Notices
ECU Flash

ayc/acd bleeding

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2007, 05:57 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Question ayc/acd bleeding

is it possible to replicate AYC/ACD bleeding technology of the MUT3 mitsubishi tool with openecu cable? maybe someone has done any research in that area?

as you probably know our cars have somewhat weak clutches. when reinstalling them, ACD/AYC bleeding may be necessary. also, the original tool to do that costs somewhat like $5000. i thought this would be of help to many evo owners. please share if you know more on this.
Old Jun 2, 2007, 06:20 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
usdm evo's don't have ayc, im in Scotland myself and my evo runs ayc, theres two parts to ayc/acd servicing:

the diff oil is simple drop old oil - drop new in etc

the oil which needs the mut3 tool is the ayc oil which on 7.8.9s in left side in the boot, this according to mitsu needs to be changed ever 4.5k miles with the mut3 tool.

however that is a load of crap, mitsu only done this 4.5k interval as there was a recall on a particualar issue with ayc on some cars, so as it was cheaper for them and made them more money they changed the ayc service interval from 9k to 4.5k.

even changing the ayc oil every is really not needed, unless you screw your car very badly and i mean like track days where heavy use of ayc is required.

i havent changed my ayc oil for around 10k miles and dont intend to till a further 5-10k, the oil should be a dark purple coloured fluid.

it wont get used so should never need to top up, it gets circulated around the clutch plates hence over time and hard use will devlope small bits from friction, this is when you should change it, but believe me it takes a lot of track days to make this happen.
Old Jun 2, 2007, 07:57 AM
Evolved Member

Received 64 Likes on 48 Posts
Pump the gas 5 times, key on car off. I will look up the thread again but I am pretty sure thats the way to get it to bleed without tools.
Old Jun 2, 2007, 08:30 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
yes, i saw the threads that tell to push the throttle with the ignition on. but well, from what I read on the forums the method suggested doesn't allow for bleeding AYC, only ACD? guess it wont be so necessary for USDM then... but still useful
Old Jun 2, 2007, 12:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
on the models that do have AYC, the ACD/AYC use the same pump.

going full throttle w/ the key on should prime the pump for a few seconds, bleeding this way worked for me when i had the FQ-340 over here.