Notices
Evo Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical systems, audio system upgrades, or alarm configurations.

My interior lights work, I swear

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2017, 05:40 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My interior lights work, I swear

2005 VIII MR

My interior lights work. Map light buttons & dome light switch controls the lighting perfectly. But my doors however...well they don't do diddly squat. It's been this way since I bought the car some years back. Hell I even fiddled with the ON/DOOR/OFF dome switch for about half an hour in disbelief in the beginning Anywho. I've read the few threads I could find about this, to no avail. They've suggested door switches, at best, but all of the switches actuate my clusters door light as it should. I just can't bring myself to believe that's the cause unless I hear someone's story about it and why it worked. Until then, what else could this be? Share your stories and knowledge with me!
Old Jun 30, 2017, 10:42 PM
Evolved Member

Received 144 Likes on 128 Posts
The dome light switch needs to be set in the center position. One possibility is that the ETACS configuration for interior light delay is set to zero. I read there's five settings from zero to 30 seconds. If set to zero no light.

How to change? Dunno, never messed with it.
Old Jun 30, 2017, 10:54 PM

It's set to the center position. I'm aware of that, but the delay configuration...that's new news to me haha! Hm, I'll see if I can find anything about it. Thanks!
Old Jul 1, 2017, 02:12 PM
Evolved Member

I looked in the FSM under no dome light(s) (sunroof vehicles get one, otherwise 2) and the first thing they mention is checking if the ETACS configuration for interior light delay is set to zero. After that it was MUT-III this and MUT-III that with lots of screen shots and that's where my eyes glazed over.
Old Jul 1, 2017, 05:39 PM

I think my question is how it even got set to zero, if so. I haven't got around to trying anything yet but I will shortly!
Old Jul 1, 2017, 05:43 PM
Evolved Member

Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts
Curious for the results
Old Jul 1, 2017, 07:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 45 Likes on 41 Posts
Wiring, possible corrosion (see gremlins sticky), issue with ETACS. Never heard about configuration within him guessing this is something you'd need a MITs MUT-III or the like to access/change.

Never seen any info about it in any opensource info...

Last edited by gsrboi80; Jul 1, 2017 at 07:25 PM.
Old Jul 2, 2017, 05:54 PM
Evolved Member

Glove box handbook also says timing of interior lights can be changed . . . "see your Mitsubishi dealer for details". Nowadays, any (or at least many) of the higher end scan tools the shops use will breeze through the body computer.

Last edited by barneyb; Jul 2, 2017 at 06:00 PM.
Old Jul 3, 2017, 11:03 AM

wow, unreal. i had no idea things as little as interior light timing could be adjusted via computer haha! well, looks like i'm taking the car into the dealer either way. i recall reading about the "single faulty door switch not letting ANY door switch operate interior lights" being a dealer diagnostic as well. man, i barely have enough time to do DMV/court/city&county things with the hours i work. i wonder where i'm gonna find the time to do this LOL. i will keep this updated when i find the cause, for record.