Notices
General Engine Management / Tuning Forum Discuss general EMS tuning concepts that do not pertain to a specfic brand or product.

tunning experts please read my concern

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2007, 08:05 PM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
tunning experts please drop a message with you knowlege

guys i have done my homework about this and i do not seem to come to a concrete conclussion.

i am a little confussed here when it comes to modding my stock Evo ix, for example like dropping in a perrin drop-in filter and a cat back and maybe eliminating the cat (live in florida don't need emmisions,, might still get a high flow cat to be conservative),
? does one really need to tune the ecu with the change of any minumum mod,,?? or not ???

atleast could you guide me to some info about MAP sensor MAF ect ect .... even a book that i can get buy,, to learn the theory about this

Last edited by apagan01; Apr 29, 2007 at 08:43 AM.
Old Apr 27, 2007, 08:10 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You don't need a tune with just a drop in and a cat delete, but you would gain a lot from it. Even stock you would gain quite a bit with a tune.
Old Apr 27, 2007, 08:11 PM
Evolved Member

when you do anything to your car to make performance changes its always recommended that you have a tune of some sort, not necessary for drop in filters but good idea if you decided to do a hfc or test pipe and cbe, and the change of filter to allow more airflow
Old May 5, 2007, 05:31 AM
Account Disabled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
with the new parts you're going to be moving more air through the engine at the same pressure, so now the ecu is going to see more load at peak boost and go into a section of the stock timing map that has very little timing. Many people find that the car will feel flat during the intial boost spike because of this.

I'm getting setup as we speak to be a silver vendor here, PM me when you're ready to get a new flash done and I have some info about my method here: http://www.racevideoforums.com/forum...ead.php?t=1546

Last edited by Mellon Racing; May 5, 2007 at 01:09 PM.
Old May 5, 2007, 05:58 AM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by apagan01
guys i have done my homework about this and i do not seem to come to a concrete conclussion.

i am a little confussed here when it comes to modding my stock Evo ix, for example like dropping in a perrin drop-in filter and a cat back and maybe eliminating the cat (live in florida don't need emmisions,, might still get a high flow cat to be conservative),
? does one really need to tune the ecu with the change of any minumum mod,,?? or not ???

atleast could you guide me to some info about MAP sensor MAF ect ect .... even a book that i can get buy,, to learn the theory about this
Drop in filter and catback will improve performance. Reflashing will extract additional power.

There is not smog testing in FL.

You should check us out as we are in your local market and have a proven track record in FL heat and humidity mapping.
Old May 5, 2007, 07:13 AM
Evolved Member

Reflashing alone will net you between 20 and 30 hp on evo IX.