Notices
Water / Methanol Injection / Nitrous Oxide

Direct Port W/I Kit??? Aquamist

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2010, 04:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Direct Port W/I Kit??? Aquamist

Does anyone know if any of the W/I vendors out there are currently offering a direct port kit. Mostly intersted in aquamist. I used the search engine but really couldn't come up with anything and I know I can prolly just pick up an Aquamist or any other kit and easily piece together what I need to make it direct port but was just curious.
Old Aug 30, 2010, 04:31 PM
Evolving Member

I second this. I would love to switch to direct port
Old Aug 30, 2010, 04:58 PM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
To my knowledge there is not a specific kit... But I am sure that Jeff from Howerton Engineering has everything that you will need. I have been spraying meth for years and have not had any problems with my jets in the uicp, but the final decision is up to you.
Old Aug 30, 2010, 05:18 PM
Former Sponsor

Here you go

4 Port Manifold
Attached Images  
Old Aug 30, 2010, 05:18 PM
Evolved Member

yea its called e85, and it directly injects to each cylinder in an even uniform pattern. here is the beauty of it....you dont need a stupid tank mounted in your trunk along with a mess of wires to reap the gains....meth is 05/06...its 2010 do some research. there is a reason why the best performing evos do not run meth kits anymore.
Old Aug 30, 2010, 05:26 PM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by milford
yea its called e85, and it directly injects to each cylinder in an even uniform pattern. here is the beauty of it....you dont need a stupid tank mounted in your trunk along with a mess of wires to reap the gains....meth is 05/06...its 2010 do some research. there is a reason why the best performing evos do not run meth kits anymore.
Its a good thing you had so much helpful info. I don't know what the op would do with out it... As stated time and again not everyone has access or even wants to run e85.
Old Aug 30, 2010, 10:37 PM

Yes it's unfortunate but I do not have access to E-85 and don't plan on driving out of state with 55 gal drums filling like 10 of them and driving back lol but if i did have e-85 readily available I would definitely be on that page
Old Aug 30, 2010, 10:39 PM

Originally Posted by JHowerton@Aquamist
4 Port Manifold
Thank you definitely a step in the right direction!!!
Old Aug 31, 2010, 04:40 AM
Former Sponsor

Why not post something useful.

This post of yours has done nothing to promote E85 except your immatured mentality towards wmi.
Old Sep 2, 2010, 04:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yes it is 2010 and by 2012 E85 will be gone too. Its not a power debate but a political debate. As a tuner I have personally witness the same impressive power and Tq gains from WMI as E85. In fact I have even surpassed MBT on WMI without any knock just like E85!

Everyone acts as if E85 is new. In fact Alcohol could have been the main source of fuel decades ago, before WMI was ever thought of. Since the early 1970's there have been over 20,000 Flex fuel cars in the US. Its proving that IT CANT work time and time again. It cost more energy than it produces, how does that make sense?

If E85 was the fuel of the future, every sanctioned race venue would be using it. The fact of the matter is E85 is the cheapest Alcohol because its is the least prepared as a stable "race" fuel. It is very poor as a race fuel and not stable nor predictable. With high h20 content due to poor refining it is highly probable that longterm use can cause corrosion.

If your so set on E85 write your congressman and ask him that you want to keep it around, or you'll be calling an local Aquamist dealer wanting to go fast again because you can only find E85 from Iowa farming catalogs.

Evan Smith

Last edited by esevo; Sep 2, 2010 at 04:14 PM.
Old Sep 2, 2010, 04:16 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by esevo
Yes it is 2010 and by 2012 E85 will be gone too. Its not a power debate but a political debate. As a tuner I have personally witness the same impressive power and Tq gains from WMI as E85. In fact I have even surpassed MBT on WMI without any knock just like E85!

Everyone acts as if E85 is new. If fact Alcohol could have been the main source of fuel decades ago, before WMI was ever thought of. Since the early 1970's there have been over 20,000 Flex fuel cars in the US. Its proving that IT CANT work time and time again. It cost more energy than it produces, how does that make sense?

If E85 was the fuel of the future, every sanctioned race venue would be using it. The fact of the matter is E85 is the cheapest Alcohol because its is the least prepared as a stable "race" fuel. It is very poor as a race fuel and not stable nor predictable. With high h20 content due to poor refining it is highly probable that longterm use can cause corrosion.

If your so set on E85 write your congressman and ask him that you want to keep it around, or you'll be calling an local Aquamist dealer wanting to go fast again because you can only find E85 from Iowa farming catalogs.

Evan Smith
Name any Evo on Meth to run 9.5 or faster?? Any run 8s?? any trap 150?? Any make 900hp?? as a tuner your statements alone are frightening.. I wont get into the meth / E85 debate here but your statements are so far off its scary..

E85 is new.. It was not available at the pumps decades ago.. So in that aspect its much more readily available.. Highly probably to cause corrosion??? I have yet to see any in 3 years.. Poor as a race fuel?? It makes more power than oxygenated 116 octane race fuels.. Better do some more homework and stay of the political websites..

Mike
Old Sep 2, 2010, 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by A BomB
So i decided to walk away from the e85 world, didnt want to have to deal with testing the fuel before i put it in and the need to plan my trips according to how much fuel i have and where i can get fuel. I also was gonna have to redo the fuel system (again) completely ( -10 feed from a -8 feed, -8 return from -6 return, surge tank ect ect ect) long story short i jsut dont wanna do it. I
Found this on another forum. Sounds like E85 isn't as safe and simple as some say it is. Sounds worse than biodiesel, and almost as bad as WVO

Originally Posted by AWD Motorsports
Name any Evo on Meth to run 9.5 or faster?? Any run 8s?? any trap 150?? Any make 900hp??
Name any tuner that has in the last month created an E85 thread thinly veiled as a "this is what I have seen as a tuner" bash on WMI. Isn't this the WMI forum? If you have never installed a WMI system, and don't want to tune them, what advice or knowledge can you offer to further the WMI scene. "Go E85" isn't doing anything to further the WMI community, just in case you didn't know.

I wont get into the meth / E85 debate here
I think anyone who has been on the forum and read your thread knows you are beyond "getting into it". Maybe you should be the moderator of the E85 forum so Richard L could come and bash people there. But I don't think he would, so I guess it doesn't matter.

Last edited by shaman; Sep 2, 2010 at 08:22 PM.
Old Sep 2, 2010, 11:16 PM
Evolved Member

Name any Evo on Meth to run 9.5 or faster?? Any run 8s?? any trap 150?? Any make 900hp?? as a tuner your statements alone are frightening.. I wont get into the meth / E85 debate here but your statements are so far off its scary..

E85 is new.. It was not available at the pumps decades ago.. So in that aspect its much more readily available.. Highly probably to cause corrosion??? I have yet to see any in 3 years.. Poor as a race fuel?? It makes more power than oxygenated 116 octane race fuels.. Better do some more homework and stay of the political websites..

Mike
I don’t need to bring up my maps and logs to prove my point, but then again I doubt you can achieve 34 psi on 87 pump with DP H20 injection with 8* at peak tq! Just because you don’t know how to setup let alone tune a WMI kit properly does not mean it can’t be done. Yes E85 makes good power I never once doubted that. Water meth injection scares people who don’t know how to use it or tune it. Just like NOS. I’m strictly talking street tuned and used on daily cars. 90% of the majority of evo owners! If I was impressed with a 8 second pass at the strip; it would be with full interior street car with a baby seat in the back built by someone without sponsors or the budget of a shop. Money is all it takes to go fast...

E85 has so much support from the vendors on here because it’s a viable source of income for their shops. From; tuning, injectors and pump kits follow the money. I can drive any of my tuned evos across country and run any track any time of the year and run on any pump fuel. I doubt any E85 car can claim that. Let alone know for a fact that they can continue to be able to purchase there fuel.

HOMEWORK??? Pull the beam from thy own eye first my friend...

As a political fact it cost 1.29 gallons of gasoline to produce 1 gallon of E85. 25 gallons of E85 could feed a person for a year, yet 1 out 8 Americans go hungry. With the 51 cent per gallon subsidy going away this year and with grain being in demand the first time in American history, you can bet it won’t be around too much longer. Unless shops such as yours are willing to feed the 7 million people who need food assistance every week.

As a power adder yes it can be used to make great power, but having ran ethanol and methanol on Race quads and Drag Rail cars for 12 years, I believe I know a little about tuning it. VP Race methanol will ALWAYS produce better results when used in a full race set up (such as 8 second cars)... When you’re talking about a car being used on the street lets use some common sense here! In a 400 whp street evo, I promise I can achieve the same power as e85 with WMI. In a 800 +whp different story but who does that apply too? You... that’s really it. I personally made 631 whp with 91 and H20. I can’t fit a 55 gallon drum of E85 to go track my evo 320 miles away. SO wmi is my personal choice.

Your company has constantly bashed on WMI because it hurts your business??? If it didn’t why are you so hateful against it? It’s funny how shops fail to mention the high risk of misfire with so much liquid in the cylinder... Which tends to bend a lot of rods... Or the fact that oil needs to be changed after every boost encounter due to blow by??? Or the fact that is hard to find at fuel pumps for a large majority of us??? Its funny how Aquamist is constantly perfecting ther product and making it better to fix the failsafe issues ect. Yet the E85 community has done nothing to prevent the negitive side of E85???

As far as corrosion goes... your wrong... It will happen it’s a matter of when it does. E85 which is Alcohol which is widely known to be corrosive to aluminum. Short and long term. Ethanol is a lot less corrosive than methanol but is still in fact corrosive with phase separation, hygroscopic, halide ions, Ect. in other words; Chemically E85 attacks the passivating oxide films that protect Aluminum from H20 (corrosion) in the first place!

20k of E85 can be deadly! JUST LIKE 100% METHONAL

Right now E85 is a FAD and it will go away. That’s not saying that your $80,000 8 second evo that applies to less than 5% of the evo community shouldn’t take advantage of it easy to obtain power abilities.

I respect your position but I professionally disagree with it. E85 applies to a limited number of people and shouldn’t be forced upon anyone. Especially when the probability of it being gone is so high.

Good luck with going 8’s Ill enjoy my twisty’s with pump and WMI

Evan Smith

AQUAMIST FTW

Last edited by esevo; Sep 2, 2010 at 11:26 PM.
Old Sep 3, 2010, 12:18 AM
Evolving Member

e85 has been ran by many mustang guys in the mid west for years and they love it!! and mike has a point his shop cars speak for them selves and a few customers with 25k stock block evo's in the 9's on a stock motor and stock frame turbo........just saying
Old Sep 3, 2010, 12:21 AM
Evolving Member

btw that ls1 looks like a high mileage pump gas turd not a e85 fuel motor

Quick Reply: Direct Port W/I Kit??? Aquamist