Notices
Evo How Tos / Installations Post or link to your detailed how to / installation articles in here. If you have any questions regarding the how tos, feel free to post them in the Request sub-forum.

AEM UEGO wideband wiring to ecu

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2008, 11:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by matt55
I used the a empty slot in the fuse block .
Find a slot that powers up with the key on , with a Volt Ohm meter .
how did u tap into the empty slot, u found on the fuse block?did u cut into the wire ?
Old Jul 26, 2008, 06:35 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by streetvision
i used the the fuse box under the dash and got a part called "add a circuit" form autozone which taped in my cigarette lighter fuse, so in the end no cut wires
that sounds like a great idea. i am gonna look for this tomorrow.
Old Jul 31, 2008, 08:30 PM
Evolved Member

where do you guys ground?
Old Aug 1, 2008, 12:30 AM

find a good spot on the chasi and ground there i.
i used a screw that bolts into the metal supporting tha dash, behing my glovebox, and it bolts into the firewall so it worked good, just make sure that there isnt any paint preventing good contact of ur ground wire to the metal
Old Aug 30, 2008, 05:46 AM
bao
Evolving Member

is it safe to tap 3 power lines on that same fuse?reason i asked is that i have 3 gauges im going to install.
Old Sep 12, 2008, 07:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by streetvision
I wired mine up to the cigarette lighter and using a chassis ground,
as for the data logging part i went radio shack and bought the connector it says here

this is the way i did it and it works perfectly
I don't see the reason why you would go through the ecu
Can someone please post the info for the radio shack connector? I'm going to install an AEM Uego soon and would like to be able to log it at some time.
Old Sep 12, 2008, 07:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
NM..... I just realized it was a computer problem not a lack of picture problem (initally all I saw was red X)
Old Feb 22, 2017, 11:22 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 345 Likes on 262 Posts
Bumping this thread back from the dead to confirm one thing:

So in summary, there is no way to wire an AEM UEGO wideband directly into the ecu and have it accurately decipher voltages to AFR readings(No free ADC inputs on the stock ecu.)?

You have to wire the gauges blue wire to the RX pin of an RS-232 and then connect that to a USB to serial converter. Then you plug both the USB end of your serial to USB converter as well as your Tactrixs 1.3U cable into your laptop AT THE SAME TIME whilst Evoscan allows you to select the UEGO wideband you plugged in from a list and add it to your data logs.

Is that right? If so, does EvoScan control the sampling rate so that the log meshes perfectly with AFR readings?

-pal215

Last edited by Pal215; Feb 22, 2017 at 01:47 PM.
Old Feb 22, 2017, 11:54 AM
Evolved Member

Received 126 Likes on 121 Posts
You dont need to do the serial cable BS anymore. If youre attempting to log the AEM via Evoscan the way that I've done it is to tap into your rear o2 sensor circuit. First thing you need to do is shut off your rear o2 and then the circuit is free to use. You'll have to use the correct equation in Evoscan to convert the voltage to AFR readings but its all pretty straightforward.

There are numerous threads on doing this exact thing. It really is very straight forward. I'll search and see if I can find one of the threads that details everything you need the pinouts of the ecu etc and youll be able to easily follow along. Search logging wideband with Evoscan and rear 02 and you should find something. Or ill search. Either way if I understanding what youre trying to do then the good news is that it can be done, very easily and you dont need a serial cable USB converter or any of that extra crap!
Old Feb 22, 2017, 01:46 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 345 Likes on 262 Posts
Originally Posted by heel2toe
You dont need to do the serial cable BS anymore. If youre attempting to log the AEM via Evoscan the way that I've done it is to tap into your rear o2 sensor circuit. First thing you need to do is shut off your rear o2 and then the circuit is free to use. You'll have to use the correct equation in Evoscan to convert the voltage to AFR readings but its all pretty straightforward.

There are numerous threads on doing this exact thing. It really is very straight forward. I'll search and see if I can find one of the threads that details everything you need the pinouts of the ecu etc and youll be able to easily follow along. Search logging wideband with Evoscan and rear 02 and you should find something. Or ill search. Either way if I understanding what youre trying to do then the good news is that it can be done, very easily and you dont need a serial cable USB converter or any of that extra crap!
Thanks heel2toe!

That's great news and simplifies things for me. I'll bet it's in this thread:

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...ut-serial.html

-pal215
Old Feb 22, 2017, 03:01 PM
Evolved Member

Received 126 Likes on 121 Posts
No problem! That thread appears to be for the X not our cars but its the same concept and they should have Evoscan equation info in there.

Take a look at both of these threads. Just be careful with the ecu pinout as its a little different between the VIII vs IX. Also one of those threads is for a lancer not evo but once again youll get the idea.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ec...ial-cable.html
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/la...o-evoscan.html