Notices
Water / Methanol Injection / Nitrous Oxide

Snow Performance NOW with Lifetime Warranty!!!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2008, 10:44 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SnowTech
No prob.

Like I had said, Snow Performance never recommends that 100% methanol be used. If we cover pump failures due to using 100% methanol, it implies that we recommend or suggest 100% methanol be use, which again, we do not.

Keep in mind that the inspection must show specifically that a failure was due to using an unapproved fluid. Keep in mind it isn't always easy to determine exactly what fluid is used. Also, since we introduced our new pump the level of failures has gone way down so the likelihood of failure is very low.

You guys picking up what I'm throwing down?
With that being said, I wonder if I bought my kit too soon ...

I already had your kit for over 4 months and your safe injection for over 2 months now that I bought from Ultimate CC. I wonder if I should have waited if you guys now made an improved version. So basically my kit isn't covered under any manufacture warranty now then.... Right?
Old Jan 21, 2008, 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by LilRico
With that being said, I wonder if I bought my kit too soon ...

I already had your kit for over 4 months and your safe injection for over 2 months now that I bought from Ultimate CC. I wonder if I should have waited if you guys now made an improved version. So basically my kit isn't covered under any manufacture warranty now then.... Right?
All of the old kits/components are still covered under their standard one year warranty. Those kits/components are also covered under a Lifetime Warranty if Boost Juice is the exclusively used injection fluid.
Old Jan 21, 2008, 11:35 AM
Evolved Member

All of the old kits/components are still covered under their standard one year warranty. Those kits/components are also covered under a Lifetime Warranty if Boost Juice is the exclusively used injection fluid.
Is there any exchange service for one of the NEWWWWW pumps
Old Jan 21, 2008, 12:58 PM

Is there any exchange service for one of the NEWWWWW pumps
Shoot me a PM.
Old Jan 21, 2008, 02:32 PM
Evolving Member

Whats the difference between the old and new pumps?
Old Jan 21, 2008, 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by steadly2004
Whats the difference between the old and new pumps?
The old "150 psi" pump had Viton seals and had a maximum pressure of 150 psi. The new "150+ psi" pump has EPDM seals which are more resilient and methanol resistant . It comes factory set at 150 psi of outlet pressure but is adjustable beyond that.

Keep in mind that outlet pressure is determined by nozzle size. The "150 psi" name is an item description.
Old Jan 21, 2008, 04:36 PM
Evolving Member

Is this a new, or old one?
Old Jan 21, 2008, 04:39 PM
Evolved Member

The old "150 psi" pump had Viton seals and had a maximum pressure of 150 psi. The new "150+ psi" pump has EPDM seals which are more resilient and methanol resistant . It comes factory set at 150 psi of outlet pressure but is adjustable beyond that.

Keep in mind that outlet pressure is determined by nozzle size. The "150 psi" name is an item description.
afaik, shurflo never intended for their pumps to operate over 150psig...why would you want to mess around with the on-demand switch and risk leaking...especially with methanols extremely low viscosity/surface tension?

the shurflos pump more than 1 single nozzle will flow...smaller nozzle = pulse more, big nozzle = pulse less...
Old Jan 21, 2008, 04:44 PM
Evolved Member

when installing a pump, its a good to mount it in such a way that if there is a leak, either from the pump head or fittings, the injectants dont flow into the motor cavity

turn the pump on the side or upside down
Old Jan 22, 2008, 11:35 AM

New.
Old Jan 22, 2008, 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by SlowCar
afaik, shurflo never intended for their pumps to operate over 150psig...why would you want to mess around with the on-demand switch and risk leaking...especially with methanols extremely low viscosity/surface tension?

the shurflos pump more than 1 single nozzle will flow...smaller nozzle = pulse more, big nozzle = pulse less...
Do me a favor and answer the rest of the Snow Performance tech questions as you apparently know more about our systems than I do... and I'm only the head tech.

Any pulsing can easily be adjusted out of the system. Adjusting the cut off switch doesn't create any leaks.

In the interests of keeping this on-topic, please PM myself or Dan@Ultimate for any further tech questions.
Old Jan 22, 2008, 11:50 AM
Evolving Member

Hmm, I may be thinking twice about getting the FJO kit..
Old Jan 22, 2008, 12:01 PM
Evolved Member

SnowTech, I spoke with Dan yesterday and he helped me out and informed me that I do have the right safe injection, so that's great news! I also have the waste gate solenoid, and the level indicator, but now I'm missing the Digital Injection Gauge, any word when this will be available and for how much. I really would like to have a visual how well the flow is in my system and have the completed full kit. Thanks

And SnowTech, it's nice to have a voice from "Snow" on these forums!!! You're answering a lot of the technical questions with the RIGHT answers

Don't worry Dan, you're still the man and thanks for all your help
Old Jan 22, 2008, 12:31 PM
Evolving Member

SnowTech,

Are you Nate???

Jerry
Old Jan 22, 2008, 12:41 PM

And SnowTech, it's nice to have a voice from "Snow" on these forums!!! You're answering a lot of the technical questions with the RIGHT answers

Don't worry Dan, you're still the man and thanks for all your help
Well technically Dan@Ultimate is the registered vendor on here so I shouldn't really be providing too much info as it can be viewed as Snow Performance soliciting sales. Either of us can always be contacted via PM at any time however I'm usually only on here once a week. You could also email me at tech@snowperformance.net.

If anyone has any questions please feel free to contact Snow Performance directly. Stay away from the know-it-all cyber tuners on here that think they know our products. Get your info straight from the source.