Notices
West Region Includes AZ, CA, HI, NV, UT.

South Coast Mitsubishi???

Old May 1, 2006, 12:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
South Coast Mitsubishi???

Hey guys im planning on pickin up my Evo in about 3 weeks if all goes to plan!!! im so happy i can hardy wait! but anyways im planning on buying it from South Coast Mitsubishi in Orange County California. I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with these people and can give me any feed back on them, prices, your feelings about the dealer what ever u can would be great! thanks alot guys.
Old May 1, 2006, 12:15 AM

they have great prices... but customer service could use some improvement... thats coming from services like longo toyota and sierra honda.... etc...
Old May 1, 2006, 12:37 AM

you buy there?
Old May 1, 2006, 12:39 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by sean2sean
they have great prices... but customer service could use some improvement... thats coming from services like longo toyota and sierra honda.... etc...
Sadly this is true. Mark was ok, helpful. I figured the volume they were going through at the time was high and they were just swamped.
Old May 1, 2006, 12:41 AM
Evolving Member

I worked with Sam Shahidzadeh (he owns SRT Motorsports). Great service as well as the other middle eastern manager.

I didn't end up buying an Evo (STI instead) but they gave me the best deal on my trade-in and you can't beat their Evo prices.
Old May 1, 2006, 01:29 AM

Originally Posted by Fittest
I worked with Sam Shahidzadeh (he owns SRT Motorsports). Great service as well as the other middle eastern manager.

I didn't end up buying an Evo (STI instead) but they gave me the best deal on my trade-in and you can't beat their Evo prices.
thats funny cause this time last year I was in the market for a new car and i wanted an evo8 MR but I also ended up buyin a 05 STi...but due to recent events I no longer have the STi, so I am going with my original the MR....

but hey thanks guys for postin about the dealer..they seem to be able to get me a MR for about 35000 out the door...lets hope that becomes the case! and they were also telling me about a speed shop very close to the dealer that they do work with...but I didt have time to go into detail with them on that..anybody know any info on that either?
Old May 1, 2006, 01:51 AM
Evolved Member

I bought my car from Tom Croxton at Huntington Beach Mitsu and they've been pretty good. The price was better than south coast by a bunch.

As for service.... i choose the lesser of all evils and thats probly Huntington Beach. I got it in writing that if i have any more clutch shuddering or clutch smell under normal driving, they'll replace the flywheel and clutch for free. They even said i could bring in my own aftermarket clutch and they'll install it for me under warranty.... AND.... let me keep the OEM clutch.

When i took my car in right after my first clutch incident (2200miles or so on a brand new car with ZERO launches and granny driving) the service manager Chris (i think ) told me to bring it in the following week and they're cover it.

A week passes and i get up super early to get it in eary as possible and the same guy tells me the bill is going to be $2000 for a new clutch and labor. I started laughing and reminded him that i spoke to him in person a week prior and he said they'd cover it.

No such luck. He gave me some big BS line about mitsu isn't covering clutches even though they're drivetrain and warrantied for 10k miles because wannabe racers rail the crap out of these cars and he said it wasn't worth the risk for me to have them tear it down for a ONE THOUSAND DOLLAR TEARDOWn.... and then have some district pinhead say "oh look.... your clutch has abnormal wear.... DENIED!" even though i've never launched my new IX nor have I ever smoked the clutch once.
He then offered me an aftermarket dual plate clutch since its roughly the same price installed as a factory one. I told him i can have the same clutch job done including install fees for probably $1000-1200 less at my friends shop and followed by "i'm not your average joke of a customer. I probably know more about this car than you do. I could do the clutch install in my garage if i wanted. Plus i know the job doesn't take more than a full day"

The same BS service guy also told me that i'll have ZERO warranty issues by putting a full turbo back exhaust, high flow cat, Royal Purple or AMSOIL (as long as its 10w30), intake, etc.

From what i've been told, anything more than a cat-back is a big warranty issue. Same goes for most intakes and DEFINITELY top notch oil like Amsoil or Royal. Huntington Beach Mitsu told me that if I put Royal Purple in my car they'd void my whole warranty after they "send some in for testing. I then gave the guy a long lecture on how it exceeds and/or surpasses ANY standard that Mobil 1 Syn 10w30 can pass and explained the finer details of the Magnussen-Moss warranty act and that if they even try to do such a thing, I'll be the very first person to call my lawyer who is the former president of the California State BAR Association to begin a MASSIVE class action lawsuit.

I'm sure there are many members here who have been screwed by dealers who only proved in their own pin-heads that they're right that your mods being the problem thus voiding your warranty.

And since such a lawsuit would be so high profile with so many participents, i'm sure my attorney would be glad to take up our cause.

But on a happier note, I do get things done when i just go over their pin heads and talk with Tom Croxton, the dealership owner. He's a great guy and easy to work with. If any of you HB Mitsu guys have an issue with service, go to him when your normal routes of communication are exhausted. AND.... stay level headed and know your rights.
Old May 1, 2006, 01:53 AM
Evolved Member

i just got my base IX from Mark about 2 weeks ago on April 19th. everything went smooth as butter, got my car right after it arrived off the boat from japan. still had plastic wrappings all over the car

their prices are stupid low, and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that

give mark a PM, he'll talk to u. great guy. not sure about the rest of South Coast's service, but i'm just going to look for Mark directly everytime i go there.

good luck with getting the Evo
Old May 1, 2006, 01:56 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Andrew LB
I bought my car from Tom Croxton at Huntington Beach Mitsu and they've been pretty good. The price was better than south coast by a bunch.

As for service.... i choose the lesser of all evils and thats probly Huntington Beach. I got it in writing that if i have any more clutch shuddering or clutch smell under normal driving, they'll replace the flywheel and clutch for free. They even said i could bring in my own aftermarket clutch and they'll install it for me under warranty.... AND.... let me keep the OEM clutch.

When i took my car in right after my first clutch incident (2200miles or so on a brand new car with ZERO launches and granny driving) the service manager Chris (i think ) told me to bring it in the following week and they're cover it.

A week passes and i get up super early to get it in eary as possible and the same guy tells me the bill is going to be $2000 for a new clutch and labor. I started laughing and reminded him that i spoke to him in person a week prior and he said they'd cover it.

No such luck. He gave me some big BS line about mitsu isn't covering clutches even though they're drivetrain and warrantied for 10k miles because wannabe racers rail the crap out of these cars and he said it wasn't worth the risk for me to have them tear it down for a ONE THOUSAND DOLLAR TEARDOWn.... and then have some district pinhead say "oh look.... your clutch has abnormal wear.... DENIED!" even though i've never launched my new IX nor have I ever smoked the clutch once.
He then offered me an aftermarket dual plate clutch since its roughly the same price installed as a factory one. I told him i can have the same clutch job done including install fees for probably $1000-1200 less at my friends shop and followed by "i'm not your average joke of a customer. I probably know more about this car than you do. I could do the clutch install in my garage if i wanted. Plus i know the job doesn't take more than a full day"

The same BS service guy also told me that i'll have ZERO warranty issues by putting a full turbo back exhaust, high flow cat, Royal Purple or AMSOIL (as long as its 10w30), intake, etc.

From what i've been told, anything more than a cat-back is a big warranty issue. Same goes for most intakes and DEFINITELY top notch oil like Amsoil or Royal. Huntington Beach Mitsu told me that if I put Royal Purple in my car they'd void my whole warranty after they "send some in for testing. I then gave the guy a long lecture on how it exceeds and/or surpasses ANY standard that Mobil 1 Syn 10w30 can pass and explained the finer details of the Magnussen-Moss warranty act and that if they even try to do such a thing, I'll be the very first person to call my lawyer who is the former president of the California State BAR Association to begin a MASSIVE class action lawsuit.

I'm sure there are many members here who have been screwed by dealers who only proved in their own pin-heads that they're right that your mods being the problem thus voiding your warranty.

And since such a lawsuit would be so high profile with so many participents, i'm sure my attorney would be glad to take up our cause.

But on a happier note, I do get things done when i just go over their pin heads and talk with Tom Croxton, the dealership owner. He's a great guy and easy to work with. If any of you HB Mitsu guys have an issue with service, go to him when your normal routes of communication are exhausted. AND.... stay level headed and know your rights.
how much did u get ur Evo for? and when did u get it?
Old May 1, 2006, 03:59 AM
Evolved Member

Huntington Beach Mitsu. 2 Months ago. My brother in law works for their corporate office in Cypress, CA. So i got my Evo IX w/SSL for $2250 UNDER dealer invoice. Oh.... that included the $800 Lojack Early REcovery System where you have a little transponder on your keychain and if your car moves or is broken into, lojack calls your cell, home, email, and up to a total of 5 contacts.

Sticker was just shy of $36. I paid $31 including tax, fees, license, delivery, AND the lojack.
Old May 1, 2006, 10:10 AM

Picked mine up from Victorville Mitsu, who are the same dealership as South Coast. Was closer for me since I live in Vegas, and gave me same deal as Mark advertises. Awesome guys, fedex'd me contract up to read over, took it down, signed it, handed down payment over, got keys. Took 10 minutes total. Got my GG MR for 32999, didnt even bother asking me about extended warranty, blah blah. 2500 for tax, and I was out the door. Talk to Bob or Cherly down there, and let them know your evoM members to get the right price.
Old May 1, 2006, 10:33 AM
Evolving Member

Good dealer to buy a car from but be careful of there Finance dept.
Old May 1, 2006, 10:47 AM
Evolved Member

Mark is great to work with. bought my eb 9 on april 20 and did not have any issues. car had 10 miles on it and was still in plastic in the wash bay. I didn't have any dealings with the finance department, as my wife didn't come with me, so all the paperwork was signed ahead of time, so they really didn't have a chance to sell me anything extra. it only took 30 minutes from arriving at the dealership to closing the deal and taking the car(ran into a license plate issue that added 2 hours, but it was a california/idaho thing, and mark really helped out with it, even though it wasn't their issue/pm if you want details, but it's a buying out of state thing)..

overall, I would rate south coast/mark as a great place to buy a car..

good luck
Old May 1, 2006, 11:03 PM

Wow thanks alot guys for all ur info! this site is great. So Mark the fleet manager at south coast has a profile on here? wow he is serious about his career huh. whats his profile name?
Old May 1, 2006, 11:07 PM
Evolving Member

Mark: evolution_4_all

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: South Coast Mitsubishi???