Notices
West Region Includes AZ, CA, HI, NV, UT.

South Coast Mitsubishi???

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2006, 07:35 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I got my evo from there. Prices were by far the best. Service in my experience was some of the best I HAVE EVER DEALT WITH. Abnes(the owner of SC mitsu) was awesome in making sure my car was spotless. Mark was off at the time of my purchase but he has helped a few of my friends in their purchase and all cases were nothing but praise stories.

Sam of SRT motorsports is also a very nice guy. Service at his shop is still questionable due to him just starting, but the shop is a very nice and clean shop.

They don't bs you. I was in and out with my car in around 30min.
Old May 2, 2006, 04:58 PM
Evolved Member

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts
Bought my Evo from Mark. Picked me straight up from the Airport, drove me, etc. Was out of there in about 45 minutes. No B.S. got exactly what I wanted/ to S.C.
Old May 2, 2006, 06:07 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mark definitely handles his business

I bought....laugh all you want.....my wife her Outlander from Mark while I was home on leave from Iraq a couple of weeks ago and he gave me an awesome deal on it. I was real pleased...happy enough that I am gonna have to get my EVO from 8000 miles away and I have to trust him to take care of me and I do. He is a real good guy and he keeps me in the loop way the hell over here. And from what I saw the whole place was real professional and courteous and I can vouch Mark knows what he is doing....
Old May 10, 2006, 04:26 PM
Evolving Member

When the time comes to get my Evo, Mark will be the guy I deal with. Even over the internet, he's been very curteous, professional..even helpful. He took the time to run some numbers for me over the phone to help me figure out what I'm looking at NOW, and then construct a more plausible timeline for me actually being able to get the car.

Definite thumbs up from me. I look forward to doing some real business with him and SC at the end of the year.
Old May 10, 2006, 10:23 PM

South Coast

I bought my IX from South Coast 2 weeks ago and have to say the buying experience was pretty good. Great price and they gave me a great deal on my trade. I recommend them. They claim to be mod-friendly in their service department but can't verify that.
Old May 14, 2006, 11:57 PM
Evolved Member

Awesome dealership, you wont be disappointed!
Old Jun 9, 2006, 01:03 AM

South Coast Mitsubishi blows

I just got my Evo 8 '05 serviced at South Coast a couple of weeks ago and I have to say the service blows a big one. They told me that the rear brake pads were down to 20% and needed to be replaced and that the job for front and rear pads was going to cost $800. I was skeptical because usually it's the front pads that wear faster but since everybody has had good experience with them I just believed them. But I was not about to pay $800 for getting my pads replaced so I bought some Hawk PS from Z1 (which had fast service) to install myself. It turns out that I have at least 10,000 miles left on my pads after taking my wheels off and inspecting them. Also while I was there an idling sales person came up to me and wanted to sell me an Evo 9. I said I wasn't going to do it but it'd be interesting to see what the numbers came out to be. I made it very clear that I was not going to buy anything that day. While the salesperson was very nice his boss was an ***. The manager tried to make a hard sale on a RS and told me to not waste his employee's time next time I was there. I was so pissed I told him that making me feel bad isn't going to make me buy a car and just left. Before I left the salesperson came out and apologized. I usually get my car serviced at Tustin and had no problems at all. I only went to South Coast because I live in Costa Mesa. South Coast was retarded so I'd never go back again.
Old Jun 30, 2006, 06:10 PM
Evolving Member

I don't have a very high opinion of dealers so I go for the price. If they're the most competitive or at least making a noticable effort to work things out, they'll get my business.

When my wife was looking at Jeep Cherokee's (when we were still in Oregon) we had a dealer actually say "Hey, this isn't a car museum. This is a business." lol. That was his response to our offer on a jeep. They didn't even try to negotiate. That's the only time that's ever happened.