Old Aug 25, 2010, 08:32 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why does everyone think e85 is in every pump in the US
Old Aug 25, 2010, 08:53 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 2003lancerevo8
why in the world with E85 being available would you want to run meth or even water?

Its been proven to be the cause of most engine failures out there from the major tuners.

Spend the money on injectors, pumps and whatever else you need and start running E85. You will gain more power and its safer.

The biggest problem is that typically one cylinder will mostly get more or less than the others and eventually pop goes the weasel.

I think most on here would HIGHLY recommend E85 or other modifications.

I have to think you can gain the same power safely as you can by installing meth. Its just not a smart move.

Trust me, this is coming from someone who ran 100% pure meth. Depending how much and how long you are in boost will determine how long the tank will last.

If your going on a longer drive, you constanly have to make sure you have a container of meth in your backseat to make sure that you dont run out. Its a pain in the butt to be honest with you.

If you must run it, run washer solvent, its the easiest to get, you never have to worry about running out, its all over the place.

TO AGMIST:

Dude, if you talk to the most highly rated tuners across the country, there is not one that recommends installing meth.
those blinkers belong to a horse. please take them back
Old Aug 25, 2010, 02:01 PM
Evolved Member

let me rephrase the first line

IF E85 is available to you, why in the world would you want to run meth.

You really trying to tell me that running meth is safe for your motor?

why don't you research how many blown motors on this site because of meth...

do you think its because the nozzle location?

The tune?

No fail safes.....

you or no one else will be able to convince me that its safe on a motor. if it was, companies like, AMS, BUSCHUR, AWD would be pushing and recommending it to their customers.

I ran it for 2 years, luckily with no major problems however on the 3rd year it went boom!

I will never ever run it again..... nor do I think anyone who has blown a motor because of it will either.

I would rather make less power safely than run meth on my car ever again.
Old Aug 26, 2010, 01:22 AM
Former Sponsor

The tune?

No fail safes.....

you or no one else will be able to convince me that its safe on a motor. if it was, companies like, AMS, BUSCHUR, AWD would be pushing and recommending it to their customers.

I ran it for 2 years, luckily with no major problems however on the 3rd year it went boom!

I will never ever run it again..... nor do I think anyone who has blown a motor because of it will either.

What kit do you run and did it have a failsafe?

I believe Buschur and AMS has supplied WI kits in the past. Buschur installs and recommends the SMC (now moved on), At one time some suggested aquamist to them but they delined due to complexity and cost.

ASM has tinkered on their own kit, again no failsafe. They have used and installed aquamist before but against due to complexity and cost, they prefered other kit with less features and failsafe.

I can see the problem with this industry, cost is the bottom line, quality and functionity is way down the list of preferences. I believe this is one of the main cause of people's view on a wmi system.

Slogen such as "Same power" at lesser cost. Most user has no idea what they are buying into until the engine goes bang. This is what makes the bad press. The cost of a true failsafe (direct flow read) is in the region between $100-200. The cost of a rebuild is several fold higher.

I am sorry that you are one amongst many that has turned your back on WMI due to bad experience. Unfortunately, we are in amongst that category despite the time and effort we spent on our own over the years. What can we do to address this?

Last edited by Richard L; Aug 26, 2010 at 04:17 AM.
Old Oct 24, 2010, 01:37 AM

why in the world with E85 being available would you want to run meth or even water?

Its been proven to be the cause of most engine failures out there from the major tuners.

Spend the money on injectors, pumps and whatever else you need and start running E85. You will gain more power and its safer.

The biggest problem is that typically one cylinder will mostly get more or less than the others and eventually pop goes the weasel.

I think most on here would HIGHLY recommend E85 or other modifications.

I have to think you can gain the same power safely as you can by installing meth. Its just not a smart move.

Trust me, this is coming from someone who ran 100% pure meth. Depending how much and how long you are in boost will determine how long the tank will last.

If your going on a longer drive, you constanly have to make sure you have a container of meth in your backseat to make sure that you dont run out. Its a pain in the butt to be honest with you.

If you must run it, run washer solvent, its the easiest to get, you never have to worry about running out, its all over the place.

TO AGMIST:

Dude, if you talk to the most highly rated tuners across the country, there is not one that recommends installing meth.
meth is not the problem, it's in the application of it. I would use e85 if it were more abundant. Theres only one shop near, and its 40 min away.
Old Oct 24, 2010, 07:53 AM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

The tune?

No fail safes.....

I have run meth for longer than that and had no issues. Do you think that when you push your motor and tune that it will not blow in time? Motors blow on all types of fuels. On E85 they tend to spin bearings from my expericence. E85 is the new fad. I am actually going to search and see how many people have blown motors and by what. I bet that you have not done as much before acusing.

I do not fill up my tank now but every 2wks, it that. I put a few hundred miles on my car every week and always get on it. I also have a map switch so I can run either my pump gas map or my meth map at any time. I do not have to drain my tank or hope that there is a station close.

Again, What failsafe/kit did you have. When did your motor blow?

Most people on here talking bad about meth can not seem to give any data. They just spit back out what they have heard online....

Last edited by mt057; Oct 24, 2010 at 08:00 AM.
Old Oct 24, 2010, 09:19 AM
Evolved Member

Ok so from looking around a little on this forum I can find...

7 motors blown on meth + pump
27 motors blown on pump only
1 motor blown nos
3 motors blown E85
8 motors blown while saying look at mod list. They do not currently run meth and make no mention of it or any other fuel.

I found it by searching threads under the title "blown motor" and looking through the thread "Various data on my blown engines". I will continue searching, but from this patern someone should warn the community.. "Dont run pump gas it will blow you motor!"...

The large majority of motors blown on pump only blew cyl #1 and cyl #4.
Old Oct 24, 2010, 07:00 PM
Evolved Member

ignorance is bliss....

The tune?

No fail safes.....

Old Nov 11, 2010, 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by kevinf_69
Why does everyone think e85 is in every pump in the US
It is available in exactly two places around me and that is considered "everywhere." Still just way to inconvienent to build a motor that relies on it.
Old Mar 13, 2011, 05:31 AM
Evolving Member

I'm probably buying an '05 MR this coming weekend that already has meth injection. It was installed by the PREVIOUS owner and tuned by AMS. That's all I know right now. Don't know concentration. Frankly I like the benefits but I DON'T know how it was set up and if properly. What I've been told is that the meth kicks in at 20psi (20g) up to about 24psi. I'm told I can turn boost down to 19 and never worry about the meth running out or screwing with motor. I might do this until I figure out how it was setup and what my options are. The things I've read here are making me nervous.

Motor internals are all stock. Standard bolt ons (Perrin fuel rail, Wahbro pump, 650cc injectors, Injen FMIC, 20g, HKS racing intake, Perrin/High Flow/RR stealth back exhaust, DC Sports turbo manifold, Invidia 02 housing), with 280 intake and exhaust cams.

Gah the injection kit is SMC trunk system. Installed at least two years ago. Don't know what percentage it is set at.

Edit: it's a 50/50 setup. That said, given that it's been used for at least 10k miles, am I safe?

Nice! Just found Devil's Own 50/50 mix. 4gal for $20.

Last edited by Zombie Killer; Mar 13, 2011 at 09:26 AM.
Old Mar 13, 2011, 10:53 AM
Evolving Member

Holy crap just realized that gasoline is almost more expensive than Meth....hmm....time to tune leaner and get pure meth!
Old Mar 13, 2011, 03:07 PM
Evolved Member

You are safe. I would get a retune and turn up the boost. Also check to see if the system has any failsafes integrated. They make it much "safer" to run. If no failsafe make sure you check the fluid level before you go driving everytime. I would invest in a failsafe asap if none are present. I would also have a wideband and use the tephra options to monitor for knock. The last two recommendations would be good if you run meth or not.
Old Mar 14, 2011, 01:34 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by mt057
Ok so from looking around a little on this forum I can find...

7 motors blown on meth + pump
27 motors blown on pump only1 motor blown nos
3 motors blown E85
8 motors blown while saying look at mod list. They do not currently run meth and make no mention of it or any other fuel.

I found it by searching threads under the title "blown motor" and looking through the thread "Various data on my blown engines". I will continue searching, but from this patern someone should warn the community.. "Dont run pump gas it will blow you motor!"...The large majority of motors blown on pump only blew cyl #1 and cyl #4.
Old Mar 14, 2011, 06:15 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by mt057
You are safe. I would get a retune and turn up the boost. Also check to see if the system has any failsafes integrated. They make it much "safer" to run. If no failsafe make sure you check the fluid level before you go driving everytime. I would invest in a failsafe asap if none are present. I would also have a wideband and use the tephra options to monitor for knock. The last two recommendations would be good if you run meth or not.
MORE boost? The boost level on the 20g is apparently set at 23-24psi....how much more can that turbo hold?
Old Mar 29, 2011, 09:34 AM
Former Sponsor

There is a nice video explaining the basics of WMI.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/wa...ml#post9197389

Quick Reply: What EXACTLY is water/meth injection