Notices
West Region Includes AZ, CA, HI, NV, UT.

San Jose Evo owner, question

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2005, 02:26 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
San Jose Evo owner, question

Hello.

I currently live in KY but I just got an offer to work in Hollister/ San Jose area.
I am conserned about the huge gap in cost of living.
I am single 28yrs old with pretty good driving history. Do you guys have any idea how much the insurance is going to be? Also, is there anything that will cost me by having Evo in California? Other than speeding ticket. I already got a parking ticket when I went there for the interview.
I am getting a huge raise but considering the gap in cost of living, it is more like an adjustment.
Any advice?
Old Dec 26, 2005, 02:57 PM
Evolved Member

Late reply but your ticket might bring up ur ins. a lil. Since you're 28 it won't bring it up by much. And i don't think Parking tickets are counted against you....they aren't exactly a cause for liability....but that's just what i think..
Old Dec 26, 2005, 03:37 PM
Evolving Member

smog sucks, but cali is cool! come kick it in san-ho with me! now there is about 50 miles differnce between holister and san jose. where will you be really. hollister is nice, but pretty out there. san jose is big time city.
Old Dec 27, 2005, 05:29 PM
Evolving Member

Well, when I posted the thread, I wasn't sure if I'm going or not but now, I'm going for sure.
I was wondering if San Francisco is the only place to Autox or not. It sux to drive all the way up there.
Do you guys know of any good shop around there? Nothing too crazy but I'm thinking about putting the tein springs or something like that.
Here I come Cali!!!
Old Dec 27, 2005, 05:35 PM
Evolving Member

where exactly in cali? thats the real question. there are some legit shops! speed merchant www.speedmerchant.com can do a lot of the smaller stuff and they are in san jose, and vishnu isnt too far either (45min to an hour away!). there are autox's in oakland, san francisco, modesto, etc! there are a lot of them. come kick it, we have a great time here!
Old Dec 27, 2005, 06:14 PM
Evolving Member

Talking

Id go with Vishnu! Too bad Im in the navy, but in 2 years, Ill be home again!!! Me and my EVO! Vishnu and 91 octane here I come!
Old Dec 29, 2005, 02:11 PM
Evolved Member

tell you straight of the bat.. california is expensive.. yes you might have a higher salary, but cost of livin is high.. so it will level out then again.. smog check sucks.. cops suck here.. well lets look on the good side... alot of shops here for you.. Gruppe-S is in the bay area.. and some other shops.. people got love for evos here in Norcal.. I think NORCAL is baddazz.. we just get sucky weathers tho.. haha.. atleast no snow tho.. look on the good side..