Notices
Lancer Aftermarket Forced Induction Tech Discuss forced induction related specs and upgrades for custom aftermarket setups.

Jake's 06 ES Lancer Build

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2015, 08:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'll try redownloading the tephra rom and transfer my injector values over and see what happens.
Old Apr 1, 2015, 07:19 AM
Evolved Member

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by jakermeister
I cleaned them. I'm not sure what it can be. Maybe I need a better ground for my wideband? I was reading it could be that. But I've tried a higher injector scaling and lower injector scaling and nothing seems to richen if up at all. I think I'll check for exhaust leaks tomorrow morning and see if I find anything.
Is the ground of your wideband directly on the chasis? If you use a ground wire spliced for your wideband ground its going to freak out and go full lean randomly
Old Apr 1, 2015, 07:48 AM
Evolved Member

It's grounded with the fuse box. I don't didn't see any exhaust leaks this morning. Maybe I need to clean my maf? I did have it in a ziplock during storage. I'll try cleaning the maf this weekend. Tomorrow my girlfriend is being induced.
Old Apr 1, 2015, 08:23 AM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
It's grounded with the fuse box. I don't didn't see any exhaust leaks this morning. Maybe I need to clean my maf? I did have it in a ziplock during storage. I'll try cleaning the maf this weekend. Tomorrow my girlfriend is being induced.
You might also want to go back over the wiring you did when you extended the wires for the front o2 sensor. Make sure it's wired properly and all the connections are secured and nothing is exposed or grounding out
Old Apr 1, 2015, 08:42 AM
Evolved Member

I think i will do that. It's a closed loop problem and the o2 sensor controls the closed loop idle and cruise. I'll look the wiring over again tonight. I'll do another exhaust leak test as well. This morning I was a bit rushed but I drove the car to work. My open loop kept me about 13.5 afr on the way to work. A bit richer than I'd like but it's better than running 18 afr. Lol
Old Apr 1, 2015, 08:19 PM
Evolved Member

Ok so I redid the wiring on my o2 sensor and it's still lean. I'm thinking maybe I got a lemon for a new o2 sensor? I'll try ordering one next week. Tomorrow I'll be busy and won't have anything to update. I'm not sure why it's lean. I'll try cleaning the maf next week as well.
Old Apr 2, 2015, 09:04 AM
Evolved Member

Ok so I redid the wiring on my o2 sensor and it's still lean. I'm thinking maybe I got a lemon for a new o2 sensor? I'll try ordering one next week. Tomorrow I'll be busy and won't have anything to update. I'm not sure why it's lean. I'll try cleaning the maf next week as well.
I wouldnt clean my maf if i were you iv had problems doing that even with maf cleaner
Old Apr 2, 2015, 10:45 AM
Evolved Member

Ok. I'll probably replace my front o2 sensor. Can someone upload a log of their o2 sensor and fuel injector trims? I feel like my front o2 is all over the place. I'm wanting to compare mine to someone else's.
Old Apr 2, 2015, 12:18 PM
Evolved Member

Ok. I'll probably replace my front o2 sensor. Can someone upload a log of their o2 sensor and fuel injector trims? I feel like my front o2 is all over the place. I'm wanting to compare mine to someone else's.
The evoscan is kinda weird for me when i log it too....but my car runs fine
Old Apr 2, 2015, 12:24 PM
Evolved Member

I just want to compare o2 feedback. Mine seems to bounce around but my idle doesn't seem to be affected when it's moving. Just ordered another o2 sensor. It'll probably be here Monday so I'll see if that fixes my idle.
Old Apr 7, 2015, 03:27 PM
Evolved Member

Small update. Finally got a chance to work on my car. I ordered a new o2 sensor thinking that was the problem but my idle and cruise is still lean. I got around to thinking about the problem and figured it's one of three things : evo maf, front o2 sensor, and evo 8 /9 fuel pump. Since I've just replaced the o2 sensor I'm ruling that out. I've also ruled out my wideband. It was reading my idle and cruise fine before boosting. So I'm ordering a used evo x fuel pump to try next. I scored one for $35. Putting in the evo 8/9 fuel pump I remembered it had a hard time fitting, so I'm 75% sure this is my problem. When the pump kicks into high I get enough fuel but not in the low setting. If the evo x pump is a dud I can always try my stock pump. I'd rather just drop the evo pump in and just fix the problem. I'm hoping that pump comes in a couple of days. If it's not the fuel pump it's the maf, and if it's the maf I can mess with the compensation tables to get a band aid fix. I'll update yall then.
Old Apr 7, 2015, 04:59 PM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
You should have just got a new walbro 255. But fuel pressure shouldn't be the issue at cruise and idle. If you were having lean issues at WOT I'd say that's a good possibility. Also, have you tried your stock rom with scalings, latencys and maf scalings. I'm willing to bet it's a rom issues. A lot of guys with evo 9s had similar issues you are having
Old Apr 8, 2015, 07:28 AM
Evolved Member

Haven't tried the stock rom yet. I have a evo 8 walbro in the car now. If was a super tight fit. I'm guessing it's the fuel pump though. I think I'll try road spikes big maps next. I tried to put the evo maf settings into it and it wouldn't take it though.
Old Apr 9, 2015, 01:57 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 02modlanceroz
You should have just got a new walbro 255. But fuel pressure shouldn't be the issue at cruise and idle. If you were having lean issues at WOT I'd say that's a good possibility. Also, have you tried your stock rom with scalings, latencys and maf scalings. I'm willing to bet it's a rom issues. A lot of guys with evo 9s had similar issues you are having
I totaly agree with that im sure it's a programmation issue...if you're having good afr at WOT and when cruising you shouldn't even be concerned about it...as i said a thoulsand times now a lean idle is no issue and is even better for fuel economy.
Old Apr 9, 2015, 02:11 PM
Evolved Member

But I don't have a good afr at cruising and idle though. It's 18+ afr. It's a bit concerning cruising with it that high. I do get good afr at wot but I feel like there's a bit of lag when trying to steadily climb. I had a friend go on a cruise with me and he also noticed the bog until the fuel pump really kicks in. I don't want to half *** it and pay the price with a blown engine. It could also be a rom issue. I've tried lowering the injector scaling and upping the injector latencys but that didn't see to help. I'm going to try this pump last and if it's not that I'll try another rom?

Quick Reply: Jake's 06 ES Lancer Build