Notices
West Region Includes AZ, CA, HI, NV, UT.

Extreme Powdercoating SUCKS

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2007, 12:02 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Extreme Powdercoating SUCKS

Hey all,
Just wanted to give you a heads up on a ****ty company out of Mesa called Extreme Powdercoating. They have been running me around for almost two months now and still haven't finished the job.

I called this place hearing they did good work, well here's what happend:

First when I called I asked if they could powdercoat my wheels, but I think that the stock evo rims are already powdercoated from the factory, they said it wouldn't be a problem and the total would be around $220 for them to strip them and powdercoat them and they could do it all there but they were running a little behind and it wouldn't be done for about a week. I then brought the wheels into the shop where they told me that it would take a little more work and it would probably be around $240 for the wheels which I agreed to.

I called after the first week and asked what the status was and they apoligized saying they had started to strip them but haven't powdercoated them because they were swamped. I said it wouldn't be a problem and for them just to call me when they were finished.

A week and a half later I was called saying they couldn't strip them there and that I needed to come pick them up and drive them down the road to have them be chemically stripped and that I would have to pay an additional 35 per wheel to have them stripped. I was a little upset that I had to go pick up the rims from them and take them down the road because they committed to doing something that obviously they couldn't. Plus the fact that they are a good 20min freeway drive from my house.

I picked up the rims and dropped them up to Chem-strip, while I was there he told me how they should have dropped them off and how they would be done in 4 days. He didn't take credit cards and I didn't have 120 in cash, he then informed me that they would normally drop them off and pick them up, just charging me what his costs were. I agreed to that and waited the four days.

The next week I got a call from Chem-strip saying that he called Extreme powdercoating telling them they could pick up the rims and they acted like they weren't going to do it so he told me I might want to call them.

I then called Extreme Powdercoating and they said it wouldn't be a problem and they would pay and pick them up just charging me when I picked up the final product.

Its now been almost two months and I called Extreme Powdercoating... A girl answered and was an absolute ***** to me on the phone saying how I had made a verbal contract wiht the guy at Chem-Strip and how they wouldn't pick up the rims and even though I had spoken to the other guy about them picking them up and him agreeing she wouldn't let them do it. Then I asked, "ok were you going to call me and let me know at least" she responds "I figured you would call sooner or later"

WHAT A ****TY COMPANY!!!!!
Old Sep 17, 2007, 12:06 PM
Evolved Member

That's pretty horrible. I would do everything in my power to let it be known... possibly file a complaint etc..
Old Sep 17, 2007, 12:15 PM
Evolving Member

to who tho? They just suck ***** haha
Old Sep 17, 2007, 12:18 PM
Evolved Member

with the Better Business Bureau... probably wont solve anything but at least they will have that on their record unless they resolve it.
Old Sep 17, 2007, 12:29 PM
Evolving Member

word, thanks I might do that
Old Oct 30, 2007, 04:18 PM
Evolving Member

just throwing this back up... people need to know about this craphole
Old Oct 31, 2007, 12:48 PM
Evolving Member

Send them this link. HA HA, let them know how much business they lost.
Old Nov 1, 2007, 05:00 PM

Id go to the BBB
Old Nov 2, 2007, 10:26 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by The R3d Baron
Id go to the BBB
I would but they are not BBB certified or whatever, so it doesn't matter. They won't help.
Old Nov 2, 2007, 10:31 AM
Evolving Member

Bummer. There is an Extreme Powdercoating here in Utah and that's who I thought you were talking about. Several of my friends have had their wheels done there with awesome results. $200 for all 4 and they are done either the same day or the following day.

Sorry about your experience but there's a good option up north if you need it.
Old Nov 2, 2007, 06:43 PM
Evolving Member

I have used Extreme powdercoating in Mesa and they did a great job on my wheels. I did have a couple unreturned phone calls and it took a couple extra days for them to finish but overall I was happy. Sorry about your experience.
Old Jan 9, 2008, 09:23 AM
Evolving Member

last bump
Old May 21, 2008, 10:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm about to get mine powdercoated by Desert Powder Coating here in PHX, we'll see how it goes, I've heard good stuff from them though.
Old May 26, 2008, 03:39 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Spish
I'm about to get mine powdercoated by Desert Powder Coating here in PHX, we'll see how it goes, I've heard good stuff from them though.
Just sent them an email to see how much my stock 18 inch rims would cost.
Old Apr 22, 2015, 10:41 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
bumpin this old thread...anyone have luck with anyone yet in Phoenix for Powdercoating? I've got several parts I'd like done.

Quick Reply: Extreme Powdercoating SUCKS