Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Thinking about moving from STi to Evo -- going straight for big power package too

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2017, 10:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thinking about moving from STi to Evo -- going straight for big power package too

Hello,

Long time Subaru guy here, on my second STi. Currently tuned to a stage 2, with minor aero mods, wheels, suspension, etc.

Love the car and most importantly, love the subaru community.

That being said, always loved the power that Evo's generated, ever since my tuner took me for a ride in this 100% stock looking e85 450whp monster. I was hooked.

So, I'm looking at moving into an Evo, likely a 2015 since the dealers still have them in stock, and going with the AMS STX500 package. ... Now I've read reviews (or what I could find) on this package and some seem to argue over the turbo (might be better options) and that the package is also somewhat overpriced (paying for the AMS name).

I like the package because it's all inclusive and adds upwards of 200whp on 93 octane. I don't have the option of doing e85 since I live in brooklyn and that's (e85 stations) mostly located in long island.

Anyone have feedback on my thoughts? Just wanted to get this out there to see what others thing. Thanks in advance.
Old Jan 30, 2017, 12:08 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1,384 Likes on 1,317 Posts
Hello & welcome

Great to have you join us w/your STI experience

Im a EvO9 owner, so not the best in EvO10 advice. This forum link below would be helpful in understanding what Mods were done & their repsective results

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...o-results-298/
Old Jan 30, 2017, 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by MinusPrevious
Hello & welcome

Great to have you join us w/your STI experience

Im a EvO9 owner, so not the best in EvO10 advice. This forum link below would be helpful in understanding what Mods were done & their repsective results

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...o-results-298/
Thanks man! Will def give a read through of the mods to see what power gains resulted.
Thanks.
Old Jan 30, 2017, 12:27 PM
Evolved Member

Received 233 Likes on 209 Posts
love the screen name though, lol!
Old Jan 30, 2017, 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by kyoo
love the screen name though, lol!
Thanks man! heh
Old Jan 30, 2017, 01:46 PM
Evolving Member

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts
Biggest thing to keep in mind is that the 2015s don't come with the recaro seats, they have base lancer seats.

And coming from someone who owns a 2015 and had recaros installed for a bit, it is a MASSIVE difference in the driving experience.

So either look for a 2014, or be prepared to find some recaros to put into the 2015 asap.
Old Jan 30, 2017, 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by Epyon
Biggest thing to keep in mind is that the 2015s don't come with the recaro seats, they have base lancer seats.

And coming from someone who owns a 2015 and had recaros installed for a bit, it is a MASSIVE difference in the driving experience.

So either look for a 2014, or be prepared to find some recaros to put into the 2015 asap.
Thanks - I was thinking about Bride low max's too. But yeah I thought the seats looked like **** in the images I saw online. Thanks for clarifying.
Old Jan 30, 2017, 01:50 PM
Evolving Member

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts
No problem, though the lancer seats are rather comfy as far as regular sedan seats. Nice fabric and decent padding, but the head rest sucks and the side/leg bolsters are basically non-existent compared to the recaros.

In a corner or on/off ramp you'll be bracing your leg against the door or center console to hold still, where as the recaros will hug you, hold you, and never let go.
Old Jan 30, 2017, 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by Epyon
No problem, though the lancer seats are rather comfy as far as regular sedan seats. Nice fabric and decent padding, but the head rest sucks and the side/leg bolsters are basically non-existent compared to the recaros.

In a corner or on/off ramp you'll be bracing your leg against the door or center console to hold still, where as the recaros will hug you, hold you, and never let go.
I can imagine. My STi seats are pretty great for keeping you planted. I'd want my Evo seats to do the same. Thanks for the feedback.
Old Feb 7, 2017, 03:48 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Welcome to the dark side.
Old Feb 7, 2017, 04:53 AM
Evolving Member

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts
You have any pics of your STi? I'm in Brooklyn, might have seen yours.
Old Feb 7, 2017, 06:39 AM

Originally Posted by fafaforza
You have any pics of your STi? I'm in Brooklyn, might have seen yours.
Attached! (I think)
Attached Thumbnails Thinking about moving from STi to Evo -- going straight for big power package too-img_5420.jpg