well.

IMHO
ERIC
Old Feb 17, 2005, 01:43 PM

Details would be great for the LED install. On another note for the switch do you simply use a generic 12v switch to install?
Old Feb 17, 2005, 01:48 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu
STEP 1 Make sure you have filled up with good fuel
Like all high performance turbo cars, the Lancer Evolution is very sensitive to fuel quality. If here is one area to save money, gas station selection isn¡¦t it! It is very important that you use only name brand gas stations and fill up with the highest octane they have available. In California and Arizona, where 91 octane is the highest grade fuel, it is especially important to be careful with brand selection. We have had the best luck with 76 brand fuels. Remember, we are trying to extract more power from you engine and the only way to do it safely is to rely on the knock-resistance provided by premium grade gasoline. For those who live in the other 48 states, please don¡¦t run anything less than 93 octane.
Don't forget about New Mexico. Our highest octane is 91 as well. I think Colorado is the same. I want 93
Old Feb 17, 2005, 05:01 PM
Evolving Member

Haha suckas! 93 at every pump, 5 gal drums of 110 for $28 10 minutes away, and $3.99/gal 110 at the pump 20 miles from my work.
Old Feb 17, 2005, 07:36 PM
Evolved Member

Not a Photographer.

PINS 11 & 12 ON THE BLACK HARNESS ARE FOR EXTERNAL LED
1) you'll need 2 wires w/sockets like these (i have several left from salvaged xede harnesses i have around)
2) using the smallest precision screwdriver you can find gently pry up on the rubber seal
3) pull the seal up enough to work in the plug
4) using the same precision screwdriver gently pry the wedgelock out (there are small notches)
5) remove wedgelock completely
Attached Thumbnails Getting Started with the XEDE:  READ ME-img_1135.jpg   Getting Started with the XEDE:  READ ME-img_1138.jpg  
Attached Images    

Last edited by asasin79; Feb 17, 2005 at 09:11 PM.
Old Feb 17, 2005, 07:37 PM
Evolved Member

6) view of plug w/wedgelock removed
7) feed the wires through the rubber seal
8) push the sockets in until you get a click (gently tug upwards to make sure they are locked in0
9) view from wedgelock side w/sockets in
10) slide seal and wedgelock back in

now for the easy part. go to radioshak and get a 2 way led with the proper holder. drill the proper sized hole for the led holder. run your wiring install your led. before soldering your run wire to the ones coming out of the xede twist them together to make sure the light is the same as the xede if it is opposite flip the wires and solder them. voila you're done. i installed mine in the pocket under the a/c controls in the lowest part all the way back on the passenger side. with just a tilt of the head you can see it. happy wiring.
Attached Thumbnails Getting Started with the XEDE:  READ ME-img_1143.jpg   Getting Started with the XEDE:  READ ME-img_1147.jpg  
Attached Images    

Last edited by asasin79; Feb 17, 2005 at 07:58 PM.
Old Feb 18, 2005, 04:55 AM
jfh
Evolved Member

Nice post asasin79. Thanks.
Old Feb 18, 2005, 07:39 AM
Evolved Member

np...hope it helps!
Old Feb 18, 2005, 08:06 AM
Evolving Member

Question Simple XEDE questions

I have a few simple question about the tables in XEDE such as:

Are positive numbers in the timing table adding advance or retard to ignition timing?

Is the water injection output simple on/off control or is it duty cycle controllable? If duty cycle controllable, what is the cycle time and can it be held constant with respect to rpm?

Thanks in advance for anybodies assistance in responding.

HiVoltEVO8
Old Feb 22, 2005, 11:07 AM

Thanks for the help-my harness looks a little different but when I get around to doing it I may ask a few more questions-thanks again.