Notices
West Region Includes AZ, CA, HI, NV, UT.

D1 Grand Prix 2004!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2004, 03:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking D1 Grand Prix 2004!

Ok its that time again! Feb. 28 2004 is the official date of the 2004 season Round 1 of D1 GP! Thats right official Round 1 for the D1 GP! This years D1 GP in the US is now part of the D1GP competition which starts here in California then onto the remaining 6 D1 tracks in Japan.

If you're a drift nut or just interested in what drifting is all about i have to encourage you to go to this event! it will definately tell you wether or not you like drifting or not! This is the best event to watch for drifting action!

Last years D1 USA was only exhibition and only had the majority of the Pro's this year US D1GP is part of the 7 rounds of D1GP so we expect atleast 30 drifting teams to appear! rain or shine yep 30 teams/cars! thats twice as many than last years event! We also have two new competitors in the D1 series we have now welcomed RE-Amemiya and their D1 Spec RX7 along with Veilsides D1 Spec S15! drivers are still to be announced but this years event should be a very exciting one since new companies are joining in on the drifting sensation!

on the US side I'm sorry to inform you guys that this years D1 will not have any new US competitors besides the ones from last year. Rules state that a driver search is required in order to allow a driver to compete in the up coming years D1 GPs but due to the severe time limitations before the US D1 event next month there will be no US Drivers search for the 2004 season.

I wouldn't worry since we are being represented by a good hand full of drivers here in the US 1 being Mitsubishi's own rally driver Rhys Millen!

Go here WWW.D1GP.COM for more information

pre-sale tickets are available and i suggest you get them soon! seats are limited! pre-sale is $25 compared to the regular $30 at the door and if you wait to pay at the day of the event you better get there at the break of dawn because tickets will most likely be near of selling out! order now so you are sure to make it in the show.

also for those of you who are lazy and park close to the track i would suggest getting there really early kus the parking lot gets full quick...if you happen to get there at by the time its full there are some business buildings down the street just over the bridge which have available parking spaces...be aware and read signs so you wont get ticketed!
Old Jan 23, 2004, 10:28 AM
Evolving Member

WOOOHOOO, just got my tickets for it!!! i went last aug. and i promised myself that i'm definately going on the next one!!! man, it was a blast...TANIGUCHI RULES...eventhough he ended up losing(bigtime) in the end!!! anyways, i'm definately THERE!!!
Old Jan 23, 2004, 10:40 AM
Evolved Member

also like i said from last years D1GP i highly suggest bringing your own...

1. Sunblock lotion - there is limited area at the track thats shaded

2. light clothes

3. Water and lots of it! water is 2-3 dollars for a small bottle and if i remember right last years D1GP ran out of water bottles and sold small cups for 1 dollar!

4. Bring your own beer if you have a back pack you can hide all that stuff inside...obviously the beer should be placed at the bottom.

5. 2 way radios if you go in a big group of people. last years event i went with 2 other guys so three of us in total and we all ended up getting split up and getting lost luckily we had 2 ways with us and found ourselves.

6. lots of film and a marker or other things you'd like to get signed by the drivers...this is the best time to get autographs and photos taken.