Notices
Lancer Troubleshooting Get help with any troubleshooting problems you may have.

Dome light comes on at random (power off)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2008, 02:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Dome light comes on at random (power off)

Hey all, first off, I should start by saying hi. I've had an 03 OZ for about 6 months now, and have been lurking about that long. This is a pretty cool place to look around to get frikkin amazing ideas.

That said, I've tried searching but can't find an answer to my problem.

Last night I happened to look out my front window and saw my dome light on. Kind of thought someone was in my car, but when I got outside, it was off. Then, (I didn't touch anything) it came back on briefly, then faded like the door was just shut. It then came back on, and so on and so forth.

I checked all the doors to make sure one wasn't slightly open and the wind was moving it against the door pin, and it still persisted to turn itself on and off. I just switched it to the "off" position and left it, but it's really bugging me since when I get in my car I no longer have a dome light.

Anyone?

Edit: I just realized I posted this in the 08 section... Sorry, can someone move it please?

Last edited by bucket220; Jan 5, 2008 at 03:41 PM.
Old Jan 6, 2008, 10:30 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by bucket220
Hey all, first off, I should start by saying hi. I've had an 03 OZ for about 6 months now, and have been lurking about that long. This is a pretty cool place to look around to get frikkin amazing ideas.

That said, I've tried searching but can't find an answer to my problem.

Last night I happened to look out my front window and saw my dome light on. Kind of thought someone was in my car, but when I got outside, it was off. Then, (I didn't touch anything) it came back on briefly, then faded like the door was just shut. It then came back on, and so on and so forth.

I checked all the doors to make sure one wasn't slightly open and the wind was moving it against the door pin, and it still persisted to turn itself on and off. I just switched it to the "off" position and left it, but it's really bugging me since when I get in my car I no longer have a dome light.

Anyone?
This happened on my last car. It was because the little sensor that determines if the door is open/closed was going bad. I'd check into that.
Old Jan 6, 2008, 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by Blacksheepdj
This happened on my last car. It was because the little sensor that determines if the door is open/closed was going bad. I'd check into that.
You mean the door pin sensors? They look rather easy to replace... I wonder if there's a way to know which one is going wrong.

Thanks for the help.
Old Jan 12, 2008, 10:42 PM
Evolving Member

GHOST!
Old Feb 26, 2008, 12:33 AM

while its on press on each door to determine which door is the problem then loosen the door striker screws on the B or C piller (B if its a front door, C if its a rear door) and tap it in a few millimeters and recheck that should fix it.