Notices
Water / Methanol Injection / Nitrous Oxide

My Aquamist 2D/DDS3 installation pics

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2005, 02:53 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is there any reason why you don't use the tank outlet toward the back of the trunk?
When you acceleratem, water tends to be nearer the back wall of the tank.

Airmail posting normally take longer, I am glad you have received the seals so soon.

Richard
Old Dec 12, 2005, 04:48 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Richard L
Is there any reason why you don't use the tank outlet toward the back of the trunk?
When you acceleratem, water tends to be nearer the back wall of the tank.

Airmail posting normally take longer, I am glad you have received the seals so soon.

Richard
The tank has antislosh foam in it so either outlet would be alright.
Old Dec 12, 2005, 05:53 PM
Evolved Member

Richard, Manny, my colleague from work help me with the design and dimensional tolerence on the "mercedes emblem" mount and drawing it out on autocad for laser cutting. He is on EvoM and goes by SaiKou-Kun.
I was thinking of the pre-turbo injection....but the idea of mist hitting the Ti compressor blades @~150000rpm........

Abner,

I forgot, I like your axial jet mount. Did you make it yourself? If not pass on my praise please - good job.

Are you running pre-turbo?

Richard
Old Dec 12, 2005, 05:56 PM
Evolved Member

Hi gofaster87, very clean install Are you running 6mm line from the back all the way to the front? Also r u running just water or water/R-OH mix?
Originally Posted by gofaster87
I have the Aquamist 2d system and its piece of art. I dont have pics of the underhood install but this is what the rear looks like.

Old Dec 12, 2005, 05:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by SlowCar
Richard, Manny, my colleague from work help me with the design and dimensional tolerence on the "mercedes emblem" mount and drawing it out on autocad for laser cutting. He is on EvoM and goes by SaiKou-Kun.
I was thinking of the pre-turbo injection....but the idea of mist hitting the Ti compressor blades @~150000rpm........
Abner, the pre-compressor injection has me also intrigued. I'm wondering how much more effective it would make our Aquamist systems.
Old Dec 12, 2005, 06:01 PM
Evolved Member

Richard, how much more effective is (pre-turbo injection + regular injection) vs. regular injection?

Hi Joe, we'll know when Richard replys
Originally Posted by EvoTio
Abner, the pre-compressor injection has me also intrigued. I'm wondering how much more effective it would make our Aquamist systems.
Old Dec 12, 2005, 06:31 PM
Evolved Member

I think the charge-cooling effect would be lessened. There is a rapid evaporation when hitting the hot air of the compressed charge that would not be there. You would create steam running into ambiant air and compressing after.
Old Dec 13, 2005, 01:00 AM
Former Sponsor

Abner,

I haven't yet set up the data logging equipment on the pre-turbo injection but I have the following dyno plot when the PTI is switched on (darker traces), notice the change in afr - I don't know exactly what actually happened, but it has made a marked difference. It will be one of the winter projects.

I also have other plots done on the same engine such as port injection etc.

I can post them if you want me to.

Theris a long discussion on the merit of PTI on the following link:
http://www.aquamist.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=267

Richard

Originally Posted by SlowCar
Richard, how much more effective is (pre-turbo injection + regular injection) vs. regular injection?

Hi Joe, we'll know when Richard replys

Last edited by Richard L; Dec 13, 2005 at 04:28 PM.
Old Dec 13, 2005, 02:50 PM

Very Nice pics!
Old Dec 13, 2005, 05:12 PM
Evolved Member

Hi Richard, looks like the onset of PTI was ~4800rpm? What is the water to fuel ratio injected and is it water alone or water/MeOH mixture?
Abner,

I haven't yet set up the data logging equipment on the pre-turbo injection but I have the following dyno plot when the PTI is switched on (darker traces), notice the change in afr - I don't know exactly what actually happened, but it has made a marked difference. It will be one of the winter projects.

I also have other plots done on the same engine such as port injection etc.

I can post them if you want me to.

Theris a long discussion on the merit of PTI on the following link:
http://www.aquamist.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=267

Richard
Old Dec 13, 2005, 08:45 PM
Evolved Member

I think he was using a 50/50 mix. Richard, I would like to try the pre-compressor injection set up. Would you recommend a .3mm or .4mm nozzle before the compressor? All I would need purchase is a mount to attach the injection nozzle to the 16G.
Old Dec 14, 2005, 02:10 AM
Former Sponsor

The WI mixture was 50/50 methanol, there are no other modifications apart from running 0.3mm jet on each turbo. The dyno plot was done within 20 minutes of each other.

The 0.3mm jet has amiximum flow of 75ml/min, so at 80% FI duty cycle, it was only flowing 60cc/min or less (less manifold pressure).

I was surprised to see the leaning effect of the afr, without any changes. The injection rate was minute compared to the power output.

The jet mount wqs specially made for this project, we haven't a plan to marketing it as a saleable item.

What is the OD of the G16 turbo flange? next time we make a few, I include one for you. It will be after Christmas.

Richard

I think he was using a 50/50 mix. Richard, I would like to try the pre-compressor injection set up. Would you recommend a .3mm or .4mm nozzle before the compressor? All I would need purchase is a mount to attach the injection nozzle to the 16G.
Old Dec 14, 2005, 05:09 PM
Evolved Member

I need to get a hold of some measuring calipers to give you that answer. Anybody out there that may know the answer? Also Richard, does the water activation point need to be changed with the pre-compressor injection? Right now my water mix is activated at 13 PSI, that seems to be the optimum for my set-up at the moment.
Old Dec 14, 2005, 05:28 PM
Former Sponsor

I am new to pre-turbo injection so I am not sure the best activation point.
13psi seemd eo be a good point.

The skyline's activation point is set by HKS V-pro, 4500 rpm and at 1 bar - I think.

Richard

I need to get a hold of some measuring calipers to give you that answer. Anybody out there that may know the answer? Also Richard, does the water activation point need to be changed with the pre-compressor injection? Right now my water mix is activated at 13 PSI, that seems to be the optimum for my set-up at the moment.
Old Dec 16, 2005, 09:08 AM
Evolved Member

since you started this..

my install..
1stly gotta give due recognition to richard for his unwavering customer support..
my aquamist was installed 2 years ago.. and bad placement + hi heat caused a failure in parts of my system which richard fixed or sent parts or replaced them!

now i'm happy to say everything is working well n reliable again.. except for one more issue how to adjust the mf2

richard if you are reading this, a big THANK YOU as I track my car and use it as daily driver..

oh yes talk about best of both worlds..mind you i drive an evo!!

sti spec c tank in the boot (12L for 15 min laps 330cc/min 3 race before refill)
mount my pump, manifold and hsv in the intake box
lid closed, only telltale sign is a tube near the bend towards the tb
lastly dds3
Attached Thumbnails My Aquamist 2D/DDS3 installation pics-smalldsc00532.jpg   My Aquamist 2D/DDS3 installation pics-smalldsc00534.jpg   My Aquamist 2D/DDS3 installation pics-smalldsc00540.jpg   My Aquamist 2D/DDS3 installation pics-smalldsc00536.jpg  

Quick Reply: My Aquamist 2D/DDS3 installation pics