Notices
WORKS - California WORKS is a tuning shop that specializes in the Lancer Evolution. They in-house design performance products for the Evo, so if you have a request come on in and let them know! [Visit Site]

WORKS Camber Plates

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2004, 03:07 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Kayaalp
How come I can't seem to find the "Ride" springs listed anywhere on your website? I'm interested in these springs + camber plates for now (and maybe the rear sway).

Emre
OK, it's official: http://www.worksevo.com/store/produc...products_id=71

Sounds like you may be quite interested in the WORKS Stage II Suspension Package
Old Nov 23, 2004, 03:12 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,038 Likes on 760 Posts
Originally Posted by Jamie@WORKS
I see some similarities, but I can assure you the WORKS camber plates are not JICs.
gold anodized the same. check
shape the same. check
pillow ball mounts and stud bolts design the same, check

why did WORKS choose gold over all the other colors to make them? What other company make gold camber plates?
Old Nov 23, 2004, 05:37 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by razorlab
gold anodized the same. check
shape the same. check
pillow ball mounts and stud bolts design the same, check

why did WORKS choose gold over all the other colors to make them? What other company make gold camber plates?
I think JIC must be getting theirs from WORKS

Like I said, there are similarities, but there are some obvious differences:
*The finish is not the same (especially on the first pic you show)
*The index marks are doubled up on one side with the JIC with the 0 notation on the outer edge. The WORKS camber plates are indexed on each side of the center opening along with the 0 mark and do not have any index beyond the openings for the bolts.
*The alignment mark on the pillowball portion of the JIC is on top while the WORKS unit has the mark along the side to better match the aforementioned index marks.
*There is a rather significant gap at the main opening with the JICs while the plate of the WORKS unit is larger.

Lastly, the gold color was chosen in conjunction with the WORKS/Ohlins suspension packages and we though it goes quite well. As an added touch, we added the blue buttonhead bolts to better match the spring perches of the coilovers.

I hope this is enough and the issue can be laid to rest
Old Nov 23, 2004, 06:03 PM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by Jamie@WORKS
I think JIC must be getting theirs from WORKS

Like I said, there are similarities, but there are some obvious differences:
*The finish is not the same (especially on the first pic you show)
*The index marks are doubled up on one side with the JIC with the 0 notation on the outer edge. The WORKS camber plates are indexed on each side of the center opening along with the 0 mark and do not have any index beyond the openings for the bolts.
*The alignment mark on the pillowball portion of the JIC is on top while the WORKS unit has the mark along the side to better match the aforementioned index marks.
*There is a rather significant gap at the main opening with the JICs while the plate of the WORKS unit is larger.

Lastly, the gold color was chosen in conjunction with the WORKS/Ohlins suspension packages and we though it goes quite well. As an added touch, we added the blue buttonhead bolts to better match the spring perches of the coilovers.

I hope this is enough and the issue can be laid to rest
I was actually curious to see if they really where JIC plates that you rebranded. Like what you guys do with cams and such.

I now notice that your camber adjustment openings are shorter than the JIC's. What's the max negative camber you can get out of these?
Old Nov 29, 2004, 07:15 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by razorlab
I was actually curious to see if they really where JIC plates that you rebranded. Like what you guys do with cams and such.

I now notice that your camber adjustment openings are shorter than the JIC's. What's the max negative camber you can get out of these?
Why do you have to be an ******* and try to blow them up? Obviously WORKS isn't a manufacturer, just like PRODRiVE doesn't make anything themselves for Subarus. They find the best manufacturer they can and have the parts made to their specs. Sounds reasonable to me. They are a business. Do you complain that ground control had Eibach make their springs for them? Do you complain that Vishnu rebadges their "xede"? I'm glad you are such a well educated consumer, but what is your point? There are usually only a handfull of manufacturers for any industry. You think JIC makes nuts and bolts for their camber plates as well as the foam for their race seats?
Old Nov 29, 2004, 08:57 AM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by sir lurks alot
Why do you have to be an ******* and try to blow them up? Obviously WORKS isn't a manufacturer, just like PRODRiVE doesn't make anything themselves for Subarus. They find the best manufacturer they can and have the parts made to their specs. Sounds reasonable to me. They are a business. Do you complain that ground control had Eibach make their springs for them? Do you complain that Vishnu rebadges their "xede"? I'm glad you are such a well educated consumer, but what is your point? There are usually only a handfull of manufacturers for any industry. You think JIC makes nuts and bolts for their camber plates as well as the foam for their race seats?
Oh hush. I was asking because I am curious. Can't I be curious about potential parts that might be on my car?
Old Nov 29, 2004, 12:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If you look closer at the shape, you can see that the JICs are shaped different than the WORKS plates. The WORKS plate uses has larger radiuses on the corners. The lengths of the edges are also different.