Notices
West Region Includes AZ, CA, HI, NV, UT.

Thunderhill - June 19, 2006

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2006, 11:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thunderhill - June 19, 2006

Got Guts at Thunderhill
An Open Track Day
June 19, 2006

SAMOA, the Sacramento Area Miata Owners Association, is proud to sponsor an open track day at Thunderhill Raceway Park, Willows, California, on Monday, June 19, 2006. This will be a traditional track event with 3 run groups, 6 scheduled 20-minute sessions per group (with an open session at the end of the day), and optional instruction for novices. Groups A and B will be limited to 25 cars each, and the novice group to 20 cars. Our event will emphasize safety and fun. Although SAMOA is a Miata club based in Sacramento, drivers of all types of cars are welcome. The cost is just $210 per driver ($225 after May 31, 2006).

The event is being presented as a benefit to raise money for the Crohns & Colitis Foundation of America (CCFA), a non-profit organization dedicated to finding a cure for IBD – Inflammatory Bowel Disease. All net proceeds of track-related activities and 100% of all raffle receipts will go directly to CCFA. Raffle prizes are being solicited from more than 50 Miata and other general automotive vendors, and prizes will be raffled during the lunch break so that on-track activities will not be affected.

A website has been created to promote this event – http://www.gotgutsatthunderhill.com. At the site you will find complete event information, signup forms, and prize and driver lists. Please check it out. If you need additional information feel free to contact me via email at freescopesdad@yahoo.com or by phone at (916) 454-1008. Looking forward to seeing you at the track…

Ron Petrich
Old Feb 8, 2006, 10:57 AM

Now Accepting PayPal & Credit Cards

...just what the title says. I've posted a link to PayPal on the website at www.gotgutsatthunderhill.com so you have this payment option as well. And PayPal will accept your credit card payment without requiring a PayPal account. There is, however, a $6.00 handling fee for all payments through PayPal, which is actually a little less than I am charged. I hope this option makes things more convenient for some. Of course, you can still send me a personal check via USPS. Either way, don't forget to fill out and mail the registration form as well. See you at the track...

Ron
Old Mar 8, 2006, 08:55 AM

Well, just a reminder that this event is starting to fill up nicely and the raffle prizes are rolling in. We'll also have some special stuff from Autoweek, GRM and several other vendors that hasn't arrived yet at my front door. If you can afford the $$ its always best to sign up sooner rather than later so you get your choice of run group.

Ron
Got Guts
Old Apr 10, 2006, 01:59 PM

Driver List Is Up

Log on to www.gotgutsatthunderhill.com/driverlist.html for an up-to-date list of who has registered so far. I've heard from 40-50 others that plan to participate, so we are confident that the event will sell out. Sign up sooner rather than later to be assured of your requested run group.

Ron
Old Apr 11, 2006, 08:41 AM

oops I can't type. www.gotgutsatthunderhill.com/DriverList.html

Ron
Old Apr 19, 2006, 09:25 AM

Quick Update...

Well, we are 2 months out and as of today I have 23 paid...just about right I guess. If you plan on signing up don't wait too long as some of the groups can literally fill up in a week. And we don't want to disappoint anyone.

Ron
http://www.gotgutsatthunderhill.com
Old May 4, 2006, 03:13 PM

Update

WHOA...we are 40-50% full in all groups. You don't wanna be stuck at home (or worse, at work) do you? Come on and sign up now before the price goes up. Hope to see you all at the Hill.

Ron
www.gotgutsatthunderhill.com
Old May 19, 2006, 06:34 AM

Arrow One Month Out...

Just a month away from this track day. We already have 43 paid with another 5-6 in the mail...more than $7000 in raffle prizes have been collected. This promises to be a super event and a successful fundraiser for CCFA. Thanks to all for helping to make it a success. We still have space in A and B groups for experienced and intermediate drivers, but just a couple of slots in C (novice). So get your applications in. Hope to see ya there.

Ron
http://www.gotgutsatthunderhill.com
Old May 21, 2006, 10:46 PM

That looks like a lot of fun