Notices
West Region Includes AZ, CA, HI, NV, UT.

Southwest Car Enthusist - Tortilla Flats Drive - BBQ...Arizona Related!!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2006, 01:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Southwest Car Enthusist - Tortilla Flats Drive - BBQ...Arizona Related!!

When: January 6th, 2007
Where- Tortilla Flats/Canyon Lake
Time- Starting at 9:30 AM
How Much-$5-10 USD
Who is Invited- Everyone...except maybe Zach (j/k little guy)
Why- Because we haven't done it in awhile and it is the holidays
[b]More info and maps provided below...also check the other thread to see how the turnout is:

http://www.tortillaflataz.com/
http://maps.yahoo.com/;_ylc=X3...mag=7
http://maps.yahoo.com/;_ylc=X3...mag=5

The Plan:

For those of you who have attended before know how much fun it can be driving through the twisties and also know how much fun it is to have a large group of people go to hang out, eat, and look at cars...

This time I would like to do things a little different, instead of eating at the Canyon Lake restaurant that seems to not really like having us around, I am asking everyone to paypal $5-10 per person for a large BBQ at one of the picnic areas...It should be a little chilly but nothing as cold as the last Flagstaff BBQ...I will take care of all the shopping at Sams Club and such (maybe Martin will help me since I helped him last time)...I can arrange for someone to take all the coolers of food and drinks up in another car so I can take part in the fun driving also...

I am suggesting 3 places to meet up...Exklusiv (assuming it is ok with Derek) at 9:00 AM sharp...McDonalds on I-10 and Elliot at 9:00 AM sharp and in the AJ's parking lot on Val Vista and US-60 at 9:30 AM sharp and we can all roll out from there...probably will meet up before we head up the hill one more time to get the group together...There will be places for photo ops at the end of the drive since there is a large spot where the cars can gather...

Please post up any correspondence
Old Dec 9, 2006, 06:04 PM
Evolved Member

I made a solo run out there today. Living in North East Mesa makes this run very easy because it's so close. Why don't you just save your money and continue on down to Tortilla Flats and eat at the diner like everyone else? There was a Scoobie meet there last weekend and about 40 Subarus showed up. There's also usually a bunch of motorcycles and other enthusiast groups that end up there.
Old Dec 11, 2006, 11:06 PM

the diner is cool, but usually really crowded and not very happy when a large group walks in...especially when nobody brings cash and everyone wants to pay with card...I can't blame the cafe I manage Snowbowls hotel and when people ask to do that at the restaurant I get rather angry.