Notices
West Region Includes AZ, CA, HI, NV, UT.

Need tips on TRACK for beginner

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2005, 10:56 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I can do FL, GA or North and South Carolina.........

I heard Seabring was a good one though.
Old Dec 31, 2005, 11:00 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sebring is awesome. Takes some time to get used to, but it's not that hard of a course, just a LONG one. I've been running 16-17 psi on track days (safety) and man, even at that, i'm still doing 120+ down the straights, redlining 4th and having to shift. (mr 6spd.)

It's relatively safe also. NEVER will i run at moroso, too damn small. Homestead is pretty safe too.

I run the club course (short course) at sebring later this month, if i have my roll bar in, i'll have cam footage and some other goodies for you and others to see.

Old Dec 31, 2005, 11:11 AM
Evolved Member

your best bet, and i'm sure eventually i'll run it to, would be Roebling Road, in Bloomingdale, GA

or carolina. I'd hit this link, looks fairly cheap, and they put them on pretty often. http://www.turn1motorsports.com/t1m_trackdates.htm

link to carolina track map.

http://www.turn1motorsports.com/imag...diagrambig.jpg

edit: sorry for the thread hi-jack, if you want me to edit, let me know, but i thought it'd be a good place to post these up.

Last edited by WarmPepsi; Dec 31, 2005 at 11:17 AM.
Old Dec 31, 2005, 11:19 AM
Evolving Member

All good advise. One thing I would stay away from since you are just strating out are lapping events. These are just open track day's and aren't that safe for people just starting out. I've been to way too many where people have flipped their cars, smashed into guard rails etc.

Like Brian and the others said, do drving schools, you'll learn so much in a short amount of time. Then when you go to a lapping event you can drive circles around 90% of the other drivers.

The best thing to do is be safe, curtious, have fun, and talk to the other drivers/instructors. Don't go out thinking "oh i'll walk that old POS car". A good driver on a road course is just that, a good driver. Doesn't matter if the car he/she is driving is faster or slower than you, they'll still be faster than a bad, unexperienced driver...And that's ok

From what I've seen, people who go to driving schools are usually more than willing to take the time and help you out.
Old Dec 31, 2005, 11:22 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Badog
All good advise. One thing I would stay away from since you are just strating out are lapping events. These are just open track day's and aren't that safe for people just starting out. I've been to way too many where people have flipped their cars, smashed into guard rails etc.

Like Brian and the others said, do drving schools, you'll learn so much in a short amount of time. Then when you go to a lapping event you can drive circles around 90% of the other drivers.

The best thing to do is be safe, curtious, have fun, and talk to the other drivers/instructors. Don't go out thinking "oh i'll walk that old POS car". A good driver on a road course is just that, a good driver. Doesn't matter if the car he/she is driving is faster or slower than you, they'll still be faster than a bad, unexperienced driver...And that's ok

From what I've seen, people who go to driving schools are usually more than willing to take the time and help you out.
exactly, tim here is an auto-x guy turned track junkie. We told him the local track was fun, after going once, then he was instantly hooked, and now he even does more events than i do

He had an rsx, as do I, and we both went evo, because we were that addicted to tracking.
Old Dec 31, 2005, 11:31 AM
Evolved Member

Any good reccomendations for a driving school type event???
Old Dec 31, 2005, 11:32 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by WarmPepsi
your best bet, and i'm sure eventually i'll run it to, would be Roebling Road, in Bloomingdale, GA

or carolina. I'd hit this link, looks fairly cheap, and they put them on pretty often. http://www.turn1motorsports.com/t1m_trackdates.htm

link to carolina track map.

http://www.turn1motorsports.com/imag...diagrambig.jpg

edit: sorry for the thread hi-jack, if you want me to edit, let me know, but i thought it'd be a good place to post these up.
never tried them but look at the one at carolina..
Old Dec 31, 2005, 11:34 AM
Evolving Member

Heheh, yea it's very addicting. I still do all the autoX events for my region, but it's completely different then a road course.

I'm already looking at sending in my app for the first CGI school for May just so I know I'll be in

Just for fun, here's a vid of some of my racing from this past summer:
http://www.trashproductions.com/vids...mmer-Part1.zip
Old Dec 31, 2005, 11:38 AM
Evolved Member

http://www.seat-time.com << Looking into these...they do Roebling a lot. Anyonedone these???
Old Dec 31, 2005, 11:42 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by BADEVO
http://www.seat-time.com << Looking into these...they do Roebling a lot. Anyonedone these???
The Drivers' Education Group sounds pretty good. Might be worth a call to them and talk to them about it a little bit. Sounds like a good place to start.
Old Dec 31, 2005, 11:43 AM
Evolved Member

yes, heard of them, they only do roebling. The other one at carolina is a lot closer to you, but both sound like a good start.
Old Dec 31, 2005, 11:46 AM
Evolved Member

Savannah is about 1.5 hrs from me max, the SC track is closer to 3 hrs. But I'll look into both.
Old Dec 31, 2005, 11:47 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Badog
Heheh, yea it's very addicting. I still do all the autoX events for my region, but it's completely different then a road course.

I'm already looking at sending in my app for the first CGI school for May just so I know I'll be in

Just for fun, here's a vid of some of my racing from this past summer:
http://www.trashproductions.com/vids...mmer-Part1.zip
nice vid tim.

Lemme know, i'll probably run like the last days at g-man, and let me know if you come up with anything for grattan.
Old Dec 31, 2005, 11:49 AM
Evolved Member

Savannah is about 1.5 hrs from me max, the SC track is closer to 3 hrs. But I'll look into both.
ahh, ok, my mistake then.
Old Dec 31, 2005, 11:51 AM
Evolving Member

Just a friendly warning...Once you start, you'll have a hard time stopping

Oh and I don't know if you've mod'ed your car much, but for this kinda stuff, keep the mods at a minimum. One of the best things I've learned is to change one thing at a time only. Then go on to the next mod if needed once you learn what the previous change has done. I got mod happy on the RSX and it got to the point where I didn't know what affected what and the car ended up handeling worse then before so I had to back track...

Road courses rule!

Quick Reply: Need tips on TRACK for beginner