Notices
Evo X Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Need help after pad/rotor change!!!

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2017, 11:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need help after pad/rotor change!!!

I have been searching for hours and have not found anybody with the same issue as me.

I changed all 4 rotors and pads on my 08 MR to giro disk 2 piece rotors and magic pads with shims and all is good except for one. On the rear driver side wheel well there is a horrible ticking/clicking/clunking noise and I can hear ticking coming from the e brake area when inside the cabin. It happens both on and off the brake pedal. It sounds so bad I didn't even feel comfortable going further than the edge of my driveway so I reversed it back in the garage. Took everything apart to make sure it was installed correctly and I could not find any issues with it! Everything looks to be right and everything torqued to spec.

The rotors were kind of seized on so I took an M8 1.25 bolt and un seized them. Did not force them off and replaced all rotors with the e brake NOT engaged.

Please tell me someone one could possibly know what's wrong! Thanks in advance.

Last edited by CodyJamesBitxh; Feb 7, 2017 at 11:30 PM.
Old Feb 8, 2017, 05:32 AM
Evolving Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
The only thing that comes to mind is to check the adjustment of the parking brake. I've got a similar clunk/tick noise on my '00 Civic when I depress the brake hard, which has rear drums, so it may be an unadjusted shoe? (Experience: none)
Old Feb 8, 2017, 05:43 AM
Evolving Member

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
^ this.

Pull the rotor back off real quick and make sure one of the tension springs in your drum assembly didn't accidentally get pulled off.

-asher
Old Feb 8, 2017, 06:02 AM
Evolving Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Magic pads are no bueno to be honest. Speaking from first hand experience.
I would seriously consider replacing those with Girodisc SS or Ferodo DS2500. I know they're more expensive, but worth it. Unless you literally granny all day err day.
Old Feb 9, 2017, 07:13 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I say take off the rotter and the hat spray hub with brake cleaner, then inspect the e-brake assembly. A good thing to do is look at the e-brake shoes while your there, look for any thing loose or rocks small pebbles. You would be amazed at what will make the biggest sounds. Spray the hat roter and pads as u put everything back, try and keep your oily hands off all brake components, I know this sounds remedial but detail counts here.