Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

It's time to say goodbye to my Ralliart

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2016, 03:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question It's time to say goodbye to my Ralliart

I've worshiped my car since the day I bought it new in May of 2009. I currently have roughly 59k miles on the car, the paint and interior is in near mint condition, and I'm having the hardest time trying to get rid of it. Not because I can't find anyone to buy it, but because I can't find anything to replace it. I'll be forty if I hold onto it for another 7 years and would like to get rid of it sooner rather than later. Anyone go through the same thing? What have you bought to replace it? Did you keep it? Oh and by the way, an evo for a replacement isn't an option. It's been a while since I've hit the forums for advice/input, so please excuse me if this belongs elsewhere.
Old Mar 15, 2016, 06:39 PM
Evolving Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
What kind of car are you looking for?

I can mention a few.

Golf R (APR Stg2 + Downpipe = 11s car)
New Focus RS
New Ford Fusion Sport (2.7lt V6 + AWD Confirmed)
Mustang Turbo 4
Honda Civic Type R will be a very nice track little shark.

There are plenty of very nice choices out there.
Old Mar 19, 2016, 07:35 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I agree with the Focus RS, but only after people have proven the drive train can handle Cobb's Stage 2 mods when they come out. I hear the car was made lighter so the drive train would not break. Even though I do not want to spend $36K on another 4 cylinder car, I would be impressed if the Focus RS could run 11s reliably on the stock clutch and drive line.

That's the only new 4 cylinder car that looks impressive. Especially because it has a 2.3l. We all know there is no replacement for displacement and I am still not sold on the Subaru boxer style engine when it comes to putting it in the 450+ hp range.
Old Mar 20, 2016, 08:15 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by TedMitsu
I've worshiped my car since the day I bought it new in May of 2009. I currently have roughly 59k miles on the car, the paint and interior is in near mint condition, and I'm having the hardest time trying to get rid of it. Not because I can't find anyone to buy it, but because I can't find anything to replace it. I'll be forty if I hold onto it for another 7 years and would like to get rid of it sooner rather than later. Anyone go through the same thing? What have you bought to replace it? Did you keep it? Oh and by the way, an evo for a replacement isn't an option. It's been a while since I've hit the forums for advice/input, so please excuse me if this belongs elsewhere.
Are you just looking to change it up or just thinking in 7 years you'll be an old man and the car would have 100k+ on it?
I've thought of getting rid of my 2014 RA, not for your reasons. Not that I'm tired of it, I really do enjoy driving it even at my old age of 44. I'm more tired of trying to keep a black car clean, it's a never ending battle. All the swirls, scratches, paint chips and trying to keep up. Knew I should of gotten it clear bra'd, but so damn expensive to do. Any who, good luck on what car you come up with.
Old Mar 21, 2016, 06:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by russ72
Are you just looking to change it up or just thinking in 7 years you'll be an old man and the car would have 100k+ on it?
I've thought of getting rid of my 2014 RA, not for your reasons. Not that I'm tired of it, I really do enjoy driving it even at my old age of 44. I'm more tired of trying to keep a black car clean, it's a never ending battle. All the swirls, scratches, paint chips and trying to keep up. Knew I should of gotten it clear bra'd, but so damn expensive to do. Any who, good luck on what car you come up with.
Just get it painted a different color and keep the car! Problem solved!