Notices
West Region Includes AZ, CA, HI, NV, UT.

Reno Area anybody?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2006, 10:25 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chips suck!! Got half a dozen up front. Drove to Reno today. Lots of wrecks on 50. Almost stopped to pull a Gti out but didn't see anyone there.

gobagheera, where in Carson you work? I go there alot. Don't get to Reno but about once a month.
Old Apr 17, 2006, 11:44 AM

I work at an office off of W. Nye Ln, which is at the north end of Carson. It's about 1/2 mile from Michael Hohl Subaru, so maybe that's why I see so many STis.
Old Apr 17, 2006, 12:38 PM
Evolving Member

Rock chips super suck! That's the downside of driving around here, so much dirt and sand on the roads after a miniscule snow storm. The front of both my cars looks like crap, will probably repaint the whole front clip on both in another year or so.

Yeah Evo478 I have the grey VIII @ Hertz. It's pretty funny, sometimes when I drive by your work, I think some of your co-workers think I'm you and they wave and such. Did you know a mech engineer there named Matt Maxwell? He worked there around 2 years ago.
Old Apr 17, 2006, 03:52 PM

No cant say that i did that was right around the time that i started working there so i may have met him just dont remember.
Old Apr 17, 2006, 06:24 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by gatorade
Heard you guys got some snow, god damn I might be coming there for the summer..is it like cali hott and nice?
Dude you shouldn't bother posting or asking a ? in this thread. Everyone here is off in thier own lil' world.
Old Apr 22, 2006, 08:27 AM

Originally Posted by gobagheera
I think I've seen a total of 3 Evos since I've gotten mine, but I've seen tons of STis on my commute from Reno to Carson. I should venture out into the Sparks area more often.

How about this snow storm today? Just got done waxing my Evo in the garage and noticed 2 tiny rock chips on the front bumper. Aaarggghh!!!
So where you at an apartment on 16th street last night? I saw a new 9 across the street from my place just wondering if that was you?
Old Apr 22, 2006, 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by Evo478
So where you at an apartment on 16th street last night? I saw a new 9 across the street from my place just wondering if that was you?
No, that wasn't me. I did go out last night in the rain, but down to the Double Diamond area. Talked to several guys in a Trans Am WS6 at a stoplight who gave props.
Old Apr 24, 2006, 10:11 AM
Evolved Member

Allison Mitsu sold both of their GG MR 9's and two other IX's within the last couple weeks. I went down there to pick up the black one but it already sold!! I think I'll be going to SRM in the bay to get mine next weekend. They are willing to come close to the South Coast pricing!!!
Old Apr 28, 2006, 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by RenoEvo
Allison Mitsu sold both of their GG MR 9's and two other IX's within the last couple weeks. I went down there to pick up the black one but it already sold!! I think I'll be going to SRM in the bay to get mine next weekend. They are willing to come close to the South Coast pricing!!!
So are you getting any mods put on at SRM when you pick up the new Evo? I just ordered the RnR 3" TBE. I was going to wait and go to Works to get everything, but the RnR was too good of a deal to pass on.
Old Apr 28, 2006, 04:09 PM
Evolved Member

Man all the fast cars have come out of the wood works this week. To bad my car has been in the shop still for the clutch. But Monday, watch out. Alky kit is going in, and I can't wait for the flash cable to be delivered so I can tune my ecu for the alky. Then in a couple of weeks the Tomei 270's will be here with the springs..... Not braggin' just pretty excited.
Old Apr 28, 2006, 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by nutrulz
Man all the fast cars have come out of the wood works this week. To bad my car has been in the shop still for the clutch. But Monday, watch out. Alky kit is going in, and I can't wait for the flash cable to be delivered so I can tune my ecu for the alky. Then in a couple of weeks the Tomei 270's will be here with the springs..... Not braggin' just pretty excited.
Sweet. That things gonna haul ***.
Old Apr 28, 2006, 07:56 PM
Evolved Member

when I pick it up from SRM I'm just getting some basics. The real stuff will come later on this summer. let the games begin...
Old Apr 28, 2006, 07:57 PM
Evolved Member

btw bagheera you don't have to smog for two years so you better run a test pipe!
Old Apr 28, 2006, 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by RenoEvo
btw bagheera you don't have to smog for two years so you better run a test pipe!
Of course!
Old May 2, 2006, 04:55 PM

So i am going to try to take my Evo back to the dealer to get the TC fixed to see if they will waranty it. Any one know how allison is on mods?

Quick Reply: Reno Area anybody?