Notices
Lancer How Tos / Installations Post or link to your detailed how to / installation articles in here. If you have any questions regarding the how tos, feel free to post them in in the Request sub-forum.

How to: Evo 8 front conversion swap

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2011, 09:51 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Jogenmaru
Oh yea in the meantime, all you guys drivin evos that have something bad to say about this please stay out. He plans on buying an evo later (hopefully next year). Please keep it positive and no bashing please.
I hear you, this is what I used to drive before I recently bought my evo.

I used to have evo 4 sideskirts, rear bumper, rear wing and I had an evo 5 front bumper that I never got round to putting on (couldn't be bothered dealing with the wide fenders and such).

Your car looks great, keep up the good work.
Old May 15, 2011, 07:56 AM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by turbotime
There is nothing to be shocked about. This info has been available for years now. All pics and quotes I provided are from past threads from here on evom. I also offered to sell you my spare parts after I told you what you needed... but you declined. which is fine but do you think I would try to sell you something you don't need? lol.. My thread is a build diary not a diy/how to. I only posted to set the record straight for others who may be interested in this swap.
Of course I declined you wanted 500 for fenders if I see some thing cheaper of course I will get something cheaper. I'm not hating on you but not all the info was posted up if you want to add more info to this thread I'm all thumbs up bro. Someone previous told me how to do it and it turned out to be a success. Plus my car finally drives
Old May 15, 2011, 01:33 PM
Account Disabled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
congrats! enjoy
Old May 16, 2011, 05:31 PM
Evolving Member

i hope it doesnt look off centered and un aligned like in the pics bro. i thought i saw you a few days ago driving with the wrecked front end heading into rowlett. (after you posted these pics of the evo front end)
Old May 27, 2011, 10:00 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Any updated current pics or you waiting to get evo front suspension ?
Old Jun 5, 2011, 02:40 PM
Evolved Member

Received 64 Likes on 48 Posts
Do you have any pix from the side? It looks like on the angle it was fine but as turbotime pointed out it doesnt always work. I wasnt quite clear what the actual fix on the centering is anyway. Is it just Evo LCA or is there more? It sounded like the evo push it too forward to the front end?

thanks

aaron
Old Jul 6, 2011, 03:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by AndyCT9A
I hear you, this is what I used to drive before I recently bought my evo.

I used to have evo 4 sideskirts, rear bumper, rear wing and I had an evo 5 front bumper that I never got round to putting on (couldn't be bothered dealing with the wide fenders and such).

Your car looks great, keep up the good work.
so pretty, I miss mine
Old Apr 20, 2013, 02:11 PM

Awesome!

This is just awesome! And... you should definitely upload recent pictures of this beautiful thing!?
Old Mar 28, 2017, 12:07 AM

Hi

Originally Posted by steven121
Thanks bro these are the only fenders I could find that are silver I would prefer one color than oem evo fenders that are a different color
hey steve just wonding are the evo head lights the same wires as a 2004 lancer as i am looking to do this converson too i just need to find out before i go a head wit it thanks
Old Mar 29, 2017, 09:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
way to go to bump a 4 year old thread son... steve last login was Jul 13, 2016,next time try to send a pm or start a new thread
Old Apr 18, 2017, 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by OZR_Lancer
way to go to bump a 4 year old thread son... steve last login was Jul 13, 2016,next time try to send a pm or start a new thread
way to go to respond to it as you complain about it. I know that everybody looking through these threads doesnt always check the dates. If i find an 8 year old thread on the topic im researching i will still try to get any questions i have answered. The more time that has passed just means the more people have figured it out. Not everybody posts what needs to be done, let alone all of the details..
Old Apr 18, 2017, 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by Guzzler13
hey steve just wonding are the evo head lights the same wires as a 2004 lancer as i am looking to do this converson too i just need to find out before i go a head wit it thanks
i know for my 02 and 03 lancers i would have to modify the wiring for the evo headlights to work properly. Im not very familiar with the 04 body styles but if your low beam and high beam are in the same bulb you will need to modify as well. The evo has seperate low beam and high beam bulbs.
Old Mar 16, 2021, 02:09 AM

Are those supposed to be links? Because they aren't working.

I got the same mitsubishi as you and I'm also trying to do the conversion. Just need the to know where you got the parts

Last edited by Hodrick; Mar 16, 2021 at 02:16 AM.