Notices
Water / Methanol Injection / Nitrous Oxide

Questions for Aquamist Long Term Users

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2016, 11:00 PM
Evolving Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Questions for Aquamist Long Term Users

I'm looking to get some feedback from anyone who has been using an Aquamist setup in their Evo for an extended amount of years or miles. I'm in the process of finishing up my build to be geared toward auto-x/time attack/canyon abuse.

With Cali mainly having 91 octane my builder is suggesting I go to e85, however I don't really live close to any stations. I also don't really like the reduced gas mileage or needing to carry extra fuel to tracks or on road trips, but I want to be able to combat knock.

Despite my builder being kind of anti-water/meth, I've been really intrigued by the Aquamist HFS3 system since it seems as though it has a solid failsafe as well as giving more advanced control over when and how much it sprays. What I'm wondering is how long do pumps for the system usually last when using a 50/50 mix? Have there been any major issues over time? Is this going to really be my best alternative to combat knock without e85 or a conservative tune?
Old May 27, 2016, 11:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Im in the same boat. I think meth kits are dead and everyone is on the e85 bandwagon. I dont live near any e85 stations so I been researching Meth kits for the last couple of days.
Old Jun 2, 2016, 09:37 AM
Evolving Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by bigboygmc
Im in the same boat. I think meth kits are dead and everyone is on the e85 bandwagon. I dont live near any e85 stations so I been researching Meth kits for the last couple of days.
There still seem to be people running them, though much less so than in the past. I wasn't able to find much info about long term usage, but some people I had talked to said there can be issues with even distribution in the Evo unless a port injected solution was put together. Rather then do that I think I have found a true solution to make my car be able to mix any amount of regular gas and e85, which is the FiTRONIC setup that I'll be getting setup by TSComptuned.
Old Jun 4, 2016, 05:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
(Not aquamist)

I have been spraying meth/water for... 5-6 years now?

I also drive the car every single day. Run about 30#'s of boost and did detune the car a little before I essentially stopped doing much but driving it. There is enough room in the A/F / timing to run down to about 30% meth before it gets pretty lean and you can't beat on it.

I kill sensors. My AIT sensor was in before the meth and the sprayer ended up going in 'upstream' of the AIT. It literally eats it alive every year or so and the car sputters and runs like crap until you change it. It's, a $5 sensor. And I now own a small pile of dead ones, and replacements. (It literally sprays directly into it...)

I have literally done nothing but put gas, meth, and change the fluids on the car in about 5 years. I just drove it. I don't track, or beat the snot out of the car on a regular basis but I have not had other side effects that have presented themselves.

Every couple years my entire suspension is completely <--- destroyed. It is currently.

I lost a radiator. And a wheel bearing. (And the axle that was seized in it)

I use a 900+cc/min nozzle and the fuel curve was tuned to lean out when the meth was on.

It works. I was at the point where if I made the A/F .3 leaner, or added 1 degree of timing it would get detonation. I added 10#'s of boost (it was 34psi) and can run 2 full points A/F leaner without detonation.

What could that do for you?