Notices
Water / Methanol Injection / Nitrous Oxide

Snow Performance Safe Injection Intergrated into SMC kit!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2007, 01:10 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Snow Performance Safe Injection Integrated into SMC kit!

After waiting over a year for SMC to come out with a new contoller with a built in safety I gave up putting my baby at risk w/o a failsafe. I bought the Snow Performance Safe Injection with upgraded Boost Controller solenoid and I am now using it successfully with the SMC kit. The problem that I encountered was that the safe injection is not designed for 100% duty cycle. It should only be armed when the pump is spraying. Simple Right? Just wire it into the trigger for the pump? Wrong! The SMC kit uses a progressive ground for the pump trigger and the Snow kit uses a 12V tigger. To get around this I bought a Hobbs Switch (pressure switch) http://www.alliedelec.com/Search/Pro...B6A1802726617F. This activates the ciruit at 15 PSI. It is adjustable from 14-21PSI. The correct switch is the normally open one in the link. This works because it arms the safe injection after the pump is already spraying and before dangerous boost levels. In addition to the Safe Injection, you will need a 3/8 (I believe) AN fitting to adapt the braided line from the pump into the Safe Injection Box. You will also need a few feet of the plastic hose that SNOW uses. You will use this to replace your SS line to the nozzle. At the nozzle you will need a push in fitting that you can buy from SNOW. You can adapt this to the SMC nozzle assembly with a coupler from any harware store. I am not going to go into the exact instruction for the Safe Injection. It is all included in the package. Bottomline is that is works. Can be used with a MBC or a bleed type boost solenoid. I do not see why it would not also work with an external gate. There is a bit more to the install when it comes to the solenoid and such but all that is in the directions.Hope this help anyone in the same situation. Big thanks to Dan at Ultimate Collision for getting all the Snow parts that I needed in a timely fashion.

P.S. That ghetto mounted relay was only for testing! Not needed in the end.

Last edited by EvoTech; Aug 28, 2010 at 09:51 AM.
Old Jan 24, 2007, 01:28 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
I have mine setup almost the same way, but of course, we bought the parts at the same time.. BTW do you have a set of fittings set aside for me?
Old Jan 24, 2007, 01:30 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MalibuJack
I have mine setup almost the same way, but of course, we bought the parts at the same time.. BTW do you have a set of fittings set aside for me?
Yep. Next time I see you I will give them to you. I also have the hose, push in connector and AN fitting.
Old Jan 24, 2007, 06:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
All in the engine bay! Extra work but it pays off.

Does Allied take paypal? I need one of those switches. The one I currently use takes too long to reopen

Last edited by C6C6CH3vo; Jan 24, 2007 at 06:41 PM.
Old Jan 24, 2007, 07:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by C6C6CH3vo
All in the engine bay! Extra work but it pays off.

Does Allied take paypal? I need one of those switches. The one I currently use takes too long to reopen
i got a new one. PM me
Old Jan 25, 2007, 09:00 AM
Account Disabled

Great work Ed, glad it all worked out for you...
Old Jan 25, 2007, 07:11 PM
Evolved Member

is it safe to use pure methanol with those plastic hoses that are needed for the snow kit or do you have to dillute your mix with water?
Old Jan 25, 2007, 07:13 PM
Account Disabled

snows kit can run 100% meth, its just there is no need to run that high, no need for that corrosion...
Old Jan 25, 2007, 07:23 PM
Evolved Member

i don't have a snow kit. i have an smc running m1. just looking for failsafe options
Old Feb 9, 2007, 07:06 PM
Evolved Member

UPDATE. After I few weeks of testing. I can honestly say that the system works flawlwsly. I feel so much safer now. Thanks again to Dan at UCC for getting me the parts to make this all happen.
Old Feb 9, 2007, 07:38 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by EvoTech
UPDATE. After I few weeks of testing. I can honestly say that the system works flawlwsly. I feel so much safer now. Thanks again to Dan at UCC for getting me the parts to make this all happen.
Glad it all worked out for you Ed, love the integration...
Old Feb 9, 2007, 07:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
I gotta place my order for the SI kit w/ Wastegate solenoid ...just had a reality check all this time i could have up'd my tune a lil' more...such an easy no brainer install too.

Looks like i'll be contacting Dan again with his lovely shipping
Old Feb 9, 2007, 07:58 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Evoryder
I gotta place my order for the SI kit w/ Wastegate solenoid ...just had a reality check all this time i could have up'd my tune a lil' more...such an easy no brainer install too.

Looks like i'll be contacting Dan again with his lovely shipping
Just let me know, I will be an official vendor hopefully before the weekends out...my office manager was supposed to finish the paper work up for me today...
Old Feb 9, 2007, 07:59 PM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
I was gonna comment on the slopply installation till i re-read lol
Old Feb 9, 2007, 08:04 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Evotech,

Congrats on your new failsafe. You did an excellent job posting this specific setup. Ironically I have been PMing people about this component. I was aware of this snow fail safe component and I almost incorporated into my system(SMC as well).

I am happy that you wrote this post, I have been also waiting and waiting. This looks like an feasible and affordable alternative for those like us running the SMC.

Carlos

Quick Reply: Snow Performance Safe Injection Intergrated into SMC kit!