Notices
West Region Includes AZ, CA, HI, NV, UT.

***Official UT Chat Thread***

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2012, 08:31 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bullfrg
Do want!!
Dude I am really considering selling the evo to start a project like this.

FD rx-7 or 240 + LSX + 335's in the rear + S/C or Turbo

I have officially got the TQ bug lol.
Old May 11, 2012, 07:15 AM
Evolved Member

Wink

Originally Posted by b16a2delsol

Is that the same as the low-rpm power bug?

~j.
Old May 11, 2012, 08:49 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by jcnel_evo8
Is that the same as the low-rpm power bug?

~j.
Not necessarily. I have the low-rpm power bug ever since the Evo (couldn't handle the lag) and that's why I like the MINI so much... But I certainly don't have any torque either I just have a turbo the size of a diet coke can instead of a newborn human. I love my boost but don't love lag. It's why I'd love a 335, 135 or 911 Turbo one day... twin turbos on a 6-cyl motor...
Old May 11, 2012, 10:04 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^ or a B5 S4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5Dk3...&feature=g-upl
370awhp 420awtq, 24 psi taper to 20, at 6,500 ft elevation.
K04's, stage 3 AWE fueling, AWE intercoolers, techtonics dp's, borla cat-back.
Old May 11, 2012, 11:26 AM
Evolved Member

You guys are a bunch of vaginas!! Big turbos rule
I actually like big turbos because cruising around you never get into boost. So it's just like cruising a civic lol
Old May 11, 2012, 11:33 AM
Evolving Member

I am no stranger to big turboes and I will tell you they suck. Although the rush of power is exciting, the calm before the storm is lackluster.
Old May 11, 2012, 01:51 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by PCSkiBum_21
^ or a B5 S4
I doubt I would ever buy an Audi, especially considering the competitive alternatives. Same with VW. Seen way too many issues which are always way too expensive to repair. But yes, that would fall under the same category. Also the is350, especially when the is350 awd comes out... Hell, if Lexus had the is350 in awd 3-4 years ago then that is probably what I'd have right now. Instead of having bounced around. Almost bought a 335xi but the 335xi drove/performed so much worse than the 335i because it wasn't designed as "sporty."

Originally Posted by silverofs
You guys are a bunch of vaginas!! Big turbos rule
I actually like big turbos because cruising around you never get into boost. So it's just like cruising a civic lol
I actually agree... But for a dd or the track/autox (the two things I do most) then I prefer nice smooth powerband with good low-end... However, having a second (or 3rd, which would probably be my case) fun car like a high hp Supra or something with a huge turbo would also be fun. If I could have any reasonably priced 3 cars (meaning nothing over... like 50k) I'd probably have a 335/135 or similar as my dd, an S2000 for fun/drop top, and probably a Supra for stupid hp (and because I've always loved the looks of the Supra but couldn't ever justify buying one as my only car, since... they're pieces of ****)

Edit: Cancel what I said about the 350... I swear they were making them turbo too but I guess not. So lame. I definitely don't ever want a dd without FI.

Last edited by UT_Evo; May 11, 2012 at 01:56 PM.
Old May 11, 2012, 02:15 PM
Evolved Member

I'm going to say it is the most fun car I have driven. First gear is useless lol. I was sad getting into the evo. My evo is faster, but the 240 is hands down the funner of the two.

Post up the go-pro-ness !

Apparently I wasn't driving hard enough yesterday, I am the only one out my group that didn't spin out lol. I will be doing the rear diff mod soon, there is nothing like having some tail-out fun :-)
Kinda like my car. My e36 M3 is quick for NA for being a 95 but it is not fast by any means. Still tho I just love driving it so much

Originally Posted by bullfrg
Do want!!
+1

I have been thinking I need more power on my RWD to make it even funner

A RX7 or 240 with a LS swap would be the only way I could own one of those two cars

I had raced a 240 with a Turboed LS in it many years ago in my Evo and it walked all over me Opened my eyes it did

Originally Posted by UT_Evo
Not necessarily. I have the low-rpm power bug ever since the Evo (couldn't handle the lag) and that's why I like the MINI so much... But I certainly don't have any torque either I just have a turbo the size of a diet coke can instead of a newborn human. I love my boost but don't love lag. It's why I'd love a 335, 135 or 911 Turbo one day... twin turbos on a 6-cyl motor...
I would love a 335i Jake Maybe one day I will have one. I still haven't driven one yet ether A M1 would be a fun one I am sure.

I am no stranger to big turboes and I will tell you they suck. Although the rush of power is exciting, the calm before the storm is lackluster.
Agreed that turbo lad sucks

It is fun to surprise your passengers though if they are not expecting it
Old May 11, 2012, 02:48 PM
Evolving Member

I will tell you they suck. the calm before the storm is lackluster.
That is a LIE
Old May 11, 2012, 05:50 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Evolution IVGSR
I would love a 335i Jake Maybe one day I will have one. I still haven't driven one yet ether A M1 would be a fun one I am sure.
If you've never driven one I highly recommend you find one (dealer maybe even) and drive it. I wound up driving 3 when I was looking (back when I wound up with the Porsche). One new 335i sport with the auto at BMW here, a used 335xi manual at the same place, and then a 335i regular with manual down in Pleasant Grove. Hahaha. I wanted one so badly but since they were brand new finding a used one the way I wanted was impossible and buying new was like 5-10k too expensive (depending on how "cheap" I went with options.

I wonder if the xi just didn't have the sport package on it and that's why it didn't feel as sporty as the 335i, the one in Pleasant Grove I drove a lot later in my search. Seriously most fun "grown up" car I've ever driven (minus the Porsche, which is kind of out of the question...)
Old May 11, 2012, 10:31 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by UT_Evo
If you've never driven one I highly recommend you find one (dealer maybe even) and drive it. I wound up driving 3 when I was looking (back when I wound up with the Porsche). One new 335i sport with the auto at BMW here, a used 335xi manual at the same place, and then a 335i regular with manual down in Pleasant Grove. Hahaha. I wanted one so badly but since they were brand new finding a used one the way I wanted was impossible and buying new was like 5-10k too expensive (depending on how "cheap" I went with options.

I wonder if the xi just didn't have the sport package on it and that's why it didn't feel as sporty as the 335i, the one in Pleasant Grove I drove a lot later in my search. Seriously most fun "grown up" car I've ever driven (minus the Porsche, which is kind of out of the question...)
Cool thanks for the info. I will have to check on out soon then at the PG Dealer when I swing by to say hi to a friend From what I have noticed in BMW's is from the normal to the sports package ones. There is a difference
Old May 12, 2012, 09:22 PM
Evolving Member

Anyone here want to trade for some leather seats from the SSL package? I am looking for some Evo 8 cloth seats.
Old May 12, 2012, 10:09 PM
Evolving Member

How about right in the middle ? Evo ix seats?
Old May 12, 2012, 10:14 PM

My buddy is considering an evo after mine made me look like a race god on WOW. Anyone know who's evo this is or any history with it?

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?sid=0&n...iew&ad=8556278
Old May 12, 2012, 11:42 PM
Evolving Member

That one is pretty. Tell him he wants mine.. 17.5K... And Mine is alot faster lol

Quick Reply: ***Official UT Chat Thread***