Notices
Water / Methanol Injection / Nitrous Oxide

Boost & Timing on a 9 with 91 & 100% Meth

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2009, 03:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My car is now running a tad leaner and on 50/50 meth/water....pulls hard....now I just want a stronger turbo ...
Old Aug 2, 2009, 04:56 PM
Evolved Member

Yea I would definitely recommend going the meth route, it helps out greatly for me being here in Jamaica limited to 90 oct. Currently I'm running the AEM meth kit with the big jet, (I used to run 50/50, 75/25, and now I'm trying 100% meth) afr's are 11.6-.8 from peak to end, AEM tru-boost EBC set at 29psi tapering to about 21-22psi...377hp and 390tq
The only thing I would recommend is a great failsafe...or maybe get the mapswitching harness from JT if you're running the Tephra patch, it makes life much easier switching between pump and meth maps.
Old Aug 2, 2009, 07:10 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
well here is my take...

raas - Trinidad here, i think we share the same sh*t gas lol...

i have tephra's mod for a DD map and aggressive map. my DD map is 12 psi strong lol - keeps me happy for the week and keeps the gas bill down. the other map is when i want to race and MAX my car out (NOTE: no head studs and stock bottom end right now).

i would like maximise my boost and spike to 28 or so and down to 21 with meth/water and make some real power lol.

i am thinking the AEM kit does it come with a failsafe?

MOds are:

3" TBE (stock O2 housing & no CAT)
3 port boost solenoid
LICP
Perrin UICP
Speed density - will be done this week!

thats it...

any ideas cj? raas?
Old Aug 2, 2009, 08:43 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by rolly1818
well here is my take...

i have tephra's mod for a DD map and aggressive map. my DD map is 12 psi strong lol - keeps me happy for the week and keeps the gas bill down. the other map is when i want to race and MAX my car out (NOTE: no head studs and stock bottom end right now).

i would like maximise my boost and spike to 28 or so and down to 21 with meth/water and make some real power lol.

MOds are:

3" TBE (stock O2 housing & no CAT)
3 port boost solenoid
LICP
Perrin UICP
Speed density - will be done this week!

thats it...

any ideas cj? raas?
Well I run the Zeitronix WB and failsafe....But the new Tephra ROMs that allow you to kill boost if knock is detected are even better (and cheaper) IMHO....

As far as Meth Injection, I feel the BEST kit is Aquamist. That said, I have an SMC and have had no issues yet...
Old Aug 2, 2009, 08:54 PM

As far as Meth Injection, I feel the BEST kit is Aquamist. That said, I have an SMC and have had no issues yet...
lol that kit is about 1500 USD dollars here in Trinidad. the AEM is $500, thats y i am asking!
Old Aug 3, 2009, 06:18 AM
Evolved Member

lol that kit is about 1500 USD dollars here in Trinidad. the AEM is $500, thats y i am asking!
Understood....Just make sure you run a failsafe (knock and AFR) and you'll be fine...
Old Aug 3, 2009, 06:48 AM
Evolved Member

well here is my take...

Yea I know what you mean about the gas, it sucks.
The AEM kit doesn't come with any of the real good failsafes like some of the other more popular kits, you have to buy them as options...but the mapswitch harness comes in real handy in these instances. The AEM progressive controller has a few built in error protection features that when coupled with the harness provides some safety. It has stuff like low level fluid, short circuit protection etc. and if any one of these errors are triggered the ecu automatically switches over to the "pump gas" map or DD map.
I've had the AEM kit on my car for a little under a year and am very satisfied with it, however if you plan on using meth as a fuel substitute to make huge power then I would recommend something other than the AEM kit, it's only capable of running a single nozzle and it's a max of 550cc's
Hope this helped you in your decision...
Old Aug 3, 2009, 07:02 AM

Yea I know what you mean about the gas, it sucks.
The AEM kit doesn't come with any of the real good failsafes like some of the other more popular kits, you have to buy them as options...but the mapswitch harness comes in real handy in these instances. The AEM progressive controller has a few built in error protection features that when coupled with the harness provides some safety. It has stuff like low level fluid, short circuit protection etc. and if any one of these errors are triggered the ecu automatically switches over to the "pump gas" map or DD map.
I've had the AEM kit on my car for a little under a year and am very satisfied with it, however if you plan on using meth as a fuel substitute to make huge power then I would recommend something other than the AEM kit, it's only capable of running a single nozzle and it's a max of 550cc's
Hope this helped you in your decision...
thanks, will be on 550s. i plan to use it from when boost crosses 15 psi, can that be done?

this is will only really be used on weekends, etc.
Old Aug 3, 2009, 05:57 PM
Evolved Member

no the engagement point can only be set at a high of 11psi...unfortunately
Old Aug 3, 2009, 09:02 PM
Evolved Member

The SMC kit can be set at 15 and come on full at something higher (eg. 22)...
Old Aug 4, 2009, 06:49 AM

no the engagement point can only be set at a high of 11psi...unfortunately
oh *****! lol

i dont want/need wmi for my DD map @ 12psi
Old Aug 4, 2009, 10:42 PM
Evolved Member

well thats where the mapswitch comes into play...your 12psi dd would be your pump gas map which would mean low boost and no meth...then when you go to your alternate map you go with higher timing, boost, and meth.
Old Aug 5, 2009, 07:31 AM

well thats where the mapswitch comes into play...your 12psi dd would be your pump gas map which would mean low boost and no meth...then when you go to your alternate map you go with higher timing, boost, and meth.
u said meth comes on at 12psi my DD map is for12/13psi..
Old Aug 5, 2009, 01:56 PM
Evolved Member

The meth system is switch activated, so whenever you want to run your dd map you flick the switch off which essentially turns off the meth and reverts to your dd map (lower timing, lower boost (12psi) etc.) so it doesn't matter if your dd is 12psi or higher, once the switch is off the meth never comes on.
Old Aug 5, 2009, 02:18 PM
Evolved Member

i cant wait till the x guys are this advanced.

Quick Reply: Boost & Timing on a 9 with 91 & 100% Meth