Notices
West Region Includes AZ, CA, HI, NV, UT.

***Official HI Chat Thread***

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2010, 06:06 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Seems like some are military in here. Well like to introduce myself my name is francis and im in the navy and getting stationed in KBAY. I will soon be moving there on JAN. with my family. I have a 04 TB evo and trying toget all the parts I need before I get to see my car again and put them all in.

Also can I get some advice on where to get a place for me and my family near KBAY. im trying to look for a 3-4 bedroom with garaga and in a good neighborhood.

I cant wait to get there.
Old May 28, 2010, 04:02 PM

Welcome to the island. well. i cant really welcome you cuz im not there currently. but hey... welcome to where my 05 TB evo lives. and i dont wanna sound rude, or mean... but... RUN AWAY!!!! YOU WILL HATE HAWAII!!!
Old May 28, 2010, 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by *constant_boost
BTW BMXER who did we use to ship your engine out? I dont recall what shipping company we had do it..?
um... crap... trying to remember. started with a D. i dont remember. if i think of it ill let you know.
Old May 28, 2010, 04:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by bmxer4it
um... crap... trying to remember. started with a D. i dont remember. if i think of it ill let you know.
LoL @ slow car depicted in your avatar.

BTW

as soon as you find out, let me know.
Old May 31, 2010, 02:27 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by flo2877
Seems like some are military in here. Well like to introduce myself my name is francis and im in the navy and getting stationed in KBAY. I will soon be moving there on JAN. with my family. I have a 04 TB evo and trying toget all the parts I need before I get to see my car again and put them all in.

Also can I get some advice on where to get a place for me and my family near KBAY. im trying to look for a 3-4 bedroom with garaga and in a good neighborhood.

I cant wait to get there.
Where you going to work at in Kbay, i work on that side gut live in EWA. its alot cheaper. Most people that work in Kbay live in KAILUA, or KANEOHE. The price will be higher to live on that side. 3bedroom going to run you atleast $2000-2500 starting in kailua or kbay.
The next place i would look is AIEA, can find some good spots there.
There is also base housing near the Airport and Pearl Harbor NEX. WELCOME. got any questinons hit me up.
Old May 31, 2010, 09:17 AM
Evolving Member

I will be working in the fuel farm in KBAY i really dont know where it is as it will be my first time going in the base in kbay. The reason why I want it near KBAY because of my kids I need to drop them off school and the babysitter if my wife is gone to sea. We are both mIL to mIL. I was wondering also about EWA cuz my friend had a house there before and we stayed with him. Very nice neighborhood.

How long is the drive from EWA to the base in KBAY? please include traffic. thanks
Old May 31, 2010, 09:31 AM
Evolving Member

the drive from Ewa to Kaneohe is far...really far ESPECIALLY considering traffic. if i were you id much rather live out on the windward side near k-bay especially since you're mil to mil you'll be able to afford a nicer house. its nicer out there, cooler, better neighborhoods and you're gonna want to kill yourself eventually driving back and forth from Ewa. Hell, i dont even work on that side of the island and i wanna live out there.

im sure everybody already knows about this site but check out ahrn.com for houses in that area.
Old May 31, 2010, 12:36 PM
Evolved Member

Happy Memorial day guys!
Old Jun 1, 2010, 09:09 AM
Evolving Member

thanks for all the good information everyone. I was thinking about living by kaneohe so that I wont have to drive too far from work and the kids school. Wifey just told me she will just make the long drive from kbay to pearl harbor. She already got us a agent on finding a place there by kbay. its my best friends aunt so we are set.

I cant wait to get to hawaii. I also cant wait to see my car already, its been almost 3 years now.
Old Jun 6, 2010, 08:01 AM

DB SHENKER!!! shippers. dont know how to spell it... but thats it.
Old Jun 6, 2010, 08:04 AM

hey flo, give us some detials about your car. and hope it can be saftied easily. if not, let me know.
Old Jun 6, 2010, 12:51 PM

hey everyone, just got my 05 evo here. Lovin every minute of it.
Old Jun 6, 2010, 02:20 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by bmxer4it
DB SHENKER!!! shippers. dont know how to spell it... but thats it.
I LOVE YOU!!! PM me your DSN number bro!

I have LOTS to tell you!!!
Old Jun 6, 2010, 02:22 PM
Evolved Member

thanks for all the good information everyone. I was thinking about living by kaneohe so that I wont have to drive too far from work and the kids school. Wifey just told me she will just make the long drive from kbay to pearl harbor. She already got us a agent on finding a place there by kbay. its my best friends aunt so we are set.

I cant wait to get to hawaii. I also cant wait to see my car already, its been almost 3 years now.
You might want to look into the Navy housing right off of Nimitz. Awesome housing, and not TOO far from KBAY. It is actually right in the middle of EVERYTHING!!!

Ed
Old Jun 6, 2010, 11:15 PM
Evolving Member

I will be working in the fuel farm in KBAY i really dont know where it is as it will be my first time going in the base in kbay. The reason why I want it near KBAY because of my kids I need to drop them off school and the babysitter if my wife is gone to sea. We are both mIL to mIL. I was wondering also about EWA cuz my friend had a house there before and we stayed with him. Very nice neighborhood.

How long is the drive from EWA to the base in KBAY? please include traffic. thanks
someone already answered you question but ill add onto it.
Ive been living in ewa for 5yrs nowm and making to trip to kbay 5 to 6 times a week for work. Total trip to (Morning) 40min (Door to Door) i leave at 6 to be to work at 7, this IS PEAK TRAFFIC TIME. 5:30 traffic starts to pick up, and by 8 most of it is gone.
(Afternoon) If off by 3-3:30 40min drive. Anytime later then that up to 1hr or more. I get off at 4 now and get home at 5. So i usually just stay late at work.

I would suggest living in Aiea. Central Point for everything 15-25min to Kbay, 15 min to Pearl Harbor. (all depending on how deep you live in Aiea.)
Kbay home prices are about double of what you would pay on this side.
But Mil to Mil you can afford anything.. hahaha

Quick Reply: ***Official HI Chat Thread***