Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

Best AYC fix? Relocation?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2015, 05:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Best AYC fix? Relocation?

Hi Guys,

I just bought a 2015 Evo X GSR. Its currently sitting at 1500km's, its going to be my year round car and will be driven regularly in the winter in -30C and on salted roads. Already planning on washing it regularly but I'd like to make sure my AYC lasts and I'd rather not deal with warranty issues since I will be modded by next summer.

Is the current best solution the relocation kit? Or is siliconing it and getting a cover sufficient?

I searched a lot and read everything I could find, I'm currently leaning towards just getting the relocation kit so I don't have to worry about it and especially since my pump is still new. Any suggestions?

Thanks
Old Jul 28, 2015, 06:08 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I would just get a cover and call it a day. Silicon or relocation would void your warranty just in case you do have to use it. Find a mod friendly dealer if that happens.
Old Jul 28, 2015, 06:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
From what i've read online regarding warranty though it seems like if I have engine mods they probably wont cover it anyways?

Also, any suggestions for a cover?

Thanks man
Old Jul 30, 2015, 05:20 AM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
i got mine warrantied even tho i have a downpipe and aftermarket tune. My dealer knew that the pump going out had nothing to do with the basic power/suspension mods i did. I also live in Texas so i'm sure they don't do many of these reacalls. Slap some rubberized undercoating around the pump, seal up that little box, and if it still goes out just go to a dealership that will work with you. We have untill 100k now on these pumps, right??