Notices
Lancer Tires, Wheels, Brakes & Suspension - Sponsored by The Tire Rack From suspension settings to new wheels and tires or brake upgrades... it's all covered here. Sponsored by: The Tire Rack

Help needed - difference between the 05 Es and 05 Oz Rally

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2011, 07:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help needed - difference between the 05 Es and 05 Oz Rally

Hi guys,
I'm driving am overseas 05 Lancer which appears to be a mix between the US Es and Oz Rally versions. I'm working on an upgrade for my car inside out and have to seek parts in US (performance parts are not available in my country).

When it comes to the suspension, i notice there are two different st of spring kit for the Es and OZ though they looks pretty much identical to me. so i wonder what are the keys differnce here since the coilovers set on offer for these two trims are identical? I'm on the verge of getting the tein SS coilover for mine but since i have to ship it from us across to asia, it'd be a pain in the butt if they turn out to be unfit.

I have once ordered a set of EBC Slotted GD855 rotors and matching yellow pads which were claimingly fit the OZ but didnt fit mine. So i'd take extra caution this time to avoid the frustration. All the guidance and support will be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Old Oct 31, 2011, 10:06 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Richievn
Hi guys,
I'm driving am overseas 05 Lancer which appears to be a mix between the US Es and Oz Rally versions. I'm working on an upgrade for my car inside out and have to seek parts in US (performance parts are not available in my country).

When it comes to the suspension, i notice there are two different st of spring kit for the Es and OZ though they looks pretty much identical to me. so i wonder what are the keys differnce here since the coilovers set on offer for these two trims are identical? I'm on the verge of getting the tein SS coilover for mine but since i have to ship it from us across to asia, it'd be a pain in the butt if they turn out to be unfit.

I have once ordered a set of EBC Slotted GD855 rotors and matching yellow pads which were claimingly fit the OZ but didnt fit mine. So i'd take extra caution this time to avoid the frustration. All the guidance and support will be greatly appreciated. Thanks
If the rotors did not fit then Id say your suspension and hubs are from the ES. I know the US 02-03 ES and OZ DO NOT have the same suspension. You have to get suspension that states ES. I am assuming yours is the same I would find a site that states the kit is for ES ONLY. I have seen places on ebay and various other places that claim the parts with fit es and oz. Usually I steer clear of those and stick with sites that say ES only at least for suspension

What does your registration say? You sure its not an ES with an OZ body kit or something?
Old Oct 31, 2011, 04:21 PM

Thanks for the reply. I started to think mechanically my ride is an lancer es with the exterior and interior borrowed from the OZ version like leather trim, rear spoiler or 15" 4-lugs alloy wheels. But i'm curious why the tein coilovers simultaneousky fit both es and oz (same model code for both) since they have different set up of the mounting andv such? Anyone here have try on the tein coilover for their lancer? Or else what coilover would you recommend? Or should i just go with the tein ss spring on kyb strut? I wont be racing at all except for occasional fun driving. Thanks all
Old Oct 31, 2011, 04:28 PM

Suspension/hubs/brakes/body/interior/exhaust
Old Oct 31, 2011, 05:42 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I just have tein s tech lowering springs and ES is separate model from the ls and oz springs. Maybe you have to specify es and you get some kind of adapter plate or something? Idk why not call the company and ask to be sure.