Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Coilovers for the stanced and the low

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2011, 02:50 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To the OP, get yourself a set of Swift Spec-R springs for your stock Bilsteins before you blow them with your Tein springs. It's not that expensive, and will give you one of the best, most comfortable rides you can get for your Evo. Then save up your pennies and get whatever coilover the show-n-shine guys recommend for that "stanced" look. You'll then have a direct back-to-back comparison, and can make your own decision as to whether you prefer a hellaflush pogostick or a comfortable, well handling car.

l8r)
Old Jun 21, 2011, 02:53 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by TougeGod7
just delete ur evom account and go to one of the hellaflush forums were everybody will think ur hella kool an $hit yo
I love how people on here are so quick to judge (the downfall of this forum). FYI, I dislike the whole stretch tire/stance stuff and don't really care what people do to their evo's or cars in general as it is THEIR car after all and they will do what makes them happy as do you and I.

BTW I'm on 17x9.5 enkei rpf1 with correct fitment 255 size DD star spec's on GTWorx springs. Thanks for judging me anyway, it was fun.
Old Jun 21, 2011, 03:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by theEVOdream
I love how people on here are so quick to judge (the downfall of this forum). FYI, I dislike the whole stretch tire/stance stuff and don't really care what people do to their evo's or cars in general as it is THEIR car after all and they will do what makes them happy as do you and I.

BTW I'm on 17x9.5 enkei rpf1 with correct fitment 255 size DD star spec's on GTWorx springs. Thanks for judging me anyway, it was fun.
he was obviously talking to the OP. This sub-forum is geared towards improving your handling instead of making it worse so I say flame on. Don't get me wrong though as a hellaflush look is pretty sweet but it must have a little meat on it. For a 9.5" wheel I thought my 255's were small. My car started off hellaflush and ended up hellfunctional and now I win medals.
Old Jun 21, 2011, 03:54 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by RevMoto
he was obviously talking to the OP. This sub-forum is geared towards improving your handling instead of making it worse so I say flame on. Don't get me wrong though as a hellaflush look is pretty sweet but it must have a little meat on it. For a 9.5" wheel I thought my 255's were small. My car started off hellaflush and ended up hellfunctional and now I win medals.
lol my comment was geared toward the op, like you stated, and the rest of the hellaflush guys that have been popping up lately +1 on feeling the 255 would be 2 small for a 9.5" wheel. running a 255/35 *spec on my 18x9.5" nt03s and they have a very very small stretch, luckily *specs run a little wide, and they feel really good, especially compared to when i was running a 255 *spec on the stock bbs'
Old Jun 21, 2011, 04:05 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by TougeGod7
lol my comment was geared toward the op, like you stated, and the rest of the hellaflush guys that have been popping up lately +1 on feeling the 255 would be 2 small for a 9.5" wheel. running a 255/35 *spec on my 18x9.5" nt03s and they have a very very small stretch, luckily *specs run a little wide, and they feel really good, especially compared to when i was running a 255 *spec on the stock bbs'
oh ha! it's just you quoted my post...I dunno anyhoo...yeah the star specs are great! almost lost it today coming home from work on a nice little circular on ramp with these babies. Of course, it was on a closed course because I work at a track....
Old Jun 21, 2011, 04:06 PM
Evolved Member

The CT9A chassis is also 100 times more stiff than VW or most cars that get dumped. Not just the chassis but everything bolted to it is stiff and strong. The only ride comfort you can achieve is through the coilovers/wheels/tire size- in other words it will not be comfortable the route you're headed. Most of those other cars have noodle- chassis' that soak up a lot of the vibrations and bumps. Just something to think about, but it is your car do what you want with it dude!
Old Jun 21, 2011, 04:15 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by theEVOdream
oh ha! it's just you quoted my post...I dunno anyhoo...yeah the star specs are great! almost lost it today coming home from work on a nice little circular on ramp with these babies. Of course, it was on a closed course because I work at a track....
lol i just saw someone saying they wanted a hellaflush section so i jumped on it with certified hellafail hater status yeah those onramps onto "tracks" always put a smile on my face + its a good way to test out how a tire will react getting close to its limits. my fav thing about the *spec is how it tells u waaay before it lets go and when it does its super controllable, especially now that its slightly stretched it lets go smoother and doesn't get chewed up like it did when it was on the bbs'
Old Jun 21, 2011, 04:34 PM
Evolved Member

This thread makes me want to cry.....
Old Jun 21, 2011, 05:00 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by goforwand
This thread makes me want to cry.....
so you have a Porsche Cayenne "tow vehicle" I hate you
Old Jun 23, 2011, 03:24 PM

thanks for all the replies

ill try posting this thread in the show & shine section as suggested.
Old Jun 23, 2011, 05:42 PM
Evolved Member

Just wondering what tein springs or tanabe springs go that low as the Evo. In the op?
It looks pretty darn slammed as it sits. Maybe dropped more than 2.5"
Old Jun 24, 2011, 09:01 AM
FJF
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
As this thread is pretty much over...

Someone shot me a link to a discussion on the RSX forum. While there, I decided to have a look at their suspension board. Here is an example of a typical thread. I thought we had it bad. This really puts things in perspective.