Notices
04-06 Ralliart Engine/Drivetrain (no forced induction)

New Reflash on the way!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2014, 08:40 AM
Evolved Member

Received 36 Likes on 36 Posts
Woot!!!!!! :d
Old Nov 25, 2014, 10:28 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by rafa.ralliart
Hey I have a 04 ralliart and im looking for a ecu reflash but I dont find nothing someone can help
Drop me a PM I can get you going on the New Flash. I have a rental program so you can rent the equipment to keep costs down, actually a set of the rental equipment is on the way to Texas, there are few Eclipse and a few Base 2008+Lancers getting tuned over the next few weeks.

Adding some final touches the other day. The new flash is great! As my daily driver and fun car, I have some better fuel mileage and a bit more power. Kept an eye on the MPG on a couple drives and it sat around 32-34 on the highway.

I have not gotten to fully experience a pull from stop as we have entered the rainy season over here, but from a roll it pulls pretty hard through all the gears. Very happy with the results.

My car had it's own speshal moments during the whole process but OttRalliart05 was crazy helpful and went above and beyond customer service wise, especially considering I am on the other side of the continent.
Glad it worked out for you. Once you get the "special Moments" ironed out l me know and we can do some more tuning.

Last edited by OttRalliart05; Nov 25, 2014 at 10:32 AM.
Old Nov 26, 2014, 07:40 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by OttRalliart05
Glad it worked out for you. Once you get the "special Moments" ironed out l me know and we can do some more tuning.
Well I ordered a new thermostat and upstream O2 sensor, should help me with some of the issues.

Oh and it was dry yesterday. It's really fun
Old Nov 26, 2014, 07:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
I like how the fun stuff happens AFTER I get rid of the car -_-
Old Nov 27, 2014, 12:53 AM
Evolved Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by lbwilliams44
Oh and it was dry yesterday. It's really fun
Oh but laddy, ye must experience a wee bit a boost, lest ye can had the REAL fun:

Old Nov 27, 2014, 05:32 AM
Evolved Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by truthdweller
Oh but laddy, ye must experience a wee bit a boost, lest ye can had the REAL fun:
i second!
Old Nov 30, 2014, 07:44 PM
Evolving Member

Boost will come in the future when this is no longer my daily driver. Have a couple fun things left to do before that anyways, and some quirks to work out, like how today I found out that my Fan Control Module that I purchased a month ago is bad. The inside was wired incorrectly, two positive terminals on one plug and two negative on the other , think somebody at the factory was drinking on the job. Both fans still work if I bypass it, which is nice. Warranty or toggle switches!
Old Nov 30, 2014, 09:29 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by lbwilliams44
Boost will come in the future when this is no longer my daily driver. Have a couple fun things left to do before that anyways, and some quirks to work out, like how today I found out that my Fan Control Module that I purchased a month ago is bad. The inside was wired incorrectly, two positive terminals on one plug and two negative on the other , think somebody at the factory was drinking on the job. Both fans still work if I bypass it, which is nice. Warranty or toggle switches!
Some encouragement...I spent 11 months turbocharging my daily driver and it was out of service for only two months out of that 11. Did you catch that, the last 2 months! That means I was able to drive my car for 9 months disassembling, drilling, cutting, fitting, and reassembling during the summer AND winter! Yes, I have a spouse who has a second vehicle which I relied on during those last 2 months, but I'm sure there is an alternative. I'm not bragging, I'm just telling you it can be done...

Last edited by truthdweller; Nov 30, 2014 at 09:35 PM.
Old Nov 30, 2014, 09:43 PM
Evolved Member

And oh, I almost forgot...during those first nine months I was also able to enjoy hackish's NA reflash while I was waiting to go turbo!
Old Dec 1, 2014, 03:58 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I found out that my Fan Control Module that I purchased a month ago is bad.
I had the same issue, the module crapped the bed got a replacment and 2-3 months its goes out again...wonderful.
Old Dec 1, 2014, 12:38 PM
Evolved Member

Received 89 Likes on 86 Posts
Originally Posted by truthdweller
Some encouragement...I spent 11 months turbocharging my daily driver and it was out of service for only two months out of that 11. Did you catch that, the last 2 months! That means I was able to drive my car for 9 months disassembling, drilling, cutting, fitting, and reassembling during the summer AND winter! Yes, I have a spouse who has a second vehicle which I relied on during those last 2 months, but I'm sure there is an alternative. I'm not bragging, I'm just telling you it can be done...

mine took over a year to collect and build, and while fitting, modifying, and dicking around, the car always made it back on the road every Monday morning...turbo kit install took about 12 hours or something like that, so I literally had zero downtime...it can be done, I'm not superman...and Gary, you did quite quite well with yours!
Old Dec 1, 2014, 12:47 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by CrAnSwIcK
mine took over a year to collect and build, and while fitting, modifying, and dicking around, the car always made it back on the road every Monday morning...turbo kit install took about 12 hours or something like that, so I literally had zero downtime...it can be done, I'm not superman...and Gary, you did quite quite well with yours!
Well there you have it! You know Garrett, that was the first time I heard that from you. unknowingly, I repeated pretty much exactly what you did, but I relied on a shop to do the last stage!
Old Dec 1, 2014, 03:07 PM
Evolved Member

Ooops!
Old Dec 3, 2014, 08:54 PM
Evolving Member

Turbo install is pending wife approval That's all, she is terrified of turbos. As she has seen one of my cars burst a fuel line and catch on fire (always get braided lines, always) and I may have launched an 800HP GSX without warning her.